Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
WOWOWOW. IT'S THE BBQ SAUCE THREAD
bbq sauce is the world's best sauce. it combines all the flavors you want out of a sauce into one sauce: barbecue sauce. but don't take my word for it. check out these pics of different types of bbq sauce. what's your fav sauce? what do you put it on? :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i like spicy bbq sauce. you stupid fucks who like that dumb retarded sweet poo poo are stupid fucks who are dumb retarded poo poo.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

but is it BOLD?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VectorSigma posted:

but is it BOLD?

Hell YES it's bold!!!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I make my own barbecue sauce out of brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, and a little ghost pepper powder which I got off amazon. it's white trash as gently caress, who cares, it's barbecue sauce. you people from the south can tell me how wrong I am now since I used ketchup and not tomatoes that have been smoked for 36 hours

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I prefer Worcestershire sauce.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I will gladly be this threads bitch.
BBQ is my goto argument for why America is good and culturally rich.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Sweet baby Ray's. On everything. Or just drank straight from the bottle it's that good

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Seizure Robot posted:

Sweet baby Ray's. On everything. Or just drank straight from the bottle it's that good

i guess thats a good option if you love eating rear end

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Iron Prince posted:

i guess thats a good option if you love eating rear end

I do and you should too. What's wrong with you that you hate rear end?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
too sweet, man.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
You will die a dog's death, OP.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

padijun posted:

I make my own barbecue sauce out of brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, and a little ghost pepper powder which I got off amazon. it's white trash as gently caress, who cares, it's barbecue sauce. you people from the south can tell me how wrong I am now since I used ketchup and not tomatoes that have been smoked for 36 hours

That's totally acceptable (the ketchup part), but might I suggest adding a bit of orange juice and apple cider vinegar before you simmer it down. Also, cutting the ketchup with some applesauce adds a nice flavor, too.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

criscodisco posted:

That's totally acceptable (the ketchup part), but might I suggest adding a bit of orange juice and apple cider vinegar before you simmer it down. Also, cutting the ketchup with some applesauce adds a nice flavor, too.

these sound like excellent suggestions, thanks a bunch on the sauce tips

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Jack Stack sauce for fancy poo poo.

Gates for spicy.

KC masterpiece for everything else.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I like to mix powdered drugs like cocaine and ketamine with these medical flavoring powders that are used in children's medicine. Gives 'em a tangy, home-made flavor.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
op, put me down for Vinegar-based bbq sauce. most all variations own except anything out of the grocery

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I always go for the negro-eist looking sauce. Rufus makes a pretty good sauce for sure.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
garcon, i will have the op sauces & meats

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
might as well melt a snickers bar over your well done steak for as much sugar bbq sauce has in it

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

comes along bort posted:

might as well melt a snickers bar over your well done steak for as much sugar bbq sauce has in it

Yeah but putting barbecue sauce on a steak is low rent already, unless it's steak and eggs.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*me thinmking about posting in this thread then deciding not to*

http://i.imgur.com/9xCV5v1.gifv

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The base of any BBQ sauce is a tasty sweetener, I recommend date honey.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Seizure Robot posted:

This was recently brought into my life and I can now live.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Try using smoked paprika instead of liquid smoke essence, see which you prefer!

If you are making a kosher sauce, use soy sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mustard has no place in a bbq sauce

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mustard paste sure, but you can get away with a little mustard seed powder.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

:eyepop:
holy wow, there's more than one bbq sauce flavour?!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tace Vim posted:

:eyepop:
holy wow, there's more than one bbq sauce flavour?!

ketchup and sweet and spicy

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

this has been my entire bbq sauce experience

I feel like a whole new world has opened up before me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I like to complement the sweet and sour BBQ sauce with a nice Aioli ,or mayo ground with dried thyme, basil and parsley herbs to a nice green consistency.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Mustard paste sure, but you can get away with a little mustard seed powder.

Yeah, I usually put a few pinches of mustard seed powder in mine, but something like French's overpowers anything you add it to.

I haven't used date honey like a previous poster suggested, but I've had a lot of success with cutting a lot of brown sugar out and replacing it with regular honey or cayenne honey, and adding just a tablespoon or so of molasses to replace that brown sugar flavor everyone is used to.

Also, speaking of honey, don't get it at the grocery. It's crazy overpriced. The aforementioned cayenne honey I get at Trader Joe's, because it's a huge tub for like $7. Regular honey, though, you can find grown locally almost anywhere if you look.

I get a 1 gallon jar for $5 from a local producer here in Ohio.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Which type of honey do you use? Here in Israel you have to make an effort to find anything other than the plain mixed wildflower kind.
I had tasted some nice avocado flower honey but the flavour wasn't pronounced enough for an acidic sauce.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Which type of honey do you use? Here in Israel you have to make an effort to find anything other than the plain mixed wildflower kind.
I had tasted some nice avocado flower honey but the flavour wasn't pronounced enough for an acidic sauce.

Like I said before, cayenne honey is great because it adds another layer of heat, but otherwise regular wildflower honey is good just to replace some of the brown sugar. A long drizzle of honey is great in a nice Italian tomato sauce, too, if you're looking to add sweetness.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of dates, how do you coots feel about HP? I made a p credible knock off recently

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

HP is terrific for the morning after's breakfast, so if you got the flavour just right more power to you:burger:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Lol if you buy store bbq sauce (sooo sweet) and don't thin it out with a bunch of cider vinegar

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Mustard based sauces are king and death comes swiftly to all dissenters.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
barbecue sauce is for children op. :\

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

vug posted:

barbecue sauce is for children op. :\

No it's for cooking imo

• Locked thread