Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Bank loan to get cultist journal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 12 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Combat

Daisy encounters the Wendigo!
    Sanity Check: Will = 4 vs 1 (4 4 6 6). No Sanity loss.
    Combat Check: Lore + Arcane Tome - 1= 6 vs 3 (1 1 2 2 2 6 Focus6). 1 Health loss. The Wendigo is defeated with no further ill effects. (Hunger: 3) Daisy spends a Sanity to gain a Clue from Storm of Spirits.
    Daisy protects herself with Flesh Ward. (Lore: 2 3 4 4 5 5 6)
Encounters

Diana Stanley

Gate: The Past posted:

Through the slits in the door, you see yourself as a small child, sitting up in bed. "Who's there?" asks a frightened voice. You try to calmly persuade your younger self that you're a friend. (Influence-1: 4) The child calms down, but eyes you suspiciously. "Listen carefully to what I say," you tell yourself. "It might save your life...". You may become Delayed to gain 2 Clues. Whether you do or not, close this Gate.

:cthulhu: That was one of the trap Gates: Influence-1 and Strength, and if you fail both you take six damage.
Jacqueline Fine

City Research posted:

The chief of police has allowed you to lead a raid on a suspected elder thing hideout. (Observation-1: 3 5) If you pass, you free a group of slaves chained in the basement; gain this Clue (3/6) and a random Ally.

Jacqueline gains the Mystic Bounty Hunter.
Daisy Walker

Wilderness Research posted:

There is an ancient tablet at the bottom of the ravine whose secrets you require. You look for a way down to retrieve it. (Observation: 3 3 Clue4) If you pass, you retrieve the tablet safely; gain this Clue (4/6).
Finn Edwards

City Research posted:

The mayor is speaking in codes, and you are convinced he is a target of mind control. (Lore-1: 3) If you fail, you misinterpret his warning; a Shoggoth ambushes you!

Sanity Check: Will + Enchanted Blade + Elder Sign = 4r1 vs 2 (1 4 6 6 r6). No Sanity loss.
Combat Check: Strength + Enchanted Blade + Hired Muscle = 5r1 vs 2 (1 3 4 5 5 r1). No Health loss.
Mark Harrigan

Sea Research posted:

You've met Captain Douglas aboard his ship in the hopes that he can provide new information on the elder things. (Influence: 3 5) If you pass, he tells you what he knows; gain this Clue (5/6).
Agnes Baker

Wastes Research posted:

You see time turn back and forth across millennia. You watch how the elder things have evolved. (Observation: 2 4 Lantern4 Clue-William Dyer) If you pass, you see them grow less sophisticated over time; gain this Clue (6/6).

Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4+2, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1+1 - 7/7 Health, 4/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1+1, Will 3+1 - 3/4 Health, 6/8 Sanity - 3 Clues, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3+1, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 3/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 5/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Mark Harrigan (Some Numbers) - Lore 1, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4, Will 4 - 8/8 Health, 4/4 Sanity - 0 Clues, 1 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 3 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane, died from a leg injury.
Mystery: Complete Research Encounters, spending the clue gained to place it on this card. Progress: 2/6.
Elder Thing Rule: After resolving a Gate encounter, an investigator may choose to move to the Plateau of Leng.
Gates:
    1 Green: Tunguska
    4 Red: Arkham, Amazon, Sydney, Plateau of Leng

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 12 - MYTHOS PHASE

A Mythos card is drawn. 6 Mythos cards remain. (2 green, 3 yellow, 1 blue)

Mythos posted:

Driven to Madness - Yellow (Omen, Reckoning, Gate)

There was a time you took comfort in the company of others, but no longer. You have sacrificed so much for them. Are the desperate masses even worth saving? Can the human race ever hope to earn its redemption?

Each investigator may discard any number of Ally assets, then loses 1 Sanity for each Ally asset he has. Each investigator that loses Sanity in this manner gains a Madness condition.
The Omen moves on to Blue. Doom does not advance.
There is a Reckoning.

Reckoning posted:

The Serpent People are dormant. (Serpent People: 3)
Diana's Debt matures, but it isn't relevant.
Jacqueline's Debt matures, but it isn't relevant, because we're just here for...
Diana's Dark Pact...

... does not fire. (Dark Pact: 2)
Two Gates spawn, but no-one cares, and everyone releases their Allies to avoid any damage.

The fourth Mystery is solved: the investigators win!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Wow. That was close. Thanks for running the game Stelas.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Well hot drat. We somehow pulled it off. That's Eldritch Horror for you.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Nice!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks to all my players for a very smooth game - EH in a month ain't bad, especially when I'm rusty on it and especially when it's the longest Elder One out there. So far, I'm batting 16/18 games completed, which ain't bad. Up next is... I'm not really sure. I've got Chaos in the Old World just lying around. Maybe I'll try for another game of Clash of Cultures:Civs. Alternatively I'm very slightly flirting with the idea of doing Pandemic Legacy, but ... that would be one hell of an undertaking.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for running this. I can't believe we pulled off a win after that explosion of bad luck midgame. Don't take Dark Pacts for +1 stat!!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Yeah, this has been a great experience. Thanks for running it for us, Stelas!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh wow, we won!

Good work team!

And yeah, thanks Stelas for running another game. You did a great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Woo! Take that, old people.

• Locked thread