Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

The Cheshire Cat posted:

are there any factions in the Warhammer lore that are migratory? Not pure hordes, but ones that picked up and moved somewhere else at some point

Ogre Kingdoms pretty much. The race as a whole in the lore has wanderlust. Ogres can pretty much be found everywhere in the world, looking for new and exciting things to punch and eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

Chariots made of skeletons!

I like the cut of your jib

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How are people building Sigvald to be an unstoppable machine? Do you just pump the armor defense and hp skills, or more of an even spread of both offense and defense?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I hate all of you with great computers. My comp barely hits the minimum. I was able to get more ram but I can't upgrade my video card barring getting a new comp

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Kainser posted:

When they add chaos dwarfs I won't play anything else because nothing comes close to their hats

What if Ogre Kingdoms have maneater units that are wearing Chaos Dwarf hats?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Korgan posted:

Hell someone listed a bunch of upcoming dlc files they found in the game and it looks like they may even get their own version of the Waaagh army mechanic.

Got a link to this by any chance?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Kainser posted:

The Slaanesh faction is going to be great

A perfect rack and huge dong for everyone! Including the mounts.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The last 20 turns of the chaos campaign was chasing a 1 HP empire lord as he sailed to the north of the map.

Why is this? I've had both empire and dwarves run to the north when down to their last stack and no cities. They get stomped by some random Varg usually.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Mans posted:

His magnificence prevails :allears:

This to me is the most important part of the update.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Tiler Kiwi posted:

sigvald scorns sanguine sanctimoniousness; his scintillating statuesque stature stands scandalized if it slandered with scarlet slurries. his sword may slide slickly, slashing, sprouting stylized spikes of Salvia spathacea from slain, sullied, scum, staining scores of swarthy swordsmen surrounding sigvald, but sivald's splendor, singularly, shines spotless.

:vince:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Kainser posted:

What will the objective of the Wood Elves be anyway, liberate all the woods?

Murder dwarfs, murder beastmen, be a total dick to Brettonia.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Kainser posted:

Which wood elf unit will be minotaur tier

Tree kin I would imagine. Dryads would be fast infantry with vanguard? Treemen would make most sense as the tier V monster.

I most want to see war dancers busting ballet moves and stabbing people at the same time

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

No goofy hats, no deal.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

When you save your game, they show a map of where your faction is. There are blank spaces to the south, east and west of the old world. Do you think these areas will be added in with this release or will they be the theaters for the other two standalone releases?

To the west could be Ulthuan and Lustria, the east could be world's edge mountains. South obviously Tomb King area. Possible Empire:TW style continent movement.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

On the graphics and setting front, my comp has the minimum requirements to play this game. I have 4 Gig of RAM. A buddy is installing more so I'll have 16 Gig.

Right now I pretty much everything on low, unit sizes normal. When I get more RAM, what would be the options to increase? Unit size? Graphic details?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Gonkish posted:

Ultra unit size is the only unit size. :colbert:

I know, but my computer disagrees. Thanks for the responses.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Probably that rear end in a top hat that tried to cheat the dwarves by 2 gold.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

the horrors of war

This makes me sad because my comp barely meets the minimum so I never get to enjoy detailed rear end shots like this.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I want war dancers to be awesome. If nothing else I want my LSD forest dance ninjas.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Why must you say such mean things.......

I had the same sad thought actually.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Lizards wood elves and ogres here. I figure I'll get the elves this release but have to wait for the others in a further expansion

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Vlad question. He has the skill that gives experience to all troops faction wide. Does this include garrison troops?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Holy crap. That's insane. But awesome.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

What kind of outposts seem to be the best choices for the wood elves? I feel the growth isn't that great due to the majority of WE settlements being lovely outposts.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

After the Albion event didn't they say the Lizardmen had started building an outpost in the island?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Night10194 posted:

But that's because how could you possibly go wrong with a wandering Swedish cross between a JoJo and He-Man on an endless road-trip to do whatever the gently caress he feels like?

You simply cannot strike out seeing a Swedish scion of sexuality sally forth, swaggering swole swinging sensuality secreting sensational stardom.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

It's at the moon's exploding where the best race, Lizardmen, say gently caress this lovely story and blast off in Aztec pyramid spaceships.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How do most people build Vlad when playing a VC campaign?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Awesome. Thanks dude. Not sure if I wanted him to buff or become a combat monster.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Lassitude posted:

Those hats aren't even close to the lunacy of their older hats. Hopefully we never again see those old hats that were bigger than the dwarfs themselves.

Whoa whoa whoa let's not say things we can't take back. Chaos dwarves are far and away superior in hat technology.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

An army painter would be amazing. Also surprise army of ogres being added in February because ogres rule.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Lizardmen will have an ok amount of shooting. Clouds of skirmishing skinks can throw out either javelins or blowpipe darts. They have a few fliers that can throw out some limited shooting in addition to dropping rocks like dwarves drop bombs.

The monsters will give some heavier shooting. The bastiladon has the mentioned laser crystal on its back. The troglodon has a very meh poison shot. They have a pair of very mobile weapon dinosaurs. Salamanders might operate as fairly mobile flame cannons and I could see razordons be mobile canister-shot throwers.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

For the eventual ogres, I'm assuming Greasus Goldtoothfor the faction leader. Who would be the other lords though? I guess Skragg the Slaughterer for a melee/caster hybrid?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Due to cold blooded rule Lizardmen leadership is pretty solid. I think their long range "artillery" shooting will be salamanders, razordons, and the bastiladon. Bastilidon will be kind of like the Empire luminark if I had to guess. Salamanders would be much faster moving flame cannons and razordons faster moving organ guns.

Regular missiles won't be great. Skink skirmish clouds using javelins and blowpipes, but nothing long range like a regular archers.

Edit: skinks do not suck

Nash fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 26, 2017

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I kind of wonder if the Lizardmen will have a funky currency and training system. Lizardmen don't care about gold as currency at all. I figure they will have an alternate system like the Vampire Counts.

As far as spawning new units, I wonder if the idea of the spawning pools will make their unit recruitment have a special gimmick to it.

In the lore, skinks saurus and kroxigor all spawn fully formed from sacred pools. They emerge from pools fully formed and trained. Units all spawn together, instinctually understanding how to carry out their role. The Lizardmen can't control the spawnings, new warriors spawn in quantity and frequency nobody understands.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I don't wanna loving play Lizardmen

First time this has ever been actually typed out. Such utter nonsense has never been even dreamed of.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

The plot thickens!!!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I

Kokoro Wish posted:

I'm actually hoping that Tehenhauin will be added to the Lizards later. I'd love to see a Skink leader giving bonuses against Skaven to all his little followers.

Tetto'eko or Tiktaq'To (especially Tiktaq'To) are also acceptable.

I think Tehenhauin could be like Skarsnik, enabling effective all skink armies for the Lizardmen.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Trailer is awesome but two things bother me.
1. The skinks at the front of the Lizardmen army look way too big. Skinks should be small goblin size. Maybe a small saurus variant for unit variety?

2. The slann doesn't really look right. Looks more like a lizard than a gently caress off magic frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Vlex posted:

Why would you play Crazy Frog Let Himself Go?

For the dwarves, it was the worst day in their history. Caverns collapsed, the underway shattered. Holds that had been carved from solid rock cracked and shattered into the depths of the earth. Countless dwarves were killed in a cataclysmic upheaval of the tectonic plates. Their great empire had been cast into eternal decline.

For Mazdamundi, it was Tuesday.

• Locked thread