Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«173 »
Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

HORMELCHILI posted:

Ever since installing the donuts thing and cannabis commonwealth every single lunchbox has a fat blunt and a bag of donut mix

This legitimately makes more worldbuilding sense than the vanilla loot distribution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

For anyone wanting a decent balance mod, check out the unbogus series. The dude takes the totally bogus mechanics of Fallout 4 and makes them gnarly.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

Arcsquad12 posted:

For anyone wanting a decent balance mod, check out the unbogus series. The dude takes the totally bogus mechanics of Fallout 4 and makes them gnarly.

How is that anyway? I spotted it when I was like level 97 in my last playthrough and didn't want to add new things at that point, and my most recent playthrough is Horizon so I wasn't about to add other balance mods

Also, for anyone that's been excited about it, Fallout Cascadia has an official teaser trailer up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1jeloS2s_w

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Azhais posted:

How is that anyway? I spotted it when I was like level 97 in my last playthrough and didn't want to add new things at that point, and my most recent playthrough is Horizon so I wasn't about to add other balance mods

Right now I'm just using his Unbogus Health Scaling and Unbogus Health Ranges standalones. Cuts out the massive health buildup at late levels that makes everyone a bullet sponge, and limits the bullet sponge enemies to those who already have high DR and health stats to begin with. This also makes weapon damage and armor way more important, since headshots are much more lethal when you're only running around with 200 health.

I haven't tried his Unbogus Ranged Weapons mod yet, but it looks like it adds proper projectile ballistics and redesigns the flamer to be more of a liquid napalm streamer. Looks really neat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You see it works on two levels because the collective noun for owls is a parliament and also he's an idiot.

The best flamer in a fallout game, and a contender for the best flamer in any game, is the incinerator from F3.

Because it's a flamethrower that also doubles as long range artillery.

I have no idea why it wasn't a mod option for the F4 flamer.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Is there a mod that replaces DR with DT?

Brainamp fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 22:11

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Brainamp posted:

Is there a mod that replaces DR with DT?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7573

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11227

The second requires the first, I believe.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This went "hidden."

xanthan
Jan 23, 2012

So how's the Sim Settlements/Horizon patch? Love Sim Settlements and am curious if its an ok thing to keep in the firs time I do Horizon. Also, anyone got advice on starting in Horizon?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Imagine growing a flower

Buglord

xanthan posted:

Also, anyone got advice on starting in Horizon?

-Tag the required items needed for bandages since you'll be using those a bunch.
-Ditto for radaway. best treatment for radiation is not getting radiation in the first place, because curing it is ridiculously expensive.
-keep another game installed for the times you get stuck in a respawning loop because raiders are camped at your settlement
-Make sure you have a variety of weapons using different ammo, because you'll always be running out of it. melee weapons are actually a good moneysaving bet, because you can solo any super-mutant as long as you time your blocks right.
-keep a pillow near your desk to scream in when 80% of your health is capped because of rads

i need tips too because this mod is going to murder me through stress induced stroke

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Radoff is the poor man's radaway and only requires survivalist 1, some glowing fungus, melons (I think), and hubflowers. Make a whole bunch and eat two or three before you go to bed (make sure to wait until the effect wears off before taking the next dose or sleeping).

Also look into making a gas mask, it gives you a 50% ap refresh penalty but is an upgradable rad resistance item, I think it starts out at like 50 resist and goes up from there.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

xanthan posted:

So how's the Sim Settlements/Horizon patch? Love Sim Settlements and am curious if its an ok thing to keep in the firs time I do Horizon. Also, anyone got advice on starting in Horizon?

It... works? But they aren't super well-integrated. You'll most likely basically be treating them as separate parts of the game - let Sim Settlements do its "Rise of the Commonwealth" thing, throw a few Horizon specific stations into the unused areas, etc.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

The automated settlements sim settlements puts up are pretty user unfriendly to add stuff to. Tightly packed, hard to navigate in a lot of cases. I don't know that I'd want to combine them other than for the ease of tossing down residences. And as far as that goes the architect houses from horizon itself have clutter and beds and work well enough, just slap up a warehouse for your engineer stations

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

I have most settlements as Sims, but am using the drive-in, Covenant and Spectacle Island as Horizon work hubs for missions etc

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam
Never be afraid of being yourself!

buglord posted:

-Tag the required items needed for bandages since you'll be using those a bunch.
-Ditto for radaway. best treatment for radiation is not getting radiation in the first place, because curing it is ridiculously expensive.
-keep another game installed for the times you get stuck in a respawning loop because raiders are camped at your settlement
-Make sure you have a variety of weapons using different ammo, because you'll always be running out of it. melee weapons are actually a good moneysaving bet, because you can solo any super-mutant as long as you time your blocks right.
-keep a pillow near your desk to scream in when 80% of your health is capped because of rads

i need tips too because this mod is going to murder me through stress induced stroke

Protectrons should be stripped of leg armor and they'll tip right over. Then you can get out your bat or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Protectrons should be stripped of leg armor and they'll tip right over. Then you can get out your bat or whatever.

Attacking weak points in general is pretty key. On humans it's not a huge deal since body shots are still significant, but on a lot of other species they have very high damage reduction except on their weak points. Not all the weak spots are obvious, either - on synths for example, it's their limbs, not their head. Any time you run into something new you should check it out in VATS and see which part will take the most damage if you shoot it.

«173 »