Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should the Cena/New Day alliance be called?
Rappad-O's
The 8-Bit Bros
GI Joe & My Little Pony Unicorns
The White Guy is The Rapper
View Results

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bring back WarGames and have it between Raw and Smackdown for... something. Just bring back WarGames

I find it strange that when Bischoff introduced the Elimination Chamber as having elements of Wargames, they still never used the EC that way to make it a team-based fight. They had a perfect opportunity that time The Shield vs Wyatt Family happened at an Elimination Chamber PPV, but they didn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sticklefifer posted:

I find it strange that when Bischoff introduced the Elimination Chamber as having elements of Wargames, they still never used the EC that way to make it a team-based fight. They had a perfect opportunity that time The Shield vs Wyatt Family happened at an Elimination Chamber PPV, but they didn't do it.

The random nature of the pod openings make it fundamentally better suited to Free-For-Alls. You could change the rules to have people release in War Games order, but then it wouldn't be the same match really.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I just want Halloween Havok back. Who cares about the rest.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

The random nature of the pod openings make it fundamentally better suited to Free-For-Alls. You could change the rules to have people release in War Games order, but then it wouldn't be the same match really.

You could even still do it randomly even if it were a team-based match.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

sticklefifer posted:

You could even still do it randomly even if it were a team-based match.

I guess, but I feel like that would come across as super contrived, like when tag teams just happen to be seperated by two or fewer numbers in the Royal Rumble. Sometimes it works, but most of the time you can't help but be like "Oh, so THIS is how it is huh?"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Solus posted:

John Cena went all bug eyed and shocked at the buried comment and I want to give him a hug and say that not all of us hate him and the champ is here. In our hearts.

i'll live

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/742313126876577792

https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/742292094384001024

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Another for Batista's collection

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've been working on an article where I rank every Money in the Bank winner from worst to best, factoring in their in-match performance, their run as Mr. Money in the Bank, the cash-in and the aftermath. By rewatching them and focusing on the winners, I've realized that even though they're fun spotfests, they're still kind of bullshit, empty matches.

At most, one guy will get over. In the Royal Rumble, you can lose the match and still come out looking like a star by lasting to the end, lasting an hour, eliminating a bunch of guys, eliminating someone major, etc. You can't really do that in Money in the Bank. The best you can hope for is doing something cool and then immediately losing your momentum because that's how the match works.

Even the winner usually doesn't get to look good, even without counting the constant losing that comes with holding the briefcase. More often then not, they do the minimal amount of in-ring work so that they can vanish for 5-10 minutes and return during the final minute when everyone's forgotten they exist. The worst offenders of this are Edge, Kennedy, Sandow and Orton.

I've also noticed that the last three Money in the Bank matches have the exact same endings. A top face will be totally about to win the match only for a non-participant to show up and lay them out so someone else can win. The 2013 match even did it twice!

Anyway, the absolute worst winners on the list ended up being Sandow, Kennedy and Swagger. Swagger's cash-in at least made perfect sense while going against conventions.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

I've been working on an article where I rank every Money in the Bank winner from worst to best, factoring in their in-match performance, their run as Mr. Money in the Bank, the cash-in and the aftermath. By rewatching them and focusing on the winners, I've realized that even though they're fun spotfests, they're still kind of bullshit, empty matches.

At most, one guy will get over. In the Royal Rumble, you can lose the match and still come out looking like a star by lasting to the end, lasting an hour, eliminating a bunch of guys, eliminating someone major, etc. You can't really do that in Money in the Bank. The best you can hope for is doing something cool and then immediately losing your momentum because that's how the match works.

Even the winner usually doesn't get to look good, even without counting the constant losing that comes with holding the briefcase. More often then not, they do the minimal amount of in-ring work so that they can vanish for 5-10 minutes and return during the final minute when everyone's forgotten they exist. The worst offenders of this are Edge, Kennedy, Sandow and Orton.

I've also noticed that the last three Money in the Bank matches have the exact same endings. A top face will be totally about to win the match only for a non-participant to show up and lay them out so someone else can win. The 2013 match even did it twice!

Anyway, the absolute worst winners on the list ended up being Sandow, Kennedy and Swagger. Swagger's cash-in at least made perfect sense while going against conventions.

where's Kane

his run didnt even last a day.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's 2016 and Zack Ryder has a new shirt.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

exploding mummy posted:

where's Kane

His run lasted about an hour. It was perfect.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

exploding mummy posted:

where's Kane

Yeah, Kane is so efficient. He should be number one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shima Honnou posted:

It's 2016 and Zack Ryder has a new shirt.

its 2016 and zack ryder had a championship

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I find it hard to even imagine rankins for MITB winners aside from Edge being the obvious #1, Punk being the obvious #2 and it being a tossup between Bryan and Rollins for #3 and #4. Orton got a long run out of his cashin but it was pretty hit-or-miss and was only salvaged by the Great Daniel Bryan Capitualtion. Ziggler and RVD had their poo poo ruined by external forces, Cena had a great match out of it but it was not even a cuppa coffee so how do you rank that, and everyone else was a dismal failure.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Money in the Bank is bad and should be replaced by War Games

better yet, as soon as someone cashes in the briefcase, a War Games match starts

edit:

MITB matches should be qualifiers for War Games entrants

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 13, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
More like BORE games.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

its 2016 and zack ryder had a championship

It's 2016, Zack Ryder has a T-Shirt and won a championship. At Wrestlemania.

I'm still waiting for him to get a 1 day world title reign on Smackdown, so he can be a Grand Slam champion.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sanguinia posted:

I find it hard to even imagine rankins for MITB winners aside from Edge being the obvious #1, Punk being the obvious #2 and it being a tossup between Bryan and Rollins for #3 and #4.

Like I said, I factor in the actual performances in the MitB matches. Edge was barely in his and did little more than take a T-bone suplex off a ladder and hit a burst of spears. Fine if you want to say he was being an opportunist, but bad for selling the point of the match.

With Bryan, it helped bring him to the next level in the end, but he still went through several months straight-up losing 90% of the time while Cole kept screaming about what a worthless nerd he is.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

I find it hard to even imagine rankins for MITB winners aside from Edge being the obvious #1, Punk being the obvious #2 and it being a tossup between Bryan and Rollins for #3 and #4. Orton got a long run out of his cashin but it was pretty hit-or-miss and was only salvaged by the Great Daniel Bryan Capitualtion. Ziggler and RVD had their poo poo ruined by external forces, Cena had a great match out of it but it was not even a cuppa coffee so how do you rank that, and everyone else was a dismal failure.

That was the run where Orton got pinned clean by Kofi Kingston, who was a Zack Ryder-level jobber at the time. Orton's run was pretty much utter garbage except for EC and WM matches.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RVD's run was ruined by RVD. That's about as little of 'outside forces' as it gets.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Great White Hope posted:

RVD's run was ruined by RVD. That's about as little of 'outside forces' as it gets.

Outside of booking

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

Outside of booking

I'm pretty sure him getting booked for possession was why he lost it dude

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

exploding mummy posted:

I'm pretty sure him getting booked for possession was why he lost it dude

:rimshot:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Nothing Raw can do tonight that will get me from the incredible high from last night because after 7 long and frustrating and seemingly hopeless years, the Penguins have won the Cup underneath the leadership Sidney "Hockeytron 5000" Crosby
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/742386924539678720

Also Red Dead Redemption 2 might get announced today at one of the Microsoft or Sony conferences.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yes to both :woop:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Hell yes to both :woop:
I really think the modular side plates are the best part of that title

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Were they just like "Hey can you make Pittsburgh and San Jose plates just in case" or do they seriously knock those out in under 12 hours?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

If they use a laser cutter it's probably just a coupla hours cycle

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Endless Mike posted:

Were they just like "Hey can you make Pittsburgh and San Jose plates just in case" or do they seriously knock those out in under 12 hours?

Neither would surprise me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Last night I had a dream that Kevin Owens was my friend.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sounds like a bad dream

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Sounds like a bad dream

I was a lovely indie wrestler (in the dream) so it definitely wasn't a good one. Pretty entertaining anyway.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Beautiful Ninja posted:

It's 2016, Zack Ryder has a T-Shirt and won a championship. At Wrestlemania.

I'm still waiting for him to get a 1 day world title reign on Smackdown, so he can be a Grand Slam champion.

In 20 years we are going to be talking about Hall of Famer Zack Ryder and what he meant to all of us.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

achillesforever6 posted:

Nothing Raw can do tonight that will get me from the incredible high from last night because after 7 long and frustrating and seemingly hopeless years, the Penguins have won the Cup underneath the leadership Sidney "Hockeytron 5000" Crosby

Wow, 7 whole years without winning a Stanley Cup, must have been a real nightmare.

I'll just go back to California and weep now.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait so we're really getting two PPVS a month? How the hell are they going to fill up a 3 hour PPV twice a month with half of the roster?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/742386924539678720

Also Red Dead Redemption 2 might get announced today at one of the Microsoft or Sony conferences.

oh no 7 years between championships :qq:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
can we detour wrestlechat for a couple pages so everyone can give the pittsburgh fan poo poo for being a sore winner

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

keevo posted:

Wait so we're really getting two PPVS a month? How the hell are they going to fill up a 3 hour PPV twice a month with half of the roster?

The current rumor is that the added PPVs will be 2-hour network specials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

I dunno, there was a few months long angle where Cody got over because he was about to win and Sandow betrayed him, and Cody stole the briefcase and threw it in the water. That was pretty cool, even if nothing ever came of it (aside from a fancy new briefcase).

• Locked thread