Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
We should probably stick around in Tokyo and try to get an encounter that clears the Dhole and/or Star Spawn. Both of those are Big Problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
In that case, I return to my original query: who needs actions?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: 1) Take a boat ticket
2) Move to space 2
Encounter: Try to clear out the rumor

I don't really have anything I could spend a third action on.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2+1, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Old Journal - Unique Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Blessed - Boon - 4s count as successes.
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: Ignore monster's Toughness requirement
  • Blessing of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: ??? 3+: No effect
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore, if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back/: 0: ???. 1: ???. 2+: No effect
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell

Another portal down, and some understanding gained. Her new companion dashed off across the world to close another portal, perhaps she'd need some help.

Actions:
Blessing of Isis: 5 dice, targeting Diana (before she moves)
Rest: Up to 6 Sanity.
--Banishment: 8 dice, Targeting Buenos Aires. Target Preference: 5-Doom thingie, 5-Other thingie, 3-thingie
--Arcane Tome: 4 dice to gain 1 Spell
Encounter: Rome encounter please.
Flesh Ward: 6 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can get two Ship Tickets?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
No one can repeat the same action twice. Not sure how that interacts with Charlie's thing though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Grab a Ship Ticket.
If anyone wants an Action, give them one. If not, Rest and try and kick my Leg Injury, I guess?

Tokyo Encounter.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

No one can repeat the same action twice. Not sure how that interacts with Charlie's thing though.

The wording is something like 'you can't do the same action twice in a turn' - doesn't matter where the action actually comes from.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

--Banishment: 8 dice, Targeting Buenos Aires. Target Preference: 5-Doom thingie, 5-Other thingie, 3-thingie

I don't believe this is a valid option. Banishment targets 'the nearest space containing a Gate' - which is Arkham, at 2 hops.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Stelas posted:

I don't believe this is a valid option. Banishment targets 'the nearest space containing a Gate' - which is Arkham, at 2 hops.

Good catch, I was looking for monsters. I'll use my new observation bonus to give another go at the Old Journal instead.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6 - ACTION PHASE CONT.

Daisy attempts to bless Diana. (Lore-1: 1 3 5 5 6) No additional effect, Diana becomes Blessed.
Jacqueline interrupts to check out the back of the card and gain a Clue.

Blessed: Light of Kthanid posted:

In your moment of need, the light of Kthanid shines down upon you, filling your heart with courage and hope. Retreat Doom by 1, then flip this card.
Daisy rests up, checking out her journals. (Lore: 1 3 6 6) She draws Storm of Spirits, and... (Observation: 1 2 6 r4)

Old Journal posted:

While reading the author's biography, you notice faint markings in the page's margins. You hold the pages close to the light, and the heat of the candle causes the writing to become clearly visible.

This is the map and the compass. Evil above, the Void below. Madness to the right, nightmare to the left. A King before, a Prince behind. If I escape from one side, I re-enter from another.

Gain 1 Spell and improve Lore, then discard this card.[/B]

Daisy draws Wither.
Finn bolts around the globe.
Charlie rests up (Leg Injury: 1) and grabs a ship ticket.
Agnes rests up and (Lore: 1 2 4 4 6 r3) draws Mists of Releh.
Diana grabs a Ship Ticket, then moves to Arkham. (You cannot move twice in a turn, but you can grab the ship ticket before moving then immediately spend it.)
Jacqueline grabs a Boat Ticket, then moves to 2.

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4+2, Observation 3+1, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 3 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1+1, Will 3+1 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Mystery: As an encounter, an investigator on Lake Camp may attempt to free the minds of the dominated humans; a Cultist monster ambushes them! If the investigator passes the Lore test, he may discard 1 Ally asset and spend 1 Clue to place an Eldritch token on this card. At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 6 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.
Rumour: As an encounter, an investigator on space 2 may use an ancient portal created by a long-dead wizard of Mu; he resolves a Gate Encounter. If the effect allows him to 'close this Gate', solve this Rumour instead. When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, advance Doom by 1 for each Gate on the board. On a Reckoning, remove 1 Eldritch token from this card.
Elder Thing Rule: After resolving a Gate encounter, an investigator may choose to move to the Plateau of Leng.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 6 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Daisy Walker

Rome posted:

Ever since arriving in Rome, you've had nightmares about being betrayed. You try to assure yourself that they are only dreams. (Will: 1 5 6) If you pass, the nightmare stops; improve Will.
Finn Edwards

Tokyo posted:

You hope to convince Goto Shinpei, the Minister of Home Affairs, that occult forces endanger Tokyo. (Influence: 2 3 3) If you fail, he sees you as a saboteur; gain a Detained condition.
Charlie Kane

Tokyo posted:

The Brotherhood of the Black Lotus has poisoned you! You fall into a coma and confront your greatest fears. (Will: 2 3) If you fail, the nightmares follow you into the waking world; gain a Hallucinations condition.
Agnes Baker

Alien Ritual posted:

Agnes reveals the Cultist to be a Witch Doctor. (Lore: 2 3 3 4 6 r4)
Diana Stanley

Lost Carcosa posted:

A strange-looking man named Wilde offers to repair your reputation in exchange for information. You may spend a Clue to resolve the pass effect. After turning down the offer, you find yourself the target of a smear campaign engineered by Wilde. You are certain that you command enough respect to resist his efforts. (Influence-1: 3) If you fail, people on the street openly glare at you; lose 1 Sanity and all Ally assets.
Jacqueline Fine

Fractured Reality: Lost Carcosa posted:

Turning the corner, you suddenly find yourself on stage. Other actors speak their dialogue and look at you expectantly. Someone offstage passes you a script, but the language is difficult to interpret. (Lore-1: 1 1 5) The audience applauds your performance and the curtain falls. Close this Gate. You consider sticking around for the second show in order to pick up details you missed last time; you may become Delayed to gain 2 Clues.

The Rumour is resolved!
Action Queue
- All: Clues, effects, etc.
- Agnes: Choose an Ally to toss.
- Jacqueline: Take the offer?

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4+2, Observation 3+1, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 3 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 2/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1+1, Will 3+1 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Mystery: As an encounter, an investigator on Lake Camp may attempt to free the minds of the dominated humans; a Cultist monster ambushes them! If the investigator passes the Lore test, he may discard 1 Ally asset and spend 1 Clue to place an Eldritch token on this card. At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 6 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.
Elder Thing Rule: After resolving a Gate encounter, an investigator may choose to move to the Plateau of Leng.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 17, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Did you forget to retreat Doom for the Light of Kthanid, or am I missing something?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

That effect will only be resolved if Diana gets Blessed again.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Ah, ok.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Encounter phase is updated, sorry.

Yeah, Jacqueline's static is that she can check out the back of condition cards as people get them, and leech Clues off that. 's why I didn't bold the card at all!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The clues are tempting, but I don't want to be stuck on a sea space in the middle of nowhere for a turn.
Jacqueline: Do not become delayed

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can I get rid of Leg Injury and Hallucinations with the same roll?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Can I get rid of Leg Injury and Hallucinations with the same roll?

Not the same roll, but you'll roll once per card whenever you rest.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dump the Witch Doctor.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Agnes discards a Clue and the Witch Doctor to advance the Mystery.

TURN 6 - MYTHOS PHASE

A Mythos card is drawn. 13 cards remain.

Mythos posted:

Wanderlust - :cthulhu: - Yellow (Omen, Reckoning, Gate)

Ever since you arrived here, you've felt the call of that other world. An entire land of wonders awaits you just past that threshold, and you find yourself unable to resist the temptation any longer.

Each investigator on a space containing a Gate tests Will-2. If they fail, they gain a Lost in Time and Space condition.
The Omen moves to Red. Doom advances twice due to Buenos Aires and Miskatonic Camp.
There is a Reckoning.

Reckoning posted:

The Shan destroys the clue on space 12.
The Dhole moves to space 8, and Diana is hit for 1 Health and 1 Sanity due to being adjacent to its new location.
Daisy interrupts to cast Flesh Ward. (Lore: 1 2 2 4 4 5 5) She prevents the Health loss, no additional effects.
The Star Spawn does not advance Doom. (3)
Daisy remains Blessed. (Blessed: 3)
Charlie's Leg Injury is playing up! (Strength: 2 2)

Leg Injury: Twisted Knee posted:

Your knee hurts and is not strong enough to hold your weight. Lose 2 Health unless you become Delayed, then keep this card.

:cthulhu: I'm going to assume he becomes Delayed, because...
Charlie's Hallucinations are getting the better of him! (Will: 1 4)

Hallucinations: Abducted posted:

Everyone told you the beings were a figment of your imagination. Now the creatures have come in your dreams to steal your soul away to another world. Gain a Lost in Space and Time condition, then discard this card.
Charlie's Dark Pact holds steady. (Dark Pact: 6)
Diana's Blessing holds steady. (Blessed: 6)
Jacqueline's Funding matures.

Funding: All In posted:

With so much money burning a hole in your pocket, you cannot resist the opportunity to double your winnings. You may roll 1 die. On a 4-6, gain any number of Assets from the reserve with total value 3 or less, then keep this card. On a 1-3, discard this card.

:cthulhu: With no Assets available, I assume Jacqueline opts not to take the wager.
Jacqueline's Dark Pact holds steady. (Dark Pact: 6)
The Reserve is open again.
Gates spawn on Tokyo (Blue, Vampire) and The Amazon (Red, Skeleton).
Finn feels the wanderlust and is Lost in Time and Space! (Will-2: 3)
Diana feels the wanderlust and is Lost in Time and Space! (Will-2: 2)

:cthulhu: That's hilarious. And here I thought you guys were on easy street. As for how this interacts with Finn's Detained - as I read it, LiTaS prevents any other cards from affecting or being affected by Finn, so Detained's restriction is not in effect, but Finn also doesn't have any way to get rid of it, so he'll keep it through his little adventure elsewhere. If there's an errata to confirm or deny this, I'd appreciate someone letting me know, cause I can't find it...

TURN 7 - ACTIONS PHASE

Action Queue
- Daisy, Agnes, Jacqueline: 2 actions.

Action Queue

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 1/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Enjoy!!!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

How does LiTaS work in this version?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

How does LiTaS work in this version?

You're removed from the board and nothing can affect you, but you get no actions in the action phase. In the encounter phase, your encounter is whatever's on the back of the card. Usually, this is a test that, if you pass it, you can choose where you reappear. Fail it and you return but bad poo poo can happen. (See: Jacqueline appearing delayed on a space with 3 monsters.)

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Yeah, there's no special interaction between LiTaS and Detained, it works just like you describe.

Delayed+LiTaS, though, I don't remember offhand how those work together, since delayed is a weird not-a-condition thing. Pretty sure that being delayed still wears off on the action phase while you're lost.

Also, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit what do we even do right now.

There's not a whole hell of a lot I CAN do right now. I can't kill the vampire to close the tokyo gate, can't take a travel ticket to get anywhere really useful. I probably have to go to SF and, I dunno, shop or something.

I don't see any way for Daisy to banish the vampire, can she?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tendales posted:

Delayed+LiTaS, though, I don't remember offhand how those work together, since delayed is a weird not-a-condition thing. Pretty sure that being delayed still wears off on the action phase while you're lost.

While hunting for errata and FFG quotes, I found one from an FFG staffer that confirms that delayed wears off. In essence, delayed prevents you from acting on the next turn's action phase. LiTaS takes you off the board for the same action phase.

Also, yeah, what a hilarious round. But I think you guys have been kinda on easy street thus far, time limit aside, and it's not like your Mystery progress will be particularly affected. The real issue is how long it'll take you guys to mulch through that Mystery given you have 2 left afterwards.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tendales posted:

I don't see any way for Daisy to banish the vampire, can she?

If she moves to Istanbul, then several gates are tied at 3 hops away from her, and thus it's her choice which she targets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Also the real problem is not so much that you're missing three people this turn - the back of LiTaS cards can really suck.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Personal Action for a spell and then I'll try using some Conjuration to plunder the reserve.

Encounter: Keep on trucking with the Mystery.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Oh, hey, I miscounted. I thought Istanbul-Tokyo was 4 spaces.

Jacqueline
So: if Daisy is willing+able to banish the vampire, I go hop in the tokyo gate before it makes doom and shop in Tokyo.
If Daisy would rather do something else, or fails the banishment, I'd rather move to SF and shop.

Either way, shopping will be 0: debt + lantern + amulet, 1: just the lantern, 2+: lantern + amulet (I'll tweak this if the reserve changes)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2+1, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Blessed - Boon - 4s count as successes.
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: Ignore monster's Toughness requirement
  • Blessing of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: ??? 3+: No effect
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore. if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1: ???. 2+: No effect
  • Wither - Incantation - In Combat, test Lore. If pass, gain +3 Str during the encounter. Then Flip. Back: ???
  • Storm of Spirits - Incantation - In Combat, test Lore instead of Str w/ same modifier. Then Flip. Back: ???
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell
  • Private Investigator - Ally - +1 Obs, reroll 1 die on Obs tests.

And then without warning, the vast empty space seemed slightly less empty, as she could feel three souls trapped within. Still, monsters lurked and must be stopped which meant...ugh. Going back to Istanbul.

Actions:
Move: To Istanbul not Constantinople
Rest: Up to 7 Sanity.
--Banishment: 8 dice, Targeting Tokyo.
--Arcane Tome: 5 dice to gain 1 Spell.
Encounter: City encounter please, I don't need to improve Influence.
Flesh Ward: 7 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 7 - ACTIONS PHASE CONT.

Daisy moves to Istanbul and rests up.
Daisy casts Banishment on Istanbul, forgetting that she actually has 9 dice on it now. (Lore+2: 1 1 2 3 3 5 6 6 6) The Vampire is successfully banished!

Banishment, 3+ successes posted:

The magic is powerful. Discard 1 Monster of your choice on that space regardless of its toughness instead.
Daisy can't think of a new spell, though. (Lore: 1 1 1 3 3)
Agnes can. (Lore-1: 1 2 4 6 r3) She draws Arcane Insight.
Agnes casts Conjuration. (Lore+1: 1 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 r1)

Conjuration, 2+ successes posted:

All of your wishes materialize before your eyes. You may gain any number of Item or Trinket assets from the reserve up to your test result.
Jacqueline moves to Tokyo and checks out the shops. (Influence: 3 5)

Action Queue
- Agnes: Spend 3 successes.
- Jacqueline: Spend 1 success.

Action Queue

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 1/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll grab the Lantern and the Spirit Dagger.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 7 - ACTIONS PHASE CONT.

The reserve refreshes.

Action Queue
- Jacqueline: Spend 1 success.

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacquie will take a debt and the carbine rifle. That's some good shootin'.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 7 - ACTION PHASE CONT.

Jacqueline is packing heat.

TURN 7 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Daisy Walker

Generic Town posted:

A group of intimidating Syndicate members demand you pay them for protection. You offer the well-dressed men what you can afford. (Influence: 1 3 6) No further effect.
Finn Edwards

Lost in Time and Space: Replaced By Another posted:

In the space between worlds, you encounter a being that can change in shape. The creature seems fascinated with you and asks you countless questions. (Influence-1: 1 4) If you fail, spawn 1 Gate and spawn the Doppelganger Epic Monster on that space, then place your investigator token on a random space. Then, discard this card.

A Gate spawns in Sydney (Red, Zombie, Doppelganger)
Finn appears on space 1.
Charlie Kane

Lost in Time and Space: Strange Worlds posted:

You wander from one strange world to another, always at the edge of existence. You believe it is possible to open a portal that can return you to the real world. (Lore-1: 4) If you fail, spawn 1 Gate and place your investigator on that space, then encounter that Gate. Then, discard this card.

A Gate spawns in London (Blue, Cultist)

Gate: The Dreamlands posted:

In the cavern of flame, the bearded priests Nasht and Kaman-Ihah warn you that it is too dangerous to continue. You insist that you possess the knowledge you need and are resolved to enter the Dreamlands. (Will-1: 6) After gaining access to the Dreamlands, you find yourself fighting moonbeasts on a black galley sailing to the moon. (Strength: 2 5) If you pass, you steal their treasure and are able to barter with it; close this Gate.
Agnes Baker

Alien Ritual posted:

Agnes reveals the Cultist to be a Vatican Missionary. (Lore-1: 3 4 5 6 r3)
Diana Stanley

Lost in Time and Space: Guide from the Void posted:

The silhouette of a man towers before you, standing behind a veil of shimmering stars. You hear the being's voice in your mind, offering an escape from this emptiness. You may gain a Dark Pact condition to place your investigator token on a space of your choice. If you do not, spawn 1 Gate, place your Investigator token on that space, and advance the Omen by 1.
Jacqueline Fine

Gate: The Dreamlands posted:

You are strictly admonished that in the City of Ulthar, no man may kill a cat. As a result, you see the city is filled with cats. If you know the language, you can communicate with these highly intelligent creatures. (Lore: 2 2 2 6) The cats are pleased to chat and share useful secrets. Gain 2 Clues. When the topic of food is brought up, dozens of cats take an interest. A crowd of hungry felines surround you. Become Delayed unless you spend 1 Health. If you do spend the Health, you feed the cats your rations and go hungry yourself; close this Gate.

Action Queue
- Agnes: Toss an Ally to the ritual.
- Diana: Take the deal?
- Jacqueline: Feed the cats? (This cannot be Flesh Warded.)

Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1+1, Will 3+1 - 4/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 3 Clues, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So... something seems to be a little up with the Vassal module that I'm using to track this game. I think some of the automatic coding is breaking a little due to the lack of cards available and some cards are getting repeated sooner than they should. (Diana's LiTaS card was the same as Jacqueline's on Turn 2, for instance, when there are definitely more in the deck, and the game was briefly insistent that Agnes should be drawing the Witch Doctor again when there were Allies still in the deck.)

I don't think this will be a problem, per se - I'll watch out for the most important repeats but I don't think it's affecting Gates, Clues, or the Reserve, and it definitely isn't affecting Mythos or Encounters. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the fact that there are only 4 allies left in the asset deck, and we just drew 3 out of the 4 LiTaS cards available.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 19, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll drop the Research Student.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

1 sanity and a dark pact sounds great.

Not sure what space I should go to? City of elder things to scoop the clue?
Pretty sure I can't deal with the monsters on Buenos Aires by myself.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can I Acquire Assets with a Monster on my space?

• Locked thread