Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Rewatched the first season again last weekend and yep, it's still good. Need to catch up with this thread now that there is a new one.

Are any of the OVA's or the movie Dubed yet as I can do Subs, but drat if I have to read while taking in all the Tank action. Even if the English VA's leave a lot to be desired compared to other shows unfortunately. (Except the Russian VA, she was fantastic + the song).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Command Ant posted:

What makes Yukari so great is her pure-hearted sincerity. Her love of tanks, her loyalty and respect for Miho, and her overall enthusiasm for everything are all so heartfelt and unclouded by any sort of pretension, that it makes her such a great, lovable character.

I like Yukari and I don't appreciate Crow's anti-Yukari stance.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

EdEddnEddy posted:

Rewatched the first season again last weekend and yep, it's still good. Need to catch up with this thread now that there is a new one.

what the?!

also you don't have to worry about tank action for the ovas, the anzio ova is mostly tank stuff but the specials are all just character antics mostly devoid of tanks

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

I like Yukari and I don't appreciate Crow's anti-Yukari stance.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Yukari is the friend everyone should have.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
You can have the Yukari experience by owning a dog.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zettace posted:

You can have the Yukari experience by owning a dog.

as a dog owner, it is not the same as yukari

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Katreus posted:

I thought she basically is? In the sound drama, it's noted she's always running around, her family is poor, and she has 18 siblings (?!) or something like that. But she really tries to match up with the others re: grace / manners (to... misc. effect) and looks up to Darjeeling.

It's not actually said or implied all that much. She just has a four generation home living under one roof which would make even a middle class family stressed.

Jintor posted:

No Anzio drama track? Boooooo

/edit also it just occured to me that the Senshado teams for the other schools may as well be their student councils. Well, it is a world obsessed with tanks...
It's probably on one of the other four drama CDs. All of which are untranslated

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Command Ant posted:

What makes Yukari so great is her pure-hearted sincerity. Her love of tanks, her loyalty and respect for Miho, and her overall enthusiasm for everything are all so heartfelt and unclouded by any sort of pretension, that it makes her such a great, lovable character.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I just finished watching the movie, those two hours sure went by fast. :stwoon:

The Finnish polka was just amazing.
Speaking of that I thought I recognized Mika's VA and it turned out to be Mamiko Noto. Neat.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 9, 2016

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lol i just read the original thread first five pages and they are insanely full of aids

To be fair there was no reason to expect GuP to be anything except Strike Witches with planes replaced by tanks. Expectations were rightfully low, even if they turned out to be wrong.

People taking the old OP seriously though, that was funny.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

MJP posted:

I love GuP but goddammit I want my Cold War sequel. Imagine all the kickass battles but with ATGMs.

Girls und Panzer: AirLand Battle

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Girls und Panzer: Mutually Assured Destruction

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Girls und Panzer: Red Alert

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Lost it when I saw the switches on the Porsche Tiger's engine panel.

Truly it was the F-35 of its time :allears:

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Jintor posted:

No Anzio drama track? Boooooo

/edit also it just occured to me that the Senshado teams for the other schools may as well be their student councils. Well, it is a world obsessed with tanks...

The drama CD is kind of a companion piece to Der Film, and Anzio didn't get any new characters in the movie, so they didn't get a drama track. And besides, Anzio has several tracks from the previous drama CDs (which nobody bothered to translate, as far as I can tell).

Jintor posted:

anyway, tell me about love live and tanks

♪So, so naive― With a loadout like that,♪
♪There's no way you'll be able to escape♪
♪I'm secretly setting my sights on you from behind♪

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

The drama CD is kind of a companion piece to Der Film, and Anzio didn't get any new characters in the movie, so they didn't get a drama track. And besides, Anzio has several tracks from the previous drama CDs (which nobody bothered to translate, as far as I can tell).

I'm sure several Anons (I swear I saw you or someone pretending to be you post in the GuP thread on /a/) and Goons among others would be thrilled to get translations of the other audio dramas.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I understood maybe 60% of the St. Gloriana drama so I guess I could give it a shot. expect results in... uh... three months.

aww, poo poo.

As for Love Live: Soldier Game... Cutie Panther... why did I not realise this before? Tanks for all!

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Polikarpov posted:

Lost it when I saw the switches on the Porsche Tiger's engine panel.

Truly it was the F-35 of its time :allears:

Pretty sure that's aftermarket - the engineering club engaged in some rules-lawyering and did some things with the electric drive that aren't exactly WWII-spec (and have a sense of humor for labelling buttons it seems). Official rules only forbid modfying the engine because nobody was thinking about that unique hybrid drive when writing them.

Also, the F-35 isn't half the boondoggle that the Tiger(P) was. :colbert:

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Magni posted:

Pretty sure that's aftermarket - the engineering club engaged in some rules-lawyering and did some things with the electric drive that aren't exactly WWII-spec (and have a sense of humor for labelling buttons it seems). Official rules only forbid modfying the engine because nobody was thinking about that unique hybrid drive when writing them.

It's Worse.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Think the Porsche would at least be more successful in flying than the f-35 would ever be.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Can the Porsche cross the international date line?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
In the movie they said there are "regulations" on the engines in tanks but I think that means you can upgrade them to an extent. I mean otherwise you wouldn't be seeing Churchills and KV-2s keeping up with T-34s and such.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Magni posted:

IIRC I heard there was some rule entry about having all electric and electronic components up to modern spec for the sake of safety.
They just overclocked the electric drive with extra juice. :v:

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
Someone had way too much time, but I enjoyed it. GUP has good sounds (and background music!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGIfQd3H6C0

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure several Anons (I swear I saw you or someone pretending to be you post in the GuP thread on /a/) and Goons among others would be thrilled to get translations of the other audio dramas.

I don't know how much free time I'll have in the coming months, but I'll do more dramas if I feel like it.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i just watched the movie and it was good as hell the entire way through. good anime feels

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Luceid posted:

i just watched the movie and it was good as hell the entire way through. good anime feels

i just watched the movie and what the gently caress THERE WAS A ROLLERCOASTER

JESUS

CHRIST

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I was really, really impressed by the movie. Just plain fun from beginning to end. Definitely the most enjoyable movie I've seen so far this year, and I can't think of anything coming out that's likely to top it in terms of 'ability to put someone in a good mood'.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

So now the important question is: season 2, when?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just watched the movie, poo poo was real good, way better than I expected even reading people saying it ruled and all already. I just really like that this is poo poo about fun and stupid tank poo poo, there's no grim dark undertone or tragic backstory (aside from the super general stuff we got that was pretty mild for 'anime sad stuff'). Just tanks and moe.

Now who do I see about getting a moe air force show to complete the trinity of this with High School Fleet

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Now who do I see about getting a moe air force show to complete the trinity of this with High School Fleet

There's already Strike Witches.

Mankind needs to take warfare into space so Japan can make a moe show about it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Just watched the movie, poo poo was real good, way better than I expected even reading people saying it ruled and all already. I just really like that this is poo poo about fun and stupid tank poo poo, there's no grim dark undertone or tragic backstory (aside from the super general stuff we got that was pretty mild for 'anime sad stuff'). Just tanks and moe.

They should probably fix Haifuri first.

For air, besides Strike Witches, there's an OVA of the jet fighter anime from Shirobako

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Command Ant posted:

There's already Strike Witches.

Mankind needs to take warfare into space so Japan can make a moe show about it.
Nah, Strike Witches is in the other military trinity, the military magical girl one.

We still need cute girls piloting cute planes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just watched der film too and it was in fact very good

tank coaster

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Kyte posted:

Nah, Strike Witches is in the other military trinity, the military magical girl one.

p-38-san~~~~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kyte posted:

Exactly! I don't want magic, I want moe poo poo in fighter planes and poo poo.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
GuP is in a totally different genre from those shows. While those shows are "Girls doing stuff™", GuP is a sports-battle anime where the characters are all girls.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's like Mighty Ducks except the sport depicted is much more noble and ladylike than something so base as hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

In a series that has a Maus doing something other than sitting in place and a Tiger P that works the bog Yoda's BT-42 is the one tank that takes the most liberties with it's actual historical performance.