Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

cheesetriangles posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41511

This might be what you mean. I use it and it's a lifesaver.

I think that was it! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Proletarian Mango posted:

It's not dead, in fact activity is ramping up now that the team has adjusted to Covid. Like others just said they released a big update a few days ago and before that the updates weren't any more infrequent than say openmw

Thank you for keeping my dream alive. So many modern games and what I really want is FNV in an updated engine.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
the story quest stuff in Fallout 76 is actually very good, if you can get over the enormous jank (long pauses between every line of dialogue, jarringly laggy combat)

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

the story quest stuff in Fallout 76 is actually very good, if you can get over the enormous jank (long pauses between every line of dialogue, jarringly laggy combat)

Please don't convince me to start playing Fallout 76. I'm trying to complete my backlog here, man!

Back in the world of Fallout 4, are there any recommended mods that add raised planters?

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

I've wound myself up by forgetting what areas of the map I've actually ran through and what the game just filled in by me running too close.
Is there any sort of map mod that lets me better tag what areas I've personally cleared/explored, since the [Cleared] tag is pretty sporadic in when it applies.
Problem is I don't want it to add lots of personal markers to my radial.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Moreau posted:

Please don't convince me to start playing Fallout 76. I'm trying to complete my backlog here, man!

Back in the world of Fallout 4, are there any recommended mods that add raised planters?

I use Workshop Rearranged as a stuff expander. It has a lot of neat stuff in it besides planters, like railings, supports, and angled roofs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

durp wrong thread

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Hey thread, what's the choice texture mods these days?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Is there just a plain old fallout 4 thread? I'm on console so no mods for me.

EDIT: Thank you, search just was being an rear end, I guess!

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 23, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

D34THROW posted:

Is there just a plain old fallout 4 thread? I'm on console so no mods for me.

I got you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847773

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I got two very specific requests:

1. a mod that removes the monochrome “static-y” shading thing that surrounds items you mouse over in the full-screen container menu. I found a fix for the workbench screen and the pipboy but so far the container screen’s solution evades me
2. a mod that lets you wishlist/bookmark specific weapon upgrades in the workbench menu

Please let me know if you’ve seen any mod that does either of these things!

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55817

Sim Settlements 2 - Chapter 2 is out now. Haven't played in a while but this looks like a pretty big update.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Does any of the Creation Club content add Workshop stuff that is any good? From what I've seen it adds stuff that doesn't really fit the aesthetic

Also, any mods that add decent sandbag walls or chain-link fences/chain-link gates?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Is Frost any good? I keep getting youtube reccomends about it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’ve run into an extremely weird bug that is almost certainly mod-related: out in the game world, whenever I approach an item, be it free-standing or in a container, there is a lightning sound / VFX that triggers on it / the container and it disappears. I assume it’s some gonzo weather mod thing but it’s happening both indoors and outdoors. I’m curious if anybody else has seen this happen. I’m like the junk Tantalus over here.

*e: my modlist
code:
#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Status,#Mod_Name
"0000","+","DLC: Wasteland Workshop"
"0001","+","DLC: Vault-Tec Workshop"
"0002","+","DLC: Nuka-World"
"0003","+","DLC: Far Harbor"
"0004","+","DLC: Contraptions Workshop"
"0005","+","DLC: Automatron"
"0008","+","10mm SMG"
"0009","+","Address Library for F4SE Plugins"
"0010","+","AER14 Prototype"
"0012","+","Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)"
"0014","+","Baka Framework"
"0015","+","Baka ScrapHeap - Script Memory Limit Expander"
"0016","+","Benny's Suit from New Vegas"
"0017","+","Better Quarry Sites"
"0018","+","Better Skylanes Flight 1981 Crash-site"
"0019","+","Better UFO Crash Site"
"0020","+","BoS Overhaul"
"0021","+","Caravan Shotgun"
"0023","+","Chem Redux"
"0024","+","China Lake and Holorifle -2K"
"0025","+","CigaretteInMouth"
"0026","+","Classic Ammo Names"
"0027","+","Classic Holstered Weapons System (CHW)"
"0028","+","Colt Single Action Army - F4NV"
"0029","+","Consistent Mysterious Stranger"
"0030","+","Cranky"
"0032","+","Customizeable Power Armor and Jetpack Drain"
"0033","+","Cyan's Armor Mod v1.1"
"0034","+","Dead Money Hazmat Suit"
"0035","+","DEF_UI"
"0036","+","Detailed Feral Ghouls"
"0037","+","Diverse Cats"
"0038","+","Drop the Bomb"
"0039","+","EBF UFO4P compatibility fix"
"0040","+","Enhanced Blood Textures"
"0041","+","Equip Settlers"
"0042","+","Everyone's Best Friend (Dogmeat and Companion At Same Time - No Console - No Hack)"
"0043","+","EXP From Companion Kill (No Damage Required)"
"0044","+","Explosives Expanded"
"0045","+","Faction Housing Overhaul - All In One"
"0046","+","Falllout 3 Heavy Incinerator"
"0047","+","Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project"
"0048","+","Faster Terminal Displays"
"0049","+","Flashy(JoeR) - Advanced Needs 2 - Customizable Survival Mode"
"0050","+","Fusion Gun"
"0051","+","GRASSLANDS - A Fallout 4 Grass Overhaul"
"0052","+","Gun Smoke (Weapon muzzle smoke and Smoke Trails)"
"0053","+","Gunner Faction Armor Pack"
"0055","+","HUDFramework"
"0056","+","HUDFramework DefUI"
"0057","+","Hunting Revolver and Ranger Sequoia"
"0059","+","Immersive Vendors"
"0060","+","Increased Build Limit Enhanced 4K"
"0061","+","Keep Commonwealth Radiant quests within the Commonwealth"
"0062","+","Legionary's Gear - A Tribute To The Bad Guys"
"0063","+","Leveled Spawns"
"0065","+","Lighting Series - All In One"
"0066","+","Longer Power Lines"
"0067","+","Lore-Correction Virgil - sparse hair bioscience outfit and glasses"
"0068","+","Lots More Facial Hair"
"0069","+","Lots More Female Hairstyles"
"0070","+","Lots More Male Hairstyles"
"0071","+","M1 Garand"
"0072","+","M1928A1 Thompson - Day of Infamy"
"0073","+","Minutemen Radio Extended (Radio Freedom)"
"0074","+","Mo Betta Scrap - Scrap Material Overhaul"
"0075","+","Mod Configuration Menu"
"0076","+","More Defined Vanilla Vault Suit"
"0077","+","More Doctors (For Survival Mode)"
"0079","+","More Smarter Companions Mod"
"0080","+","More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition"
"0081","+","Murdering Chainsaw"
"0082","+","NAC - Natural and Atmospheric Commonwealth"
"0083","+","NCR Veteran Ranger - F4NV"
"0084","+","New Mysterious Stranger Outfit"
"0085","+","New Vegas Uniques 02 - Pew Pew"
"0086","+","New Vegas Uniques 13 - Chance's Knife"
"0087","+","New Vegas Uniques 18 - Paciencia"
"0088","+","New Vegas Uniques 19 - Love and Hate"
"0089","+","New Vegas Uniques 20 - Weathered 10mm Pistol"
"0090","+","No Fall Damage"
"0091","+","NPCs Travel"
"0092","+","Photonic Plasma Cannon"
"0093","+","Pimp-Boy 3 Billion"
"0094","+","Pip-Boy 3000A"
"0095","+","Power Armor Fast Exit and Enter"
"0096","+","Raider Overhaul WIP"
"0098","+","Realistic Bullet Cracks"
"0099","+","Recharger Gun"
"0100","+","Regenerating Power Armor Battery"
"0101","+","Riot Shotgun (Fallout 4 Edition)"
"0102","+","S.R.O. - Syringer Overhaul"
"0104","+","Settlement Keywords Expanded v1.60"
"0105","+","Sexy Hancock"
"0107","+","Silenced .38 Pistol - Improved"
"0108","+","Sim Settlements 2"
"0109","+","Sim Settlements 2 Extras"
"0111","+","Sleep Or Save"
"0112","+","Stealth Suit - New Vegas"
"0113","+","Stealth Suit - New Vegas - Voice Add-On"
"0114","+","Stealth Suit - New Vegas Gloves"
"0115","+","Submersible Power Armor -Bioshock Inspired-"
"0117","+","Super Mutant Redux 2.0"
"0118","+","T-60 Equipment"
"0119","+","True Legendary Enemies"
"0120","+","Tweaked Leveled Lists (TLL)"
"0121","+","Unique Uniques - Unique Weapons Redone"
"0122","+","Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch"
"0123","+","Unrestrictive Power Armor"
"0124","+","Utility Vault Suits"
"0125","+","Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI v5.5.2"
"0126","+","Valdacil's Item Sorting"
"0127","+","Varmint Rifle"
"0128","+","VaultBoyTurret"
"0129","+","Vivid Fallout - Landscapes - Textures in HD - ORIGINAL SIZE - LOWER RESOLUTION"
"0130","+","Wasteland Imports - Goodies from all across the Wasteland"
"0131","+","We Are The Minutemen"
"0132","+","Weapon Balance Overhaul"
"0133","+","Weapons Project"
"0135","+","Workshop Framework"
"0136","+","frogs345's Combined Weapon Mods"
"0137","+","Weapon Mod Fixes"
"0138","+","Realistic Ragdoll Force"
"0139","+","Improved Map with Visible Roads"
"0140","+","Commonwealth Gunfire Overhaul - realistic weapon sounds"
"0141","+","Moddable Robot Settlers Compilation (Automatron)"
"0142","+","See-Through-Scopes"
"0143","+","See Through Scopes - MCM Settings Menu"
"0144","+","Deployable Turret Pack 2"
"0145","+","Simple Artillery Strikes"
"0146","+","CROSS Crit Gore-verhaul"
"0147","+","Subway Runner"
"0148","+","Modular Weightless"
"0149","+","Alternate Start - Infinite Answer"
"0150","+","Perk Rework Season Pass"
"0151","+","VIS - Armor by Slot"
"0152","+","VIS - Cosmetics by Type"
"0154","+","Buffout 4"
"0155","+","Children of Ug-Qualtoth"
"0156","+","The Wild Wasteland"
"0158","+","South of The Sea. (Massive GS and more Expansion) (Final Update July 2020)"
"0159","+","Cut Weapon Mods Restored"
"0160","+","Brawl Bug Fix"
"0161","+","AutomatronSecuritron"
"0162","+","Craftable Adhesives"
"0163","+","Loot Detector"
"0164","+","CROSS PlasRail"
"0165","+","NUKA WORLD SETTLEMENTS - NUKA PARK SETTLEMENTS PLUS"

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 30, 2022

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

In case you wanted to see me get owned by this feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwsTM4n3LrE

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is it actually disappearing or are those VFX on some kind of auto-pickup feature that snuck into something?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

Is it actually disappearing or are those VFX on some kind of auto-pickup feature that snuck into something?

That is an excellent question! Time to dump all my junk and test this theory out. Will update presently.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

CONFIRMED that this is a bug with the “Loot Detector” mod. There’s an auto-loot feature but the actual looting bit is broken, it just scrubs junk from the world when enabled. Looks all fixed now that I’ve killed the feature. Good looking out!!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Is there a good wabbajack or guide for a vanilla+ modded setup, something like Viva Las Vegas? I want to give my focused main quest + Railroad run a go again. Which also means I want a mod to stop radiant quests randomly showing up in Far Harbour since that derailed the last one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Arivia posted:

Is there a good wabbajack or guide for a vanilla+ modded setup, something like Viva Las Vegas? I want to give my focused main quest + Railroad run a go again. Which also means I want a mod to stop radiant quests randomly showing up in Far Harbour since that derailed the last one.

Have not used it myself, but word on the Internet is that "Welcome to Paradise" is a minimally tweaked vanilla experience.

I can confirm it restricts radiants sensibly.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Glazius posted:

Have not used it myself, but word on the Internet is that "Welcome to Paradise" is a minimally tweaked vanilla experience.

I can confirm it restricts radiants sensibly.

And it's by the same author as the Phoenix Flavour, which I already used to good effect with Skyrim. Perfect, thanks.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Arivia posted:

Have been successfully using: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19967 which I see now strongly suggests I use https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25934 instead.

Can't speak to the second one personally ..

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Based on the current Wabbajack lists both The Midnight Ride and Welcome to Paradise claim to be closer to vanilla and the both have the mod mentioned above.

Midnight Ride has a step by step manual guide (https://themidnightride.github.io/index.html) which also lets you know which mods you can skip if you don't want it. (It's based around Lunar overhaul which is more hardcore survival focused but I think that can be skipped when doing a manual install).

I haven't used either of them so i can't speak to the quality or how close to vanilla they actually are but you can see the modlists on Load Order Library:
https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/welcome-to-paradise and https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/the-midnight-ride

I've used Magnum Opus and F4EE which aren't really in the Vanilla+ category of modlists.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I went with Welcome to Paradise which has been mostly good. It does use one piece of Creation Club content, I had to turn off one mod (lockpick/hacking cheating), and I wish it had a mod to scrap power armor, but oh well.

It has an absolutely ghastly map mod though:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Arivia posted:

I went with Welcome to Paradise which has been mostly good. It does use one piece of Creation Club content, I had to turn off one mod (lockpick/hacking cheating), and I wish it had a mod to scrap power armor, but oh well.

It has an absolutely ghastly map mod though:

Ghaaaaah. It looks kinda like they were trying for a cartoony "tourist map" vibe, without any of the additional art that makes such a thing kitschy, like the Nuka-World pamphlets and displays.

Also, even done right that'd get old *sooooo* fast. :suicide:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ygolonac posted:

Ghaaaaah. It looks kinda like they were trying for a cartoony "tourist map" vibe, without any of the additional art that makes such a thing kitschy, like the Nuka-World pamphlets and displays.

The hilarious thing is, looking at the mods involved I think the mod pack creator thinks it’s actually an increase in legibility and usefulness. It’s HORRIBLE.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I kind of want to gently caress around and take that since-abandoned mod that expands the pool of names for legendary creatures... one day...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ygolonac posted:

Okay, so there are three things that it turns out contribute to this. 1) the modpack uses FallUI and turns off the existing pipboy effects, so the base colour is white and not green. that doesn't help the map a LOT, and is not the fault of the map mod. with pipboy effects turned back on it's green and it looks better, but not great. in other words, the map mod isn't designed to fit with the ui mod. so 2) replace the map mod, there's one recommended on the fallui map mod page that does work (I grabbed the one that's not on nexus, it's on loverslab lol). this looks a lot better with the fallui. great. but 3) the enb the modpack uses also blows it out all to hell, and I don't know how to fix that. toggling the ENB off makes the map look very good, but yeah.

so it's the combination of original map mod + fallui map + enb that makes it look that bad, i fixed the first part to go with the second but the third is still kinda eh.

e: also after loving around with it a bit i definitely understand why people went goo goo gaa gaa for the settlements system. pretty fun to build houses and stuff.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Arivia posted:

Okay, so there are three things that it turns out contribute to this. 1) the modpack uses FallUI and turns off the existing pipboy effects, so the base colour is white and not green. that doesn't help the map a LOT, and is not the fault of the map mod. with pipboy effects turned back on it's green and it looks better, but not great. in other words, the map mod isn't designed to fit with the ui mod. so 2) replace the map mod, there's one recommended on the fallui map mod page that does work (I grabbed the one that's not on nexus, it's on loverslab lol). this looks a lot better with the fallui. great. but 3) the enb the modpack uses also blows it out all to hell, and I don't know how to fix that. toggling the ENB off makes the map look very good, but yeah.

so it's the combination of original map mod + fallui map + enb that makes it look that bad, i fixed the first part to go with the second but the third is still kinda eh.

e: also after loving around with it a bit i definitely understand why people went goo goo gaa gaa for the settlements system. pretty fun to build houses and stuff.

I'm not sure how well it would play with the modpack, but if you want to get hugely settlement-involved, Sim Settlements 2 is an attempt to do that on top of the base gameplay, while adding a little main questline to explain where it's all coming from and a bunch of side quests as you attract all manner of interesting people to come hang out.

While one primary function is to auto-build houses on designated plots of land, a secondary function is to have entirely internal plots that nest inside a structure you already made.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Glazius posted:

I'm not sure how well it would play with the modpack, but if you want to get hugely settlement-involved, Sim Settlements 2 is an attempt to do that on top of the base gameplay, while adding a little main questline to explain where it's all coming from and a bunch of side quests as you attract all manner of interesting people to come hang out.

While one primary function is to auto-build houses on designated plots of land, a secondary function is to have entirely internal plots that nest inside a structure you already made.

Yeah, a bunch of the fallout 4 overhauls (sim settlements, horizon, frost) look GREAT but I'm holding off. I'm weird, I'm the one person the main quest actually works for and I really just want to get Shaun back once and then I can actually gently caress around with all the other fun takes on the Commonwealth. I got most of the way last time, then got derailed to Far Harbour like I said.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

My only really big complaint with Sim Settlements 2 is it forces you to acknowledge the main quest, was really annoyed about that. Conqueror let you completely thumb your nose at it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

My only really big complaint with Sim Settlements 2 is it forces you to acknowledge the main quest, was really annoyed about that. Conqueror let you completely thumb your nose at it.

You can at least tell Jake "nah gently caress those guys, we got what we need let's move on" which is nice.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah but it still rubs your nose in "my baaaaaaaaaaaaaby" :gonk:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Sup folks, against my better judgment I'm reinstalling FO4 for another run because being a power armor guy with an explosive minigun in Wasteland 3 was cool but made me crave the actually being said guy. So here I am years later with a what looks to be kinda out of date OP.

I saw that Sim Settlements is apparently a story mod now? I was gonna give that a shot (unless someone tells me its bad) but it seems to have a lot of incompatibilities to tiptoe around. Anyone got recs for some good graphical mods, weather, things like that that might have changed since 2018 or whenever I touched this last? I'm especially interested in the regrowth style mods that add flora to the game since I wasn't playing when that first dropped, but regrowth itself is apparently discontinued and there's a bunch of other ones that don't seem to be clearly different.

In the same vein, any good newer stuff for a PA and Big Guns walking tank playstyle? Better Power Armor is my old go to just because the idea of taking small arms damage through your giant suit is dumb as poo poo to me but its been years and there might be something better.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't have any advice for all the types of mods you mentioned except to say that Sim Settlements' story stuff is absolutely top shelf quality, practically all of it is at least as high quality as the actual story and voice content included in the vanilla game. The narrative branching is a lot more aware of how your character is statted (i.e. more like New Vegas) and there are generally multiple ways to approach any of the big story elements. Top quality voice acting and sound quality etc.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I finally got done installing a bunch of poo poo so I'm about to check it out!

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
As someone new to modding FO4 on PC, what are some recommended QoL and playability mods?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Talen_Soti posted:

As someone new to modding FO4 on PC, what are some recommended QoL and playability mods?

Just use wabbajack to install a huge curated modpack, it'll honestly be better that way and you'll actually play the modded game.

This one is my favorite https://www.wabbajack.org/#/modlists/info?machineURL=magnum_opus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Children of Ug Qualtoth was probably about 40 minutes longer than it should have been and probably would have been profoundly annoying without modded weight limits / a power armor set with active enemy highlighting, but it's impressive even so