Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Which mod would you say has the best implementation of shutting Preston up? Something that deals with all his radiant quests. There's a few on the nexus but I can't make heads nor tails of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Svanja posted:

Has anyone used the Man's Best Friend mod? I'm so tempted to use it in my survival run. I miss my dog, but I also want the perks from some of the companions (like Codsworth and Piper).

I haven't had any problems with it so far. There's even a voiced reference to you having a companion and a dog in Vault 81.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Shoehead posted:

TBF the ENB guy IS a piece of poo poo.

Anyway is anyone else having problems finding the new workshop stuff? I'm not sure if snap N' build is breaking it or something but I cant find anything at all.

Try using this mod which adds new menu categories at the end for each DLC. I have it installed just to make it easier to find the DLC stuff amongst everything Homemaker adds, but it should help if you can't find the DLC items at all.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
What mod is it that adds a "Khala" option to settlement workbenches? I have no idea what it does.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

God damnit. I get playing and find myself with this exact problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOnA53mcIME Any ideas on how to fix it? :(

edit: A few .ini tweaks and removing ENB (for ENBoost, not effects) later, seems to be fixed. I'll have to see if it was the .ini tweaks or ENB now.

The latest ENBoost caused this for me. Try downgrading to the older version on the website (0.291 I think) and see if that fixes it.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I increased the FOV in the ini files, but now when I have a pipe rifle equipped, my character's arm blocks the bottom right corner of the screen. It's pretty irritating. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to grin and bear it?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Liking Horizon so far. Tips for those wanting to try it: use Everyone's Best Friend and take a companion to carry stuff and draw fire, at least early on; the Hunter perk should be your first pick so that you can get raw meat to make cooked meals and not irradiate yourself with expired mash potatoes; invest in Strength, because at least for me I've found ammo to be scarce early on and doing decent damage with a combat knife makes handling molerats and the like less of a drain.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

I'm very glad you guys seem to like the name Pete as much as I do.

The legend of Easy Pete never dies.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

I'm not using every single name on the list but if a Mirelurk and a Fog Crawler both get the same name by accident or w/e its no big deal. Really appreciate these names guys btw, both because I get to be lazier and also because I laugh more when I find legendaries.

I realise it was probably a coincidence that the legendary robot I ran into earlier had two of the clamp arms and was named Clamps but I prefer to think it was fate. Good mod.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Is there a fix for the recon scopes turning the screen pure white when you look through them during the day? It makes them useless.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Any recommendations for something to reduce the HP bloat of late-game enemies? Last time I played I got through to Fah Harbah, but even regular dudes took longer to kill than felt fun.

I'm also not a fan of the damage boosting perks for different weapon types, by which I mean, "I've put perks into automatic weapons so I guess I should only use automatic weapons on this character, because anything else would be ineffective against these HP sponge enemies."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
e: Nevermind, fixed it.

Dr Snofeld fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 30, 2018