Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

anime was right posted:

bernie on americas test kitchen would be incredible imo

"What's fennel?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Lol at threatening a journalist for a national news org with cameras rolling with arrest for asking questions.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Classic Comrade posted:

also MO'M was total poo poo on criminal justice, y'all forget that

He filled in more squares on the campaign zero board than Hillary last time I checked

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Classic Comrade posted:

oh he talked the talk but during his actual tenure as a politician he was a super tough-on-crime type

Lol yes his record was police state level poo poo

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=16a737fe-f202-42b4-965f-e76b137ba826

Can't tell how formal this poll is but it says in a four way match up with Clinton/Trump/Jonson/Sanders, Sanders gets 18 points, which would grant him a spot on the general debate stage, which has a 15% threshold. Johnson doesn't break threshold. Stein in place of Bernie only gets 4%.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Homework Explainer posted:

lack of a strong, organized left to funnel discontent into non-nazi political action

I think it's because people like the iconography and people who stand up straight. Maybe tankies are on to something

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
http://politicsbreaking.com/sanders-campaign-prepares-run-independent/

This is absolutely not a great reliable source but this link indicates that Bernie is fielding an independent run

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

He's calling me gay isn't he

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

empireofcrime posted:

Sorry to burst in on terrorism chat, not really another thread I can think of where this would fit:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/742435347791941632

Seems Sanders was right on Malloy. Originally I thought he was just another indistinguishable establishment dem, turns out he's giving Frank a run for his money in terms of being a scumbag. In case anyone forgot, Malloy and Frank are co-chairs of the rules committee for the democratic convention. Sirota is digging deep on the merger's connection to Malloy and he just keeps pulling up nasty poo poo.

Scumbag is a slur

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/election-fraud-rico-lawsuit-alleging-widespread-e-vote-rigging-dnc-primaries-derail-clinton-nomination/

Now that the voting is over, Hillary is about to slapped by a RICO lawsuit for election fraud. There's a video at the bottom of the article with the lawyer explaining his experience and the details of the suit, good poo poo

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

logikv9 posted:

why have elections when we can just rely on polls

Um is that all you got

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah you're right it's not like a dude who runs a private investigation firm was indicted by a grand jury today for election fraud in Pike county Kentucky the place where thousands of Bernie votes poofed away

Boomstick Quaid has issued a correction as of 05:25 on Jun 15, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

logikv9 posted:

you don't know your facts, we won by flooding the system with hillary votes from the recently deceased using the clinton foundation app

Actually looks like you won by malfeasance, like purging voting rolls and changing people's party affiliation

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

logikv9 posted:

actually we tried that in 2008 but it didn't work

What you supported Hillary in 2008?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...1b12_story.html

...oh what even more election fraud weird

Maybe we should just ignore all of this this I bet that Harvard-educated foremost election fraud expert has no idea what he's talking about

Boomstick Quaid has issued a correction as of 05:47 on Jun 15, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

Yep, coding that app right there got me 20 votes in California

How many vote credits did you got for coding that patch that made the voting machines switch the vote after you press Bernie?

http://youtu.be/b3kCfDFu4p8

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
You guys are really convincing me that fraud didn't happen with your flippant dismissals!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

But I did get 5 votes for ignoring the machine

http://usuncut.com/politics/5-examples-voter-suppression-arizona-primary/

How many votes did you get for calling in the bomb threat?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The next Amendment should be something that makes election standards and procedures set up Federally, because this whole thing is a stupid mess. I've never had issues voting here in NYS. You know why? Because you fill in a form, and then a computer scans it, and the form is saved. So you get the votes in, and then if anything is contested, you can check it out manually. No stupid touch screen bullshit or anything like that, clear paper trail. Why isn't it like that all over the country?

So well connected people can steal elections

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Peztopiary posted:

A man could descend from the sky while a Voiced boomed out "FRAUD DIDN'T HAPPEN" and you'd be looking for the wires and speakers.

I don't think this is as an effective analogy as you think it is

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, is there polling stating that most Democratic voters prefer Sanders over Clinton? Because regardless of all the errors, technical mishaps, and supposing even downright fraud, if most Democrats want Clinton, and Clinton wins, then I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'd be more concerned with down-ticket primary races and overall effect on attendance of primaries, period.

No polling to that effect other than some of the released exit polling. Down ticket outcomes aren't so important when the head of state is a loyalty-valuing poo poo-list-keeping hyper-competent technocrat and vanguard of global corporatist hegemony

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Guess it has finally sunk in that, like the early and day of voting, the mail in and provisional voting in California is going to be emphatically for Hillary, so now it's back to moaning about losing KY (but not Maricopa or Brooklyn counties anymore I notice)

Who the hell is moaning about losing KY or any individual counties? Are you attempting to reframe what is happening in this thread?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I was referencing actual fraud that was being recognized as legitimate by the criminal justice system. I'm not talking about competition between candidates I'm talking about criminal activity

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

logikv9 posted:

nice meltdown btw

Right I should just bow down to the gormless politicos trying to outsmug each other as they descend into the thread correct the record on actual reported fraud that is being redressed though the courts

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah I didn't mean to post that thought I deleted that out

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

anyone can file a lawsuit buddy

Right but a grand jury in Kentucky already indicted a dude for election fraud in Pile county so maybe this poo poo has legs? Anybody can be on a grand jury too I guess what's your drat point?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

so do you think hillary systematically stole the elections and only kentucky was brave enough to stand up to her tyranny

No I actually don't really think Hillary Clinton herself had much to do with it but rather many interested parties doing what they always do and tipping the scales by various fraudulent electoral practices

There are lawsuits filed all over the drat place that are probably in different phases of moving forward. The Pike county affair I was referencing because it happened just today and is actually progressing forward quickly and isn't something you can just hand wave away though you are trying desperately to do just that

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Some more details about that indictment (which isn't a conviction, by the way):

Sounds like this didn't really work for this fellow. Where is the evidence that he was working specifically for Clinton's camp?

I am not asserting that any fraud is coordinated with the Clinton camp

Edit: though I guess that racketeering lawsuit is alleging that but I don't know what evidence they have on that in their case submission

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What are you asserting?

Also, what do you think about Politically Lying, Unholy, Cowardly Killers by Ticket of a Down?

I am asserted that there was widespread electoral fraud and that there is a lawsuit being submitted addressing that. Everything I've said tonight is in response to all the usual suspects coming in and dismissing the notion that any fraud even occurred at all and any claims to that effect are illegitimate.

Basically people have been calling me stupid for posting a link and defending myself

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

i am trying to handwave it in that you seem to think it represents some huge trend of election fraud when it clearly doesn't, you sound like a republican pushing voter id laws

Wow what the gently caress. "Actually you're a Republican." Nice defensive play from the old party regular play book.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Al! posted:

Oh so something much less insane like a coordinated nationwide conspiracy that somehow has not leaked an iota of information despite needing the cooperation of hundreds of agents to be pulled off in the most minimal of ways

What the hell no not everything is a drat conspiracy. This poo poo is explained pretty clearly in manufacturing consent. Powerful people protecting their interests is not a conspiracy. Also there are "leaks," they are the evidence of fraud. Voter fraud doesn't happen but election fraud actually occurs and pretending it's some crazy impossibility doesn't lend credence to your preposterous argument

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Marlows posted:

Now this is a little crazy but hear me out.

Maybe just maybe a former First Lady, U.S. Senator of New York, and Secretary of State under a relatively popular president might actually get more votes than a senator from Vermont.

I never said that Clinton stole the election from Sanders, all I've said that evidence of fraud is all over the place and the usual apologists coming in packs to deny it does not discount its reality. Maybe we shouldn't just ignore all this poo poo

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Weird how the fraud apologists responding to me misrepresented what I said or tried to deflect by lobbing ad hominems

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's rightly pointing out that your arguments sound like the kinds that Republicans bring up when they're promoting voter ID laws, which have been used to disenfranchise voters. Much like those "ooh Bernie won most of the counties, how come he didn't get most of the delegates" maps seem a lot like Republicans whining about why land doesn't get the same right as people because they (like Sanders in some states) did well in lower-density counties while Democrats (like Clinton in those same states) did better in the urban areas, which, well, have more Americans in them.

So you are literally taking moves out of the Republican playbook, but nice projection. :shrug:

What are those arguments, exactly? Which of arguments that I am making would rob someone of their vote or discount a vote they already cast?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Al! posted:

How is this guy still at Denial

What the hell am I denying? Bernie lost. He is not the presumptive nominee. I am asserting that fraud was committed all over the place, it is the fraud apologists such as yourself who are the ones denying anything

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Where have I argued that they would? I said you're using the same arguments used to disenfranchise voters (somebody was caught attempting election fraud, therefore election fraud is rampant and the result is illegal) to promote the notion that the elections have been stolen. Republicans suggest remedies which disenfranchise voters. I'm not sure what you would like to do to make sure elections won't be stolen in future; maybe your suggestions won't lead to election fraud. They are nevertheless based on misguided premises, and therefore are not convincing, so your suggestions will fall on deaf ears.

I am alleging that election fraud occurred because there is evidence of it. Many primary voters had their party identification changed and voter status changed without their knowledge. This even happened to me but I was observant enough to correct my registration before the deadline passed. Right one person has been indicted so far, but there are lawsuits all over the country seeking redress for election fraud that was committed. Furthermore there was other malfeasance in the primary process that might not fall under the technical jurisdiction of fraud such as polling location closures or mistraining polling staff to give out of provisional ballots upon the wrong conditions. That racketeering lawsuit is alleging that vote tampering occurred in many states but I haven't seen their evidence and am not really commenting on it.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

logikv9 posted:

"i'm just asking questions" - broomstick quaid

Actually I am defending myself from this weird and sudden gaslighting that you are participating in

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NumberLast posted:

Anything but sudden, friend. :unsmith:

Thread was inactive for a while there but someone besmirching the integrity of the vaunted democratic primary process? By god we better pile on

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

logikv9 posted:

i'm sorry that people are replying to your posts

Me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NumberLast posted:

For reals though I don't see any gaslighting going on. :confused:

Yeah not really the best term I just mean they swooped in pushing the standard line, they aren't really attempted to distort my perception of reality

• Locked thread