Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: 0 | Sup: 0 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

This is so cool. We're fighting two gangs, some of the people here kinda sorta have powers, and I'm leaping and sprinting and wallrunning around this crazy dockyard having the time of my life. I'm sure whatever happens here is going to get blamed on me somehow - why won't the Herald just go out of business already - so I've got a great plan for this: I'll take on the biggest and toughest looking person I can find here, whoever's causing the most damage (that isn't on our side). There's bound to be cameras all around, which means they'll be footage of us (and therefore me) being heroic. Even if the herald won't mention anything, other newspapers might comment on it, TV shows might air some of the fight footage even. It'd be so cool if we went viral.

Maybe it'll turn my mom's opinion of me, er Red Fox, around as well. Maybe. Turns out a "criminal" stealing a "valuable prototype" from a place where she works - and got me an internship - may have not exactly improved her opinion of my alter-ego. Kinda makes my internship at Camelot Corp interesting when half the employees really hate me, and there's a tip-line setup for anything anyone heres about Red Fox. Not great, basically.

A wild swing from the musclebound goon I'm up against interrupts my thoughts, kinda. Guess his name's Brick? Someone shouted that earlier towards him, so probably. Anyways, he's crazy strong and can turn into stone, if him punching through a shipping container with a stonefist is indicative of anything. Luckily it looks like it's got a cooldown, is fortunate - I'm strong, but not like, smash giant boulders with a single punch strong. He roars in frustration as I dodge yet again, aiming a furious punch so easy to evade I flip over it. Still, I'm being too relaxed - this might be fun, but I've got to be serious about it. Gotta think of this like a final exam or a progression raid and actually focus.

Switching Mundane with Danger for the rest of the session via The Mask.

My mask's electronics scramble my voice aloud and over the comms channel the team uses - and I'm speaking over both at the moment, balanced in a wide stance on top of a crane arm and looking down at my foe. "Oh? Glad I got the slow, dumb type. Rejoining you all soon." Not really nice, but he is sort of trying to hurt me, so fair's fair? Showstopper would probably say something like that. So would Quixzot, but only on accident.

He does't seem to like that description, but that's the point. Let's see if All American can take out her foe as quick as I can - 'cuz just watch this. Just as he starts to bluster something and charge forward I'm vaulting over him, grinning under my helmet as he turns to follow me. "Hello." It looks like I'm going to wind up a punch, but he's ready for it. All part of my plan (I think, going on reflexes mostly!)

Instead, I leap up, spinning so as to be able to kick off the steel beam overhead, with the end resulting that I get to land right behind this lumbering jerk almost certainly too fast for him to have seen. "And goodbye!" I bet I look and sound awesome! Time for this guy to get rekt. Let's see what's quicker - this kick I have going at his head, or his dumb stone power. Because if it's me, it's lights out Stoneguy. Brickman? The Mason! Whatever, soon to be Unconscious Guy!

<Rauri> Directly Engage Brick
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 2+3=5
<Rauri> :x
Well lol that's not a great start. Marking potential!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Note to self - kicking solid stone, despite my awesome new powers, still really, really, really hurts!

Whatever freaky rock-power this Brick guy has, it acts fast - probably reflexive. No matter the specific mechanics, the basic points are that I did not manage to hurt him, I probably bruised by foot at the very least trying to, and turns out he's quicker with the counterpunch than I thought he'd be. Good thing I have to choose to transmit messages over this helmet, 'cuz the sound I made after that wasn't exactly the type of thing I'm going for with Red Fox's persona.

Rocketed towards some shipping containers with the force of his blast, I'd be in pretty big trouble if I didn't have awesome reflexes and superhuman agility... but since I've got those things, this is a piece of cake!

Got a 6 in irc earlier, so Red Fox doesn't actually suffer any consequences + marks potential.

Rather than impacting the shipping container, I land against it in a truly cool way, feet spread wide and utilizing my arms to help me stabilize against the container's side. Sort of a difficult thing to manage even with these impossible reflexes of mine, but looks like I pulled it off. I bet it looked badass too, which is a major plus for Red Fox. I mean... not quite as cool as Quixzot's ship, which I kinda spotted for a second while flipping backwards, but even still - everybody thinks ninjas are awesome, right? And that was a total ninja move just there.

Brick's got the bright idea to try and run off, which I can't blame him for. My first attack may not have worked, but I've got a pretty decent handle on how his power works now - I'm not making the same mistake again. And, making my life even easier, he promptly stumbles into one of the proximity smokebombs I dropped while I was dashing around earlier. They're keyed to the Knight's communicators now, though originally they were just designed to respond to this suit I stole. Since he's not wearing a communicator, it means the bomb goes off - and choking black smoke bursts forth instantly, blanketing our portion of the battlefield in a shroud.

Got a 9 on Dangerous Web, so creating an opportunity - Brick's been smokebombed, and won't be able to see for a bit.

Jumping from containter to container to catch up with where he is, I check in with the team real quick. "Nice one Quix - no one attack into the smoke, it's mine." Good thing I have super-senses and a stealthsuit with infared built into it, and he doesn't.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 10, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

There's a lot of advantages to being able to perceive possible threats - and the correct responses to them - in your head, but unfortunately specificity isn't always one of them. Is it someone's plan for me to attack this guy? Does he have some ace in the hole? Is there some unknown phase two to this fight? I just don't know yet - and since I'd rather not get punched again, I'm not going to just dart in and attack him now. Ughhhh, this is so frustrating. This is the perfect opportuni... wait a minute. Of course!

Doing a backflip over one of his punches, I doubt he can keep up his stone form for much longer - it definitely seems to have a short cooldown between uses. I may not be able to see him, but I've got a theory I wanna test. I bet if I concentrate hard enough I'll be able to push my danger sense further than I have before, which means goodbye enemy trap and hello Lauren victory. Er, Red Fox victory.

<Rawri> Unleash Danger Sense
<Rawri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rawri, 8 = 8
It's temporary, but whatever trap it is she might be triggering, she'll have Danger Senses going to help avoid it.

It's clear to me now. Definitely going to get a headache later because I'm hearing, seeing, feeling a LOT more than I usually do right now, it's like every element of the battle gets my full attention. No matter what the Dragons have prepared, I'll be ready for it - and from how loudly Brick's stomping around inside the smoke, it's easy to tell where he is. Looking around super quickly for something heavy but not too heavy, it seems the best option is a barrel full of scrap metal. Plan is to hit this guy in the chest with it after his stone form drops, and hopefully he only breaks a rib or two at max - I don't want to kill anybody, just take him out of the fight.

Dashing over to the barrel and hefting it with one arm, I jump as high as I can overhead, briefly casting a shadow across a portion of the battlefield as I block the lights from Quix's ship. The very instant my danger sense alerts me that he's less of a threat - that his power's cooling down, in other words - I fling the barrel his way.

<Rawri> Directly Engage
<Rawri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rawri, 8 + 3 = 11
Avoiding counterattack, and intimidating opponent.

Landing atop a crane about thirty feet from his presumably-prone body, I call back to him over my shoulder. "If you're still conscious, Stay. Down. Next time I'm using something a lot heavier." Geez, I don't mean that - like I said I don't want to hurt him too bad - but if it stops him from fighting, it's all for the best. Now I just gotta go help my teammates out!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 16, 2016

• Locked thread