Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

AlphaKretin posted:

The start of Elevator Pitch is a lot less stressful if you immediately jump. Jumping is surprisingly powerful.

That's also how I handled the level where you start unarmed in the cage, I forget the name. It is definitely powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I didn't want to mention that, as its powerful enough that it might be a spoiler. The only thing that can beat a time wizard is a time wizard who can hold down that button.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 5: "We might not be the good guy here"

Next up is the finale. Will Danaru and I find the anime?

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
For a guy who thought that punching himself in the head was a good idea, you've got a pretty nice place.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Pfff, Cowboy Bebop. It had some great moments, but for me, it's Outlaw Star or bust.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

CirclMastr posted:

Next up is the finale. Will Danaru and I find the anime?

the ART folder is right there!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

The start of Elevator Pitch is a lot less stressful if you immediately jump. Jumping is surprisingly powerful.

I remembered this when I reached that level last night, but I forgot about any special aspects to jumping and instead just leaped over the shoulder of the guy right in front of me. It took a lot of tries, but I finally got it when I jumped into the exact right spot to let that red guy get shot by another, giving me just enough time to punch the other two out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blastinus posted:

For a guy who thought that punching himself in the head was a good idea, you've got a pretty nice place.

maybe compared to a trap house, and even then they usually at least have a mattress to sleep on

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also speaking of jumping, jumping is absolutely crucial to the last level of the game. I have yet to find any way to beat it without jumping like crazy away from everyone.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

Also speaking of jumping, jumping is absolutely crucial to the last level of the game. I have yet to find any way to beat it without jumping like crazy away from everyone.

I think the only time I remember jumping in this game is in the car level where it teaches it, so it is definitely possible to beat the last level without jumping.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 6: "You cheating bitch"

Holy poo poo a full-length episode! But is the LP actually over now?

No it's not, more stuff is coming.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Here is your new EULA. Enjoy.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm not sure that's enforceable

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
You can actually use the model's mirroring of your movement to run out of ammo on the last level which confuses the heck out of the game.

https://youtu.be/13kNjStdZOY

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Good job on a good LP!

Interesting fact about that ending, you don't have to kill the red guys one by one when in the core, you can kill one, look around for another guy and click on them, which will move you to kill them next. That way you can zig-zag your way through all the guys. It's pretty cool.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

No wonder there was an entire level of sovereign citizens.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I don't think they thought through the binary in the box. It's 60 bits, which doesn't even translate properly into bytes unless you take both the white and red box as pieces. Here's the hex separated by the five lines of 12 bits:

White - BD7 FEE 276 3FE C3F
Red - CA6 543 965 D61 303

Even paired properly into bytes, I'm fairly certain even without looking at an EBCDIC or ASCII translator that neither line means anything on its own even ignoring the last nibble. Only thing I can figure is a white/red mix that would be something like BC DA 76 F5 and so on, but even that's probably still nonsense at best. Even taking it as pieces of larger code (as the red bit looks like it might be?) makes little sense considering the individual bytes still would be weird and have to be handwaved away as some storage compression or new language.

EDIT: Ugh, I just thought of the possibility that it could be the bits that are supposed to be interwoven and gently caress doing that. It's probably still nonsense.

So it's contained but they have no way to delete it? Bullshit. Disconnect, burn the hardware, drop the remnants in acid, shoot the acid vat into the sun if you feel it necessary. If they're keeping it from propagating between hardware, you just need to destroy what the AI is on, and if they're not, then that is nowhere near "contained".

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It's probably threatening to torture them from the future if they do that. For more information, please refer to my gigaword fan fiction, Harry Potter and the Methods of Being a Time Shotgun Wizard.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This is not complete. I paused the video near the end of that text scroll and there was some bit about illuminati and pyramids.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

That's just what the Illuminati wants you to think, you fool!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Carbon dioxide posted:

This is not complete. I paused the video near the end of that text scroll and there was some bit about illuminati and pyramids.

I'm not sure where that EULA is at, but it's not the text from the "Do you want further information" prompt towards the end. I don't remember all of how it goes, but it does actually match up with what you are doing in the game and how the final level goes, even if there are a bunch of misspellings and text running right off the edge.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That throwing your gun to yourself maneuver on the train was one of the slickest things I've seen in a while. Also thank you for reminding me that Outlaw Star exists.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

C-Euro posted:

That throwing your gun to yourself maneuver on the train was one of the slickest things I've seen in a while. Also thank you for reminding me that Outlaw Star exists.

I hope we get some sick "throw a Katana at yourself" moves in the next video. Hopefully ones that don't end in your self-impalement.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
On a whim, I re-read the OP. Its contents did not disappoint.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 7: "Rules of nature motherfucker"

I made sure to fold this video a thousand times before posting it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You need a theme song? Because I have you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHXKQzewgs

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a katana who get cut by bullet

a shameful katana

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
There's actually a katana as early as the subway level, it's in a trash can on the end of the platform behind you. It's kind of a secret, there's a pop-up message for finding it and everything.

Here's another semi-secret: punch a red guy's gun at the exact moment he's firing it, and it'll backfire and kill him in one hit. You also will not eat the bullet to the face, unless you swing too late.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 8: "I'm clearly a very mature person"

Shades are now required in this thread.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Of course you're wearing shades, that's why the colours are darker! :eng101:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Here's a cool thing I did during this challenge. It's a very fun challenge.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

AlphaKretin posted:

Of course you're wearing shades, that's why the colours are darker! :eng101:

Makes sense to me.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
The problem with being so preoccupied trying to prevent a hard launch singularity is that you are left wide open to LP Convergence.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God bless you Fish Noise :allears:

Warren Waters
Feb 27, 2011
That is beautiful. Should have sent a poet.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So that explains the weird whiffs during the KATANAONLY challenge: I was just missing chokes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 9: "Oh poo poo somehow you died"

This Fourth of July, we celebrate our independence from our bodies, and also from using weapons.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Is it just me, or is the commentary audio really badly out of sync?

e: nevermind, it was on my end and it's better now.

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 4, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Tell me there will be a bonus doodleladoo supercut at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the crystal shattering effect looks absolutely fantastic in white

• Locked thread