Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Re: The AI having crazy movement.

I've seen the AI move in from just about offscreen, attack + sack a town and then move off screen again. The other way the AI "cheats" is that is knows exactly the distance it needs to be not to get counter attacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZearothK posted:

If you hover your mouse over an enemy army you too will have access to this cheat.

Except you don't know where all the enemy units are, or where unguarded cities are, etc. The AI certainly does have access to some of this information.

Rygar201 posted:

Lots of people are really butt hurt about misunderstanding the stance system.

Total War players :downs:

The AI gets bonuses I don't get? Bad design!

The AI intelligently uses the same system I do? Bad design!

So what you're tell me is I should be able to March stance up to a city, swap stances, attack city, swap stances again and warp out? Because that is certainly what I see the AI do somewhat frequently.

I routinely swap stances once, say when I'm in normal stance, was close to a city or enemy stack attacked it and then swapped to march stance.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alchenar posted:

yes, Yes, YES, YES!

:circlefap::hf::circlefap:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Making an entire army of GoreBulls and Minotaurs sure is a thing. :black101: :killdozer:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fnordcircle posted:

Yeah I went from raging out like a child to it almost being too easy once I got the hang of how to avoid big fights with beastmen.

Are there any mods that significantly change the horde mechanics so you can conquer/build? gently caress the lore, I want to have beastmen painting the map.

Pretty sure the conquer anywhere mod just updated to allow for beastmen.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fnordcircle posted:

Ah loving badass, I though that was only applicable to races that could already conquer.

There's one called Conquer Anywhere - Beastmen Edition :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who the gently caress cares about bad game Overwatch. Totalwar is easily worth the base price seeing that it's the best TW game to date by a fairly large margin. The DLC stuff is not required and not something you'd want to get into until you have the base game figured out.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

them saying it in advance doesn't make the bretonnians not feel incomplete? Like I enjoy the game too but the guy said 'it's not like the game is incomplete' and I pointed out an element of the game that feels incomplete.

They haven't been released yet... :derp:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Can you morons take your slap fight somewhere else.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I'm sorry that you feel obligated to point out everything that doesn't conform to your values completely. People like you are why Trump won.

Especially you. :fuckoff:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo that LL on the eagle! Some amazing attack animations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Has anyone managed to confederate mousillon as vc? I've got them at 90 approval but they just wont bite, lmao

I did.

As the Wood Elves :haw: :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gonkish posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6wfx44/til_use_j_to_supercharge_your_cyclecharging/

I just learned two things. There's a keybind (default is J) for "about face" (turn 180 degrees), and if you use it on cavalry it makes them pull out of combat, run ~30 yards away, and turn back around ready to charge again.

There's literally a hotkey to cycle charge? How did I miss this in all my time in total war?

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dead comedy forums posted:

I just want to say the guy who discovered the J hotkey tip is an amazing human being and I hope he gets to have a nice, happy and fulfilling life

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
As Welves I just straight up murder all the other Welve factions. Ain't nobody got time for confederation. Then I work on the +diplo research trees to get in good with everyone else, sometimes murdering the rear end in a top hat directly west of your start.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Mod chat

I'm a fan of Crynsos's mod instant quest items since some times those quests get repetitive this far out in the games life
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810229378

just found out he has an instant monster hunting mod as well so that you only have to do the fight, none of the recruit / raiding / moving part
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110660391

These are great QoL mods. Also, you're a dirty, cheating whore.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boon posted:

So Norsca pretty much exist as a hard counter to Wood Elves - everything in their lineup is designed to gently caress the wood elves up.

You can also build very good armies for abusing auto resolve with them as well, with the Welves being the worst faction for auto resolve.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

all sneak army all the time

sneaky sneaky stab stab

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Total Biscuit is streaming some Skaven gameplay this weekend if you hate yourself enough to tune in.

Why couldn't they let someone good stream it? Like milkandcookiestw guy (indie whatshisface) or Turin or something. You know, people who can actually do a cast really well, even on the fly.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nanomashoes posted:

That's because Canadians aren't sorry about the genocide they did.

:allbuttons:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordja posted:

Canada is basically The Purge except we call it "Victoria Day"

Little known fact here. It's the only way we can be nice 364 days of the year.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jum-Jum posted:

I don't understand the point of playing on legendary and then playing cheesy broken strategies that the AI can't handle. Places his army at the very corner of the siege battle. Manually fired his siege weapon on one tower for like 3 minutes, then he moved his artillery in front to kill one unit behind the walls. Then he moved all his archers one at the time until they exhausted all their ammo and killed units on the wall. All the while playing at 3 times speed and no time limit. This took him 15 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3BK9FvLb4&t=1929s
It looks so boring... SO BORING I DONT GET IT!? WHYYY!

EDIT: MilkandcookiesTW delivers again, that Skaven siege looked awesome. "FIGHT THEM, KILL THEM!"

Why even play the game? Christ what a fuckwit this guy is.

So much wrong opinion in that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nooo! A Reptile Dysfunction is better .

• Locked thread