Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

You could do a similar juggle into multiple bar breaks in Muramasa if you had the right swords equipped. It's fuckin sick and I can't wait to play the Odin Sphere remake now that its more like Muramasa.
I really enjoyed Muramasa. Never finished both routes though. Might replay it on Dolphin later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Iconic Clack is a Goomba stomp in its own right

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

that jet engine sound effect when you haymaker a guy in mgsv

It's the six million dollar man noise lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

shooting a Guardian right in the eye with an ancient arrow

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

firing 99% of the guns in nuclear throne
blowing up a sniper by melee'ing his shot back at him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

- Following a Prideful Gabagool into the Tension Zone and hearing dat music change :ohyeah:

- Getting an air Frenulum just before you hit Ground Twelve

- Standing over a crowd of Slovenly Praksises and grinning before tossing your last Greedy Football amongst them and watching the crowd go muthafuckin wild :catdrugs:

- Saving up your Taint-Forged Blades to trade to the Grossest Parappa........ :drat:

- Perfectly hopping across the Frightingale Floor in time with the enraged noises of the Floor Clown :honk:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played Ziggurat a few times and it was fun enough but I got to the end and didn't really feel any desire to play it again. Agreed that it's just a bit too slow-paced and the guns aren't satisfying enough. also you're supposed to be a badass wizard but instead of the upgrades giving you cool spells you just get like +5% gold ratio and +0.01 mana

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked Tower of Guns more despite the completely baffling decision to only give you one weapon at a time. Quintuple jumping out of the level boundaries and finding hidden areas ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

mario does this and it's one of the finest platformers of all time
Mario is so finely designed it's somehow never annoying though. in lesser platformers you basically just have to guess where the designers want you to point your dumbass character and hope you were right

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Liquid Drink posted:

Anti goomba stomp; finding a sword in dungeon you just bought at the shop for all of your gold
I really feel like vendor gear and dungeon gear should be mutually exclusive so this doesn't happen. Even an alternate version of the same thing with slightly different effects or something would soothe the pain 1000x

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Max Payne owns but I hope whoever designed those parts was never given a job again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

killing things in hyperlight drifter. causes this really short freezeframe and the death animations are really expressive, feels good when you're murdering a whole room and the action stops for just a split second each time you kill

Oh man I love this kind of thing. There's a cool looking brawler coming out soonish with the bad name Aztez and I love the dev blog because he just rambles about tiny details of combat and gameplay that make stuff fun and satisfying to play, he writes about that exact animation freeze thing here

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

effortlessly dashing + double jumping through the early area of a Metroidvania in like 15 seconds when backtracking with all the movement upgrades. I'm playing Hollow Knight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Re1 headshots

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A perfect ki pulse in nioh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

- timing a max level Driver Combo and max level Blade Combo at the perfect time so that the screen freezes, zooms in and explodes a comically large number out of an enemy in Xenoblade Chronicles 2

This is dadaist

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Now imagine it with an Australian guy doing a fighting game announcer voice saying things like "Awesome..... Steam Explosion Break" while the words flash on the screen lol
lmao. Tales games have finally met their match

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Every action in Mario Odyssey is a goomba stomp. This game is absurd.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pressing enter, crossing your fingers and killing an entire patrol with one perfectly set up shadow mode ambush in Shadow Tactics

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Getting a job and girlfriend are the two worst sins a gamer can ever commit.

I'm on a business trip all week and this is the week that DQ11 comes out and Destiny 2 actually becomes a good game... The lord is testing me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Doing the kettle of boiling water heat action on Kuze in Yakuza 0

Listing heat actions is cheating. They're all goomba stomps

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Air dashing in Celeste

I don't understand how they made the game's one move feel so good every single time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Basic bitch post because i just played it: getting a "viscy boy" on a boss or enemy hubter in Bloodborne

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Falcon knee

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

binding an enemy in astral chain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

I've heard it's a bit yikesey given the optics of a totalitarian police state using it's power to enslave those of a different race. I guess you're just a dirty bootlicker.
you use it to brutally subdue harmless graffiti artists and stuff lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to play any of the card/board games in Yakuza, especially Shogi, sends my brain deep into Frightingale Floor territory

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mikiri? I hardly knew 'er!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Nobody mentioned Hollow Knight this entire thread and this website will be gone within the month. Forgive me for doing what I must.
Would you say it was "bugging" you... HEH !! :grin:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Small Larry eating a tiny cream cheese calzone and drinking a tiny beer like those youtube videos of the freaks who make beautiful miniature meals for their hamsters

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Slamming my nuts in a car door repeatedly

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Dodging a knife guy perfectly in Arkham City and getting the special takedown. You can hold triangle and a direction to dodge safely. If instead you take the riskier option and time your dodges to each swing you get an automatic takedown in the final swing. Very satisfying to pull off especially on the “no counter indicator” challenges

It's a shame Arkham combat became the legal requirement for every third person action game to use for an entire console generation and got incredibly overused and boring as a result, because it was really fun in the actual Arkham games

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

making a beautiful spider creature in Sims 4

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

I remember mad max had the opposite problem of spiderman where Max felt properly heavy, but had no momentum so trying to reach certain enemies wouldn't register and you'd break your combo swinging at air

I couldn't really get on with that game at all but breaking out the shotgun in combat was a definite goomba stomp at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arkham Cory was banned from LF in 2007 after referencing his list of girls who wronged him one too many times in an increasingly disconcerting manner with fewer jokes every post