Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

just like maginot, manga bonple got replaced too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please add the Brazilian school that is full of hastily trained girls riding Saunders' surplus tanks GUP team

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Please add the Brazilian school that is full of hastily trained girls riding Saunders' surplus tanks GUP team

Same but Chinese. Also same but Burmese on Gloriana tanks

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Chinese school having a hodgepodge of Kuromorimine, Saunders, and Pravda tanks would be a great knockoff of Ooarai

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
E: Whoops

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Same but Chinese. Also same but Burmese on Gloriana tanks

There's a Burmese school already on the Ribbon Warrior manga according to the wiki

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Plutonis posted:

There's a Burmese school already on the Ribbon Warrior manga according to the wiki

(that's the reference)

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Chinese school having a hodgepodge of Kuromorimine, Saunders, and Pravda tanks would be a great knockoff of Ooarai

A set of Chinese schools that's like the reverse of BC-Freedom would be amusing where they have a hodgepodge of tanks and there's still drama of how the school was split and people on each team sabotaging the other and having a set of star-crossed lovers commanders

Edit: It'd be something like the original school had tanks from Kuromori and then split up with one school asking Pravda for tanks and the other asking Saunders

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
More trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCwR7VJydc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZSCwgHuVNA

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, that animation quality's quite good, and Kawashima's family is adorable! :kimchi: I have to ask, it seem like they're really pushing her as opposed to the other two student councillors- is she really that popular?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sadly yes, you can also buy her dumb monocle irl

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

sadly yes, you can also buy her dumb monocle irl

Screw you

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Momo is good

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Man, that animation quality's quite good, and Kawashima's family is adorable! :kimchi: I have to ask, it seem like they're really pushing her as opposed to the other two student councillors- is she really that popular?

The animation quality is why it took 1.5 years to make a new hour long movie.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xelkelvos posted:

The animation quality is why it took 1.5 years to make a new hour long movie.

Yeah, I know, and I won't be able to judge how worth it it'd have been until the movie comes out, but it really does look good.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Part 2 is good. Both parts combined are are showing in Korea now, I'm glad I got to see them in a theater. The animation quality is great, but getting to see the movies w/the full theater sound setup is worth the price of admission on its own.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Das Finale Part 2 subs are done and up where anime :filez: are found.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

another classic in the only good franchise this decade

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i audibly gasped at the end. now this is character development

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Space Flower posted:

i audibly gasped at the end. now this is character development

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Goodbye charge is amazing

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

THEY RETREATED

Our terrible Nippon punching bags are growing up before our very eyes :japan:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Disappointed we only got a brief glimpse of the best commander a Koala

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
More of the loser schools. Maybe not Spain, but definitely the Australian school and their commander. Im sure there's ways to make the Belgians, Poles, and others interesting.

We're likely to see the Finns next given the bracket

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Super Jay Mann posted:

Our terrible Nippon punching bags are growing up before our very eyes :japan:

:same:

Also #LetMarieHaveSomeDamnCake #RevolutionBC

Seriously, a damned rose bath?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 29, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

:same:

Also #LetMarieHaveSomeDamnCake #RevolutionBC

Seriously, a damned rose bath?

At least she's being environmentally conscious and using rainwater.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I loved the Boko museum so much

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm a bit disappointed we're apparently only getting schools we've already seen from here on out. Would've liked to see someone new. Are we ever going to learn what's up with that Swiss Guard team?

Glad we at least get to see Chi-ha-tan with competent tactics.

It was heartwarming to see Momo's poor family. I hope they win so she can graduate. Though with what Darjeeling said about the Winter Competition being more important than even the summer one, I bet there's going to be a reveal of even higher stakes partway through, like in the original series.

I liked Marie chomping down cake during Andou and Oshida's yuri moment. It was also cool how the voices in the Fried Onion song died as tanks were taken out, until it was only Marie singing in the end.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Disappointed we only got a brief glimpse of the best commander a Koala

Tragic

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVj2uBjqVU

Looks like nothing new except for the Norwegian(?) school.

Can't wait to watch this in two years.

Also, one year and seven months ago...

Please hurry along with part 3.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I think it's entirely possible that the setup from here on out only appears straightforward when in fact we just don't know what surprises could come out.

Such as the Arisu-Mika sister combo.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wouldn't be shocked we have Oorai face new schools till the finals where they have to face Darjeeling the one school they've lost to twice

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Well the thing there is since all the smaller schools lost—there’s only schools we’ve seen Ooarai face before. Even if it were all rematches I think there are many options for curveballs though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Well the thing there is since all the smaller schools lost—there’s only schools we’ve seen Ooarai face before. Even if it were all rematches I think there are many options for curveballs though.

They haven't played Keizoku, the Finnish school. In the scene where they got through their Ro16 match, we didn't even see their flag tank.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah we're probably going to get Oorai vs Keizoku next and than the rematch with Darjeeling and the Canadian school will get no screen time at all SMH

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was some great animation. Especially Marie's constant acrobatics. My favorite is the wriggle after she nearly gets decapitated by her own team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That scenes's a really good example of how important character animation is. Marie's a complete nothing character on paper, but that scene made me like her a decent bit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I would assume that the rematch against St. Gloriana will be where Darjeeling finally whips out that Tortoise she's kept talking about.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah we're probably going to get Oorai vs Keizoku next and than the rematch with Darjeeling

I actually hope Darjeeling continues the running joke and beats Ooarai again, with Momo still managing to get into uni since second place is p. drat good.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Endorph posted:

That scenes's a really good example of how important character animation is. Marie's a complete nothing character on paper, but that scene made me like her a decent bit.

The best part was her instant "oh poo poo" reaction when she heard her lackeys were in team kill mode. Poor girl could barely swallow that cake. :allears:

EDIT: As for predictions, I'm expecting Anglerfish to get knocked out early on next episode, forcing Momo to take on the Commander role for real this time leading to a narrow win.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 2, 2020

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I, too, love the onion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I, too, love the onion.

But are you a tank driving drifter?