Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
On the subject of earnest characters, Momo is my absolute favorite. Seeing her not only in the gunner's seat but able to score her first kill ( :3: ) fills me with the highest elation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

jng2058 posted:

Alisa is the one they keep around to show how chill the rest of the team is by comparison, duh. :colbert:

"Don't Mind!" - Oarai Tagline

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/ifujishinsen44/status/735122850277789699

gasp

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Great now I realize I lost the better part of an hour just listening to GuP's military marches

The Anzio songs were doubly awesome to me because I remember them all from choir

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, it's not really worth reading

BGM - Jinroh Main Theme

Also Momo is crying in every other panel. The mangaka gets it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Sports leagues pulling in obscene revenue is the part of the show that's truest to reality.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/chinpui02/status/755035771111780353

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

the freaking katyusha diary

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I look up British patriotic music and I get a 9 minutes and 39 seconds of a young girl in tradional British Army scarlet red uniform on a Churchill 1 tank drinking tea while the British Grenadiers is being played. You can't get anymore English than that but the other doll needs a cigar, a English bulldog and her doing the victory sign✌like Winston Churchill. You also need a spitfire flying past with the union flag flying in the background. Not to forget that you need a lot of rum, brandy, whiskey and stout sitting about with a Scotsman plays the bagpipes, a Welshman killing a sheep for the scotsmans Haggis, while us Northern Irish either marching with flute bands or showing our British identy by murals, bands and decking our streets in union flags, Red Hand of Ulsters to WW1 memorial flags. As all this happens the Royal Family watches and waves form Buckingham Palace as we sing God Save The Queen with No Surrender put in the middle by us Northern Irish and some Scots. With all that then it is 100% British.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That's why it's such an epic burn when Miho politely reminds the Chinese team not to charge in

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I do.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/garupan/status/769837235852095488

"Final Chapter" ?!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah sure, I'll grind some World of Warships for a GuP collab

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
3/10 could use a Hetzer conversion kit

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Finally someone who could tell me what the hell is going on with every GuP artist on Twitter in the past week. Thanks.

https://twitter.com/rollsheeeep/status/780002683520323585

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 26, 2016

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I thought the Pershings worked well for the movie format and for being the weakness of the University team. They mostly operate by the numbers, so even though Arisu is a prodigy and her Bermuda trio is very skilled, they don't seem to micromanage their lackeys the way Miho does. Miho's team won by constantly being on the run and spreading the enemy thin so that they could outplay interspersed fights instead.

Mika was blown in by the wind.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/patchimlikit/status/780439129578278917

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
gently caress off you wankers. I came in here expecting movie news

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's hilarious how he describes her as a Black Lagoon hitman though.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Post the first part of that tweet imo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the mext guy owns because using shadowy politicking adults as villains gives the story high stakes without putting responsibility on the girls. thanks to him, it's not detrimental to the plot when everyone from Kuromorimine loves Miho, and Arisu can be a super chill 'antagonist' who thinks her enemies are adorable and gives them a fighting chance and later comes over for cosplay and sleepovers

so yeah, either him returning or having dudes above him who are even more snake-like would be awesome

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Xelkelvos posted:

There's the "tankathalon" series they could always adapt.

they should adapt ribbon no musha, the one with the protag who decides to stick with tank driving because she likes how it feels when her gf and tank partner steps on her

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lord Koth posted:

...Yeah, there is absolutely no way a WWI Mk. IV tank should be remotely useful. In any way. Even in this series, this seems a bit ridiculous.

A little bit of skill, ingenuity, and luck go a long way in Garupan. Just look at Continuation-chan

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i love marie's flat expressions covered in cake crumbs and when she gets up to wave the fan

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm calling bullshit on half of ribbon musha's "non-alcohols"

gonna be REAL PISSED if asparagus doesnt show up in das finale

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

has anyone been lucky enough to see it in the cinema and see what the next enemy school will be? new fanart appears to be mostly spain, but i find it hard to believe the next school would be spain

Well, it comprises about half the movie. To spoil using a synopsis from the guy who translates Nagatoro (trusted source)

- First bracket results: the major schools are all shown beating the minor ones (the person summarizing this didn't catch Anzio v. Bonple because it was very quick)

- The next fight for Ooarai is against Chihatan in a rain forest (very WW2), whose girls boast that they've learned about new tactics, Stationary Charge and Goodbye Charge. The battlefield includes a lake which Chihatan uses for more amphibious combat such as employing Type 2 Ka-mi .

- The film ends with Nishi calling a retreat.

Also, Touyama Nao plays Eclair from Maginot.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i audibly gasped at the end. now this is character development

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I think it's entirely possible that the setup from here on out only appears straightforward when in fact we just don't know what surprises could come out.

Such as the Arisu-Mika sister combo.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Well the thing there is since all the smaller schools lost—there’s only schools we’ve seen Ooarai face before. Even if it were all rematches I think there are many options for curveballs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah it's a merchandising and franchising titan, it's just that from across the ocean you wouldn't see it