Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane +0
Doom: [_] [_] [_] [_] [_]

+Okay guys, I don't hear any distress, but keep me appraised of your locations. If things really heat up -and I'm not saying they will - retreat towards the red HYK Industries crane. Copy?+

I look up at the crane a dozen yards away from me. A big landmark should work, right? drat it, we're all scattered across the docks at random, and between trying to keep an eye on Showstopper, seeing how Viscosity's doing so I can figure out what she should be doing in the future, and maintaining some semblance of open and clear communication, it's getting very, very difficult to keep plucking flying bricks, boxes, and the occasional bullet out of the air as I wade through the air a few stories above the ground. I wanted a good supervisory position, okay? And nothing's gone wrong so far. That's all I can promise. They chose me, and they won't get hurt before I do.

But in the back of my mind, I'm worried about how this started. This is a huge-scale conflict, not some randoms stumbling into the wrong turf and making a fighting retreat. It seems engineered, somehow. Especially since this one Dragons member is currently spider-climbing up the side of the crane to take me out specifically. I start peeling her fingers off of the metal with my mind, ready to slow her inevitable fall with more telekinesis.

Directly engaging.
Jolinaxas !r 2d6+1
Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 7+1 = 8. I'll resist/avoid the incoming blow..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Honestly, as long as this Dragon's busy, I could care less about taking her down. A stance immediately justified as All-American Girl, in the span of about ten seconds, manages to both pick a fight with a team member and be so busy doing so that she doesn't think to adjust her descent strategy until it's far too late.

+AAG, heads up!+

Ignoring the distraction of the Dragon currently making her way back up the crane, I reach out with the force of my mind, but at this distance ensuring her descent will be tough, requiring most of my concentration. But I said I wouldn't let anyone get hurt, right?

Jolinaxas Unsure whether this is Defend Someone or Unleashing to reshape environment. If the latter, subtract 1.
Jolinaxas !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 5+2 = 7
If it's Defend, I'll expose myself to danger and add a Team to the pool.
If it's Unleash, I'll apparently have a team spent on it, as seen below :)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 12, 2016

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

I've only got a little bit of time to keep the team together before I've got to concentrate on the Dragon on the crane.

+Let's give them a narrow target, Showstopper. Guys, if you can make it, head towards the crane under me as soon as you can. If you're not currently engaged, help someone else clean up. Remember, this isn't a retreat. I'm just making sure one of us doesn't get jumped.+

You know, I may have spent a little more time than I should have. Where the hell did she go?

[09:32] Jolinaxas Directly Engaging
[09:32] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+1
[09:32] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 5+1 = 6
Marking potential.

• Locked thread