Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I missed this surreal rear end show that plays everything completely straight

yea that aircraft carrier school is bigger then the town, don't worry about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Girls und Panzer das Finale 1&2 4DX is currently #1 in terms of ticket booking rates in South Korea apparently. GuP is still relevant!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
GuP will always be relevant!

But yeah, I doubt it's going to go away any time soon. At the very least, the fact that Das Finale episodes take so long between each other might keep the hype train tank going.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CommissarMega posted:

At the very least, the fact that Das Finale episodes take so long between each other might keep the hype train tank railway gun going.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

GuP will always be relevant!

But yeah, I doubt it's going to go away any time soon. At the very least, the fact that Das Finale episodes take so long between each other might keep the hype train tank going.

The spin-off manga are still chugging along too. It's rare for a series like GuP to keep chugging like this despite having no sorta of Moba game or idols to help push things along.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it had 2 mobage games (1 died) with idol outfits!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah it's a merchandising and franchising titan, it's just that from across the ocean you wouldn't see it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
subs for das Finale 3 are out!!

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

The tankettes in that segment were great.
Interesting that they seem to be going for a tank version of Simo Hayha with that cliffhanger.

The radish war OVA wasn't anything special, but it was funny to see how blatantly they resize the school ships whenever needed.

Somehow that mountainous forest there grew 3 full Southern US biomes on it. Saunders would be proud. :science:

Bonus chibi horses instead of chibi tanks for the credits sequence too.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That Chihatan match was a real nail biter.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Interesting that we've basically got two of the same kind of tactical challenge for Oarai back to back. I figure Continuation will be the final exam for what they learned against Chi-Ha-Tan.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I assume it's going to be Black Forest again in the finals, since otherwise that setup would be kind of wasted.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
St. Gloriana is the popular pick since all of das Finale has been Oarai fighting schools they didn't in the first tournament and they have yet to actually ever beat them so it'd be a good bookend.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

St. Gloriana is the popular pick since all of das Finale has been Oarai fighting schools they didn't in the first tournament and they have yet to actually ever beat them so it'd be a good bookend.

Yes, but Erika got some serious buildup this episode as an all-new leader incorporating Oarai-style lunacy into Kuromorimine combat doctrine, and that seems like a really obvious place to take the final confrontation (seeing as it's all about passing on legacies to the new generation). St. Gloriana is superb but orthodox and static, and that feels like an obvious weakness for them against Erika's innovation.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Darth Walrus posted:

St. Gloriana is superb but orthodox and static

Rosehip is highly dynamic.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Rosehip is highly dynamic.

She's the Queen of Speed

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The fact that nobody's even suggested giving Rosehip a Cromwell shows just how terminally stuck in their ways St. Gloriana are.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Regarding the (spoiling to be safe) Saunders vs Jatkosota match, while I realize showing the Jerries beat the Yanks or the Brits might send the wrong message, and having Saunders take on Anzio would turn the whole farce into a bigger comedy of errors than it was (seriously, one of the two St. Gloriana tanks that went in the water was still battle-worthy, according to the scoreboard at the end), I really would've loved if the episode went full Simo Hayha and had the Finns rain perkele on Pravda. That would've been so goddamn sweet.

Also, can someone who is better at gifs make one of Katyusha's face when she lost? :allears:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

CommissarMega posted:

Also, can someone who is better at gifs make one of Katyusha's face when she lost? :allears:
:hmmyes:

Bonus almost looping gif

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Part of Der Film was Shiho only helping because Black Forest Peak needed to get revenge on Oarai. It'd make sense to have another BFP vs. Oarai match in the end, and tie into Shiho reconciling with Miho.

Also did Alice ever join a school? That plotline seems to have been dropped.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Part of Der Film was Shiho only helping because Black Forest Peak needed to get revenge on Oarai. It'd make sense to have another BFP vs. Oarai match in the end, and tie into Shiho reconciling with Miho.

Also did Alice ever join a school? That plotline seems to have been dropped.

There's a sense of implicit reconciliation, I think, as part of Der Film. Or at least an acknowledgement of Miho's skills by Shiho. There's nothing totally explicit in anything animated iirc, but it's basically accepted fanon that there's some level of reconciliation.

That's been dropped since she's basically not relevant to this tournament and the plotline here. He possible transfer was more a seed if they did something other than Das Finale, though it's still possible Alice could show up as her preferred tank is British. The speculated final is Oarai vs. Gloriana since that was their first opponent way back at the beginning of the series and would essentially bring the series full circle as they get a now proper fair fight against the first school they faced.

This is all years from now though.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
POV: You're about to ruin a somebody's entire senshado career

Straight up not having a good time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New trailer up for next Das Finale part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZJEjBAGA0

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The first 9 minutes of Das Finale part 4 have been uploaded which includes the OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TB7P_dJJFM

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Das Finale 4 has been subbed in english finally. (disregard the slightly older ones that are just memesubs)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well that was predictably chaotic.

Close but no cigar, Erika. I knew you were done for once they started showing off even more goofy cohorts for Rosehip and then especially when Alice showed up.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mizushima is criminally underrated as a 3D action director. The downhill slalom tank battle was just an amazing spectacle

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Mizushima is criminally underrated as a 3D action director. The downhill slalom tank battle was just an amazing spectacle

It was hard to follow, but not impossible, and the difficulty in following worked for the sort of fight it was.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Always appreciate subtitles going above and beyond

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Nate RFB posted:

Always appreciate subtitles going above and beyond

i cant remember what it was but there was something where someone was vibrating and the subtitles vibrated with them, this sort of stuff is great

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

One thing that really stood out for me was the sound design.

The decision of the showrunners to ensure that the engine noises of each tank type is unique (and with a creditable attempt towards accuracy) actually spoiled Alice appearing. Because nothing else in the show sounds like her Centurion

I have no idea how they got a reasonably accurate recreation of a goddamn Avalanche, but a huge amount of credit has to be given to the foley artists and sound crew for their absolutely painstaking work.

I would not be surprised if they admitted to trying to find and record samples of the actual vehicles in operation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sel Nar posted:

I would not be surprised if they admitted to trying to find and record samples of the actual vehicles in operation.
the series is sponsored by and has collaborated with wargaming, the world of tanks guys, so i wouldnt be surprised if they had access to stuff like that through them

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That downhill battle was an incredible spectacle of pure kineticism.

Also I will never stop giving props to the audio people for always knowing when to turn the BGM off.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought one of the posts above was talking about the first downhill battle so my jaw hit the floor when the second one started.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Sel Nar posted:

No KV-1s or mountains were harmed in the making of this film.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That downhill slope tank battle might be the sickest thing I've ever seen :stare:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's a 10 minute short called "Commander War!" out as well if you wanted to see the one off schools/commanders get a little time in the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

There's a 10 minute short called "Commander War!" out as well if you wanted to see the one off schools/commanders get a little time in the sun.

Nonna's gonna kill that Australian commander.