Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
As a shameless Sailor Moon cosplayer/fanboy, I'll be looking forward to seeing where this thread goes. Also, for those curious, the current ongoing anime remake is pretty decent and follows the manga a lot more closely than the 90s anime does, for better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Aces High posted:

because a few of my friends are HUGE Sailor Moon fans they were all over the new series, so I watched a couple episodes. The transformation CG is so loving weird that I ended up wanting to watch the original instead. That and Ami has no sleeves for some reason, what's up with that?

the first two seasons have that really jarring CG animation style, but I was willing to overlook it because the story was so very good. the third (and current) season is much closer to its roots, and returns to hand-drawn transformation scenes and more "natural" character styles.

e: Also, the third season is the best arc with the best characters, and definitely doesn't shy away from sailor uranus' gender fluidity + sexual orientation this time around!

Weed Wolf fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 7, 2016

• Locked thread