Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

getting a 1 tap kill in counter strike.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

1 deags more specifically, nothing better than wrecking some noobs while your on eco with a perfect long range tap

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pretty much any takedown in burnout is awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm almost positive this is already in the list but takedowns in Burnout 3, since I started playing that game again last night

i posted that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I kept playing the chicago level over and over so I could do the one where you push them into the steel pillars in the middle of the street. Also, anytime you can push enemies up a divider and they launch 100 ft in the air for no reason...goddamn!

yes! this!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's genius that they put the slow motion button the same as the boost button so when you inevitably slam into a 2ton semi truck at 240mph and crumple into a twisted mass of explosive steel, you are always seeing it in insane slow motion

when you crash while you're in the lead and you manage to aftertouch takedown every car that tries to over take you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I like that burnout 3 has a boost meter even though 15 seconds into every event it's maxed out and doesn't ever seem to go down lol

it goes down if you drive like a pussy. its there entirely to make you drive against traffic and check cars lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

firing the bfg for the first time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when a slime gets back up and asks to join your party

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres a reverse goomba stomp, getting blue shelled when you're in second place

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

shooting a bosses glowing core in contra

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also it was silly when i was watching the quick look of it and dan just gracefully zips around zombies doing little loops

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kenji Eno's cult classic D was recently released on GOG so I am going to play through it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's a game with a static timer and you have 2 hours to beat the game and my first attempt I failed after a lot of fumbling. And then on my second attempt I found out I was like 2 rooms from the finale lol.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plutonis posted:

You know, those leaf things on birds. The ones you pluck before cooking them.

this is clearly a troll

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when you and your buddies own someone for not using a mic constantly for 40 minutes in a game of csgo and all of a sudden their rage filled voice explodes into the server in the final round

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

activating your ability at the perfect moment to do double damage and beat a stacked opponent in quake champions

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

- strafe jumping in Quake 3 Arena*
- rocket boosting in Q1

[theoretical goomba Stomp, as I havent actually experienced it yet. The youtube videos look cool as hell tho]

Strafe-jumping is a technique used to increase a player's speed in computer games based on the Quake engine. The technique is common in Quake II, Quake III Arena, Quake 4, QuakeLive, OpenArena, CodeRED: Alien Arena, Nexuiz, Xonotic, Cube, Jedi Knight II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Soldier of Fortune II, Doom 3, Warsow, Digital Paintball 2, Call Of Duty, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Tremulous, Unvanquished, Reflex, Counter-Strike, Titanfall and Titanfall 2.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i feel like theyre confused strafe jumping with bunnyhopping in that wikipedia article but the difference is not holding forward in certain games so whatever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

running faster than a rocket in doom

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

- Leveling up one of your runes in Doom and unlocking epic new powers

- Collecting bestiary entries in Doom and discovering more of the lore

- When your 50GB patch for Doom adding cool new stuff to the multiplayer mode for season pass holders finishes downloading and you can play again

none of those things are in doom

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

there is only one game called doom

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Actually, the new game based on it is also called DOOM.

ive been calling it retard 4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Actually he jumped over the attack. You're the goomba stompee.

it feels bad to waste a bar to a missed super you goddamn noob

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

actually, it's on there.

said by you, actually

thats a goonba stomp

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

If somebody ever said to me that Sonic CD was the greatest game ever made I'd place them under citizens arrest and immediately call Homeland Security

thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cobweb Heart posted:

That moment in Baroque when you fling two worthless Atonement swords to the Cursebringer Angel on the even levels while being chased point-blank by a huge fuckoff hrode of Large Bullgers and Gliros, then grabbing the Music Box it tosses back and stepping into the stategically adjacent portal :whatup:

- walking over a Glue to squash it like a bitch without even needing to attack

- Evolving your gaming skills to kill them in midair to farm their rare Idea Sephirah :wink:

- Summon Torturer + Lightning Torturer or Fire Breath Brand = Level Up City

i cant make any sense of this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

the combat is sooo satisfying, like a 2d nuclear throne. the devs also just released a content patch that fixed a lot of stuff people were complaining about and added a bunch of other cool poo poo for Synergy purposes. devs that listen to there community FTW

a bunch of good games have been destroyed by devs listening to the community as well

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

That's exactly what Strafe was supposed to be but I believe the game turned out to be butthole.

i believe it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I liked Tower of Guns more despite the completely baffling decision to only give you one weapon at a time. Quintuple jumping out of the level boundaries and finding hidden areas ftw

tower of guns would be 1000x better if it even had a 2 weapon loadout

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

i never get this goomba stomp because I just get annoyed when games do this.

mario does this and it's one of the finest platformers of all time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

breaking through the next cake wall in burrito bison

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

- Chain Shifting a minus on block normal in Vorpal State with maximum Grind Grid so you can try a new mix up and use all the newly converted EXS meter to enter Veil Off and pull out your Infinite Worth EXS in Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]

:stare:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

- Following a Prideful Gabagool into the Tension Zone and hearing dat music change :ohyeah:

- Getting an air Frenulum just before you hit Ground Twelve

- Standing over a crowd of Slovenly Praksises and grinning before tossing your last Greedy Football amongst them and watching the crowd go muthafuckin wild :catdrugs:

- Saving up your Taint-Forged Blades to trade to the Grossest Parappa........ :drat:

- Perfectly hopping across the Frightingale Floor in time with the enraged noises of the Floor Clown :honk:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont believe you listed that first one and and said games like dota and tf2 instead of when you first get the beserk pack in doom and a bunch of doors open to reveal imps in close range

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i was a fool to even game before achievements existed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hl2 demo?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

i hate gradius's stupid powerup system

it sucks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

Now imagine it with an Australian guy doing a fighting game announcer voice saying things like "Awesome..... Steam Explosion Break" while the words flash on the screen lol

thats every game i play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

- predicting that the other player will counter your super with theirs and intentionally aiming your shot into outer space to make them unable to reach the ball when you return it

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1003485273416593408

lol, awesome