Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

I smoked opium once with some friends when I was in college and then had the most delicious, succulent burger I've ever had (it was a McBurg). I can see how someone can get addicted to it and I've never touched the stuff again.

Jump forward 10 years and my sister has been through rehab 3 times, has hep c, a miscarriage and is now a single mom.

I probably made the right choice...
:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
You smoked opium then managed to go get and eat a burger?

Kind of weak poo poo are you goons getting?

Aug 4, 2010

get big into heroin then get free methadone from doctor

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Seconding everyone here who says stop. Heroin is nasty poo poo man.

#GBScares

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

This probably wasn't a good choice op

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

www posted:

get big into heroin then get free methadone from doctor

you gotta show up at some kinda depressing government clinic every morning to get that, i think

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
It takes like 20 mins to kick in when you snort it, gently caress its like you people have never done heroin before or something. Patience, op

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

I was the passenger, I'm a huge pussy about driving under the influence because I've seen DUI license suspensions wreck peoples lives.

Once we got back the only things we moved were our thumbs as we sit in chairs, heads tilted to one side or another, while we played Gauntlet.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
"i'll take pictures of yourself puking into a trashcan that you find in a trashcan, unironically for $200, alex"

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
Good point, find something to throw up into for when it kicks in. Then just enjoy the ride. I recommend some deep space 9 or whatevs

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tectonis posted:

I smoked opium once with some friends when I was in college and then had the most delicious, succulent burger I've ever had (it was a McBurg). I can see how someone can get addicted to it and I've never touched the stuff again.

Jump forward 10 years and my sister has been through rehab 3 times, has hep c, a miscarriage and is now a single mom.

I probably made the right choice...
:bsdsnype:

This made me sad, I am sorry for your sister but hey for like 60K she can get her hep C cured. Yaay

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
There's no way you did that actually cause I'm pretty sure you'd be experiencing precipitated withdrawals which basically feels like dying.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I would do heroin if the awesome part of it wasn't so short lived and the fact you eventually don't even get high on it and you need it just to not feel like absolute death, life is hard enough I can't imagine dealing with a crippling addiction on top of that.

Why can't there just be heroin with all the cool and good parts and none of the life ruining parts?

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

I would do heroin if the awesome part of it wasn't so short lived and the fact you eventually don't even get high on it and you need it just to not feel like absolute death, life is hard enough I can't imagine dealing with a crippling addiction on top of that.

Why can't there just be heroin with all the cool and good parts and none of the life ruining parts?

you could be a weekend warrior

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

max4me posted:

This made me sad, I am sorry for your sister but hey for like 60K she can get her hep C cured. Yaay

Thanks :gbsmith: she's got something like 7 years left before the liver scarring really starts. I still believe it will eventually be the cause of her death because she's a poor felon (she went to jail when she started stealing to feed her habit) and no one is going to willing cover the cost of treatment, let alone give her a new liver. Her twin sister on the other hand just finished her masters and started a residency at some mental health institute(and she's saving herself for marriage). :psypop:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i get a natural high by chasing neighbourhood dogs

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tectonis posted:

Her twin sister on the other hand just finished her masters and started a residency at some mental health institute(and she's saving herself for marriage). :psypop:

is she hot

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
buttchug it

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

She has a very low BMI and is probably going to tell the family she's an alcoholic in the next few years.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i get a natural high by chasing neighbourhood dogs

Don't get addicted, I've seen people go off the deep end never to be seen again.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Please don't do heroin op

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow OP I bet you're an absolute badass who breaks all the rules.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Linux Pirate posted:

Don't get addicted, I've seen people go off the deep end never to be seen again.

you arent allowed dogs at the pool! :confused:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

OP if you want to talk to me about going to the ER at 3AM to get subox for your withdrawal, or making GBS threads and puking yourself because the hospital doesn't want to deal with you after your tens of thousands of dollars in ER visits that you have no means to pay for. So you can only go home and "muscle through it" for days on end then we can talk.

Also how best to flag your ride down when you are literally living under a bridge, so you can get to court for your latest string of thefts.

Jeez remembering all this is depressing, I need to go smoke.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tectonis posted:

You made the right choice. Too many goons have died from their addiction to McDonald's.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
i once did some heroin, late at night, i thought it would give me chill dreams. turns out even though its technically a depressant its actually quite stimulating and i just lay there itching all night. pleasant enough, but i was knackered the next day as i slept for 2 hours or so and never touched it again

my friends were all like dont do it i know people whove ruined there lives etc but i said ill try anything once, a philosophy which has probably resulted in brain damagew

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

you arent allowed dogs at the pool! :confused:

Just keep in mind a pup is more buoyant than you or I.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

Jim Barris posted:

There's no way you did that actually cause I'm pretty sure you'd be experiencing precipitated withdrawals which basically feels like dying.

this is only true if you're already physically addicted. if you aren't, then you're not susceptible to withdrawing in the first place. also op has no idea what buprenorphine is or what it does if he thinks that it only blocks opiates if used intravenously. i mean you obviously don't know what it is if you're even taking it right now in the first place. like what the gently caress do you think people take it for then if it supposedly only blocks them when you IV it? op you're going to have to do a lot more heroin to feel it now that your opiate receptors are saturated with the bupe. or wait at least 24 hours. you could have posted this in tcc and gotten real advice but instead you decided to be a dumb attention-seeker.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

skit herre posted:

nah, that's just when used intraveniously doofus

It doesnt matter how, as long as it gets in to your system it will weaken or entirely ruin your high

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
good job on taking a drug that can kill you, op

idiot

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
wieners don't use drugs

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Go to wallgreens and ask for a bag of syringes and do it properly next time op

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crack posted:

i once did some heroin, late at night, i thought it would give me chill dreams. turns out even though its technically a depressant its actually quite stimulating and i just lay there itching all night. pleasant enough, but i was knackered the next day as i slept for 2 hours or so and never touched it again

my friends were all like dont do it i know people whove ruined there lives etc but i said ill try anything once, a philosophy which has probably resulted in brain damagew

Codeine is a better bet for sweet, sweet opium dreams than heroin imo.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
go directly to police station and turn yourself in. drugs are not toys, playing with drugs is like playing with fire. the police will take you into custody and likely hose you down with ice cold water and beat you with billy clubs. this is normal and it will help you get off of drugs.

good luck OP

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
#GBSHatesAddiction

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Zidrooner posted:

Codeine is a better bet for sweet, sweet opium dreams than heroin imo.

I wish I had an assload of codeine and Vicodin.

stupid laws.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
my nigga have you tried lsd

it's fun you probably should

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Be like William S. Burroughs and never stop, even when you're in your 80's.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

OP took heroin than blocked it with a sub thinking it only blocks ived heroin. lmai

Who ever said junkies are smart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Be like William S. Burroughs and never stop, even when you're in your 80's.

also get a hand gun and play William Tell with your wife.

• Locked thread