Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11017/

This one (X-02 enclave armour) is pretty drat incredible. Great mesh and solid textures and even a tesla version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Is there a decent mod to replace Don't call me Settler that renames or allows you to rename your settlers? I found http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16466/ which uses the robot dlc to turn settlers into renamable robots or something but it has a laundry list of bugs and a complaints department of a comments section.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I was going to write that looks like a mod that'd benefit from having a simple core and a that you could add to modularly, but it looks like it's already built out of a bunch of other people's simple mods. Some of which I've seen in the past and decided I didn't really want to add to my game i.e. 'ANiceOakTree's Diverse Children'. You are right that the creation kit seems the best way to add names.

I found a few others though, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6889/ uses the console and a ridiculous list to let you choose names and http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23391/ uses scripts to randomly assign them.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Davoren posted:

Rename Anything is what you need. Works on people and items and you get to pick the name yourself. I use this alongside Better Settlers.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22105/

This is perfect.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I can't tell if you are serious or not? That ENB takes a really colourful game and sucks all the colour out of it? I mean, yikes.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I've only encountered legendary triggermen and 'Mack the Knife' is actually a super appropriate name that a fallout mobster would take.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
If you rescue Nick before you get to diamond city, it starts open. Won't fix your Piper problem but will get you inside.

Does anyone use molotovs in horizon? They feel completely useless with no initial damage and slow damage over time. And burning enemies act like any other meaning you can't just wait for them to burn to death without them flanking you, so you end up shooting them anyway.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Heres hoping that people use access to Bethesda to make mods that aren't currently possible. I'd much rather see a Power Armour unarmed killmove mod or a bicycle you can ride than anything shown in the demonstration.

EDIT: A while ago I started using Bhaal's sorting, and now it seems like Valdacil's is the commonly accepted mod. Since just switching them will give me a bunch of messed up tags, is there anyway to make the transition mid-game that won't require renaming every item manually?

Erd fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 15, 2017

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
You need 6! issues of guns and bullets and some gun nut to craft .308 in horizon. I have 5 and it's maddening because .308 is battle winning, robot killing, synth maiming great that I have to get lucky with hunting rifle super mutants and bolt action rifle raiders. Horizon is weird, synths aren't disposable plastic people anymore.

EDIT: The lexington power armour raider has a fatman, so I hope you can save.

Erd fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 21, 2017

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25206/

Took long enough for this mod to come out. Tunes the assault rifle in all sorts of ways.

EDIT: Just reached the institute on my Horizon Survival run, does anyone know of mod that changes fathers hair to white or grey instead of blue?

Erd fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 30, 2017

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
His Salvage Beacons mod makes settlement development easier too. How it works is, you set up a settler manned object in a settlement and whenever you find junk in the field you whack it in a container and add a beacon. You then choose which workbench you want it to end up at. But I tend to use it to move say, a dozen 10mm pistols and some armour to the castle in preparation for the influx of settlers about to arrive. It was a great help moving all my guns and equipment south from Sanctuary without lugging it all myself.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16987/

This Mod also unlocks travelling groups as you reach various milestones. Japanese author with a machine translation so the description is terrible but there are videos for cover for them.

Erd fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 1, 2017

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I think I'm going to keep my Horizon at 1.0.7 for the time being. Adding custom weapons and clothing in a balance mod seems like a cardinal sin or something, should be kept separate and at the discretion of the user. Maybe I'll spend a day in the future editing them all out or something when it seems the next patch will be a way off.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
From the patch notes:

quote:

(NEW) Micro Sledge
- Based off the Micro Sledge from Fallout Tactics
- It is designed to give more variety to small concealed weapons for factions like the BOS
- It has mods similar to the Baton (including a re-sized stunpack that fits on the weapon properly)
- It uses the Baton animations when you take the weapon out and put it away
- VISUAL BUG: When the micro sledge drops on the ground, it breaks into pieces, but that's just a mesh problem, it doesn't really effect the item

(NEW) Thermic Lance
- Based off the Thermic Lance from New Vegas
- Unfortinately, it doesn't operate how you think it would, it just swings like a melee weapon (I may change this later)
- This is designed to give more cosmetic variety to melee Synths and other factions, and not really supposed to be a player-used weapon

(NEW) Institute Thermic Lance
- A "clean" looking institute version of the Thermic Lance (designed for internal institute use)
- This is designed for melee Synths inside the institute

(NEW) Electro-Blade
- This is a hybrid of the Electro-Suppressor (Shock Baton) and a bladed weapon
- By default this weapon has both physical and energy damage
- It currently cannot be modded (yet)

(NEW) Aluminum Bat
- Aluminum baseball bats are now a separate weapon from wooden baseball bats
- Both bats have their own attachments, and unfortunately can't share misc loose mods*
- This bat is designed to be used for the ZX-1 Lab
- It can drop randomly from enemies who might carry baseball bats
- 1 bat is sold in DC on the vendor
- (This bat type may be expanded to swap to other metal types in the future)
*I tried to make them interchangeable, but the game doesn't like it

(NEW) Clothing Variations
>> These are new clothing variants that are re-colored textures of existing clothing styles
>> I want more variety in clothing, and to specifically fit better with factions like Raiders
- All of these outfits are new items, so the original outfits still exist the same as they were
- New Headgear: Slicker Hat, Black Bandana, Faded Bandana, Blue Newsboy Cap
- New Clothes: Wastelander Clothes, Padded Jacket, Shoreman Outfit, Survivalist Outfit
- New Clothes: Black T-Shirt and Jeans, Red Jacket and Jeans
- New Clothes: Blue T-Shirt and Jeans, Black Jacket and Jeans
- Some NPCs will wear/drop these armors
(more are planned)

No screens yet, but looks like it'll be new vegas models? And isn't the electro blade redundant with the stun mods for the various swords?

Edit: I think they should keep their gameplay rebalance and the faction diversifying mods seperate. Even in 1.0.7, first time I saw a Nightkin I thought 'I have no problem with how this enemy works, but it just feels half-arsed'.

Edit2:

quote:

Misc
- The Power Armor frame in Concord only comes with 1 badly damaged left arm and right leg

Cherry indeed.

Erd fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 4, 2017

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah, the new industrial Sim Settlements stuff completely cuts the lunch of the weird fuel for resources menu Horizon has. The Horizon creator sure loves his new crafting benches to have a dirty great eyebot sitting in the middle of them. Shame the Sim Settlement farms don't get around the tedium of having to pick your own crops.

The lack of ridiculous enemy HP bloat is why I use Horizon.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

boneration posted:

I just realized I've never actually gotten far enough into a Horizon playthrough to start Nuka World. Do you still need to be 30 to start it?

Yeah

I just had a thing where vault 88 was under attack, and after I made the transition to the cave I spawned right on top of a pile of super mutants. Is this a vanilla thing? I thought there was a delay before the raiding parties spawn in defence tasks.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Double Agent posted:

I've had gunners and raiders be a bit away from the door, but super mutants are always right at the entrance it seems.

Thanks, I was worried some mod was making life difficult, but no, base game problems. Vault 88 is really intimidating. The quest for it goes along nicely and then it's like 'have you built an entire vault yet for your cycle?' Nevermind that it'll end up costing me around 4000 steel.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Erm, no I don't think you do unless horizon specifically changes that, you can go to nuka world at level one if you want to, it will be miserable, but you can go.

You're right, you only don't get the radio signal (which tips you off if you don't already know where it is) til level 30.

On another subject,

horse mans posted:

I discussed horizon's latest changes on stream. The long and short of it for me is: the workbenches are starting to feel like the kind of insane poo poo I used to do with Technic in Minecraft. And the resource system kind of sucks. And getting to rely on fewer and fewer mods sucks.

But it's light years ahead of vanilla survival. And I'm not sure I would play a survival play through without it, even with all of its warts.

For those complaining about the super mutant weapons: it's clear they are just a proof of concept for the overall weapons system the author wants to integrate into Fallout. The underlying system, along with the experimentation lab, is designed to be a foundation for anyone else who wants to build weapons on top of Horizon and have them scale properly, get in leveled lists properly, be extensible with custom legendary traits, and so on. Which is great because weapon balance is one of the biggest issues with modding fallout.

I don't buy the super mutant weapons being a proof concept because they immediately added a whole bunch of brotherhood and synth weapons next patch. It says clearly in the patch notes they are diversifying factions by adding a bladed tire iron with a slightly longer handle or a micro sledge. If there's a 'proof of concept' in there it's the incinerator gun that you build from the workbench that has been there forever. Although personally I just hate them because I have a problem with vanilla assets mashed together in an ugly way.

There is another problem with the new weapon additions: there is already a ton of unused weapon variety for super mutants in the game. Each weapon mod for the sledgehammer, pool cue and board changes the look of the weapon but currently aren't in the leveled lists.

These are some of the possible super mutant weapons in the base game:

And then they add the microsledge (a weapon created by Micro Forte having not enough time or money to add weapon animations for a 2 handed swing but the supersledge being too iconic) instead of giving the brotherhood rippers?

I think the author has his vision for what the game should be like and that is fine but it's feeling more and more at odds with my common sense. When they made a compatibility patch for various mods of game appropriate weapons instead of adding them to the game world or leveled lists they can only be crafted at the workbench, so no, I don't think the author has any desire to help people add weapons to the gameworld. I think they want Horizon to be the be all and end all of mods.

That said, I love the mod in its pre bloat state for it's economy and changes to vanilla survival's flaws. I've run out of a ton of different resources unlike vanilla where wood and adhesive were my sole stumbling blocks. I like that tools are tools rather than sources of wood and iron. Enemies no longer become walls of meat and a lot of the perks have been made desirable instead of forgettable. I have no problem changing the stats and recipes of power armours and weapons I've added to the game to fit the difficulty curve and my experience playing has been better than the vanilla game. I absolutely agree that it is almost necessary if you want to tackle survival. I'd rather not have jank like the fuel system and being forced to pick my own crops but they are forgivable in the long run.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

Weaponsmith Extended is terrible. The real trick is to just grab all the various weapon mods you want individually and create a merged patch, which does the job just fine.

Merged patches seem to be less of a thing now that injecting your weapon into the leveled list via quest script has taken off.
Speaking of which what happens if I remove a weapon mod that does exactly that? How much harm will it do to my saves?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
That sounds less than perfect. Is the quest an ongoing one I can end through the console? Or can I alter the leveled lists in the quest and rerun it, essentially hiding it from view?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Nah, it's not a merged patch, just an additional mod that integrates the 1911 added by the linked mod into Horizon's crafting and leveled lists. Sorry for the confusion.

These ones:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24913/ The Horizon patch

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10406/ The 1911

Uh, this is the 1911 in the patch you linked? Did you link the wrong one?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23788/

EDIT: This one counts too, I suppose? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21142/

Erd fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 18, 2017

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
The people who made the mods are? or Joe Commentsection?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

Thanks guys,

Any one else playing with the Horizon mod? Thats my goal for this play though and I am looking for any mods that will go well with it. So far I have,

Shadow Boost
Def_UI
Full Dialogue Interface
Place Everywhere
Scrap Everything
Armorsmith Extended
Homemaker
Crossbows of the Commonwealth
Sim Settlements
Sim Settlements addons

You might want to think about adding weapons to fill the holes in the current line up and keep your limited ammo relevant, because leveling up to new tiers of weapon is slowed down. I'd suggest a mid level shotgun and rifle, and a higher level SMG.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Place Everywhere.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424/

I also use Old World Containers and Decorations for more junk
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24739/

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Does anyone use the mod Pack Attack?

The description sounds great but I'd prefer a second or third opinion before I add scripts with a mod I may not end up keeping.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a miss for now.

So I stopped playing when the creation club came out and hosed up all my saves, but I recently decided to untangle my mods and get around to the dlc's I haven't finished. I reinstall the game, install the latest version of mod organizer (2.1.1) and added about 100 mods. The game crashes after about a second, before the titles come up. I try from the plain launcher, loads fine, I try f4seloader in the directory, loads fine. I try disabling every mod and loading in mod organizer, it crashes? Normally this kind of crash means missing masters, but without any mods loaded should that be the case? I'm stumped.

Erd fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 11, 2018

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Looks like a pretty accurate 1:1 translation, so I guess the soldiers in McCarran can still accidentally hit a tennis ball into fiend territory.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Tech trees are industrial revolution plots only, they govern how they develop.

Is there a mod that allows settlers to wear power armour?

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

SergZpartan posted:

Its in the game by default, leave a fusion core in a power armor, and when an enemy is near they will hop right in.
No the real trick is getting the idiots back out, you have to pickpocket the core back without getting caught.

I was hoping for something a little more reliable than spawning a mongrel with the console and praying.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Trying to get Valdacil's item sorting, AWKCR and Def ui working and considering they all share a creator they do not want to work together. LOOT shuffles Def ui to a position where it removes all the junk tags and all the armour piece tags appear as icon-tag-name even with only a single tag. I'll fiddle with it a bit more but it's such an effort for such a little reward.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I thought the Fallout 4 unofficial patch converting spellings of an american game to the british spelling was about the most asinine mod change there was, but the latest AWKCR that renames the green shirt and combat pants to gray must come close.

It also breaks a bunch of DEF_UI tags.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
As of the latest patch the outdoor industrial plots in sanctuary cannot be switched, but if you have Place Everywhere you can use = to save a plots x,y,z before you delete it and 0 to transfer the new plot you built to the saved location.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Yep just found that out too. Super frustrating to sit down for my normally limited gaming time and find that everything is now jacked up. How long does it normally take to get things updated again for f4se? Guessing this is a super common issue and question...

Script extender is updated, just waiting on MCM and Rename Everything now.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure Armoursmith Extended does colour swaps, but it looks like to much for me to even think about trying it. Scrap Everything should fix your corpse problem.

Edit: I can't remember the name of the mod you are thinking of but I remember its reputation as a save wrecker

Erd fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 27, 2018

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Has anybody used the Unbogus Overhaul? I'm looking for something to balance out my next Survival playthrough that isn't Horizon or Frost. I was all set to run with Unbogus until I saw the line about armor/weapon mods without patches being unbalanced, when I have a handful of armor and a bunch of weapon mods. I don't want to have to hop into FO4Edit myself and fix every goddamn thing when a problem pops up. Previously I just ran WBO but I'm tired of bullet sponges later on.

edit: I suppose I could install it then run some tests with a level 1+ 1/1/1/1/1/1/1 character and just spawn weapons in. I'm ok with things being a little out of balance, but 'lol your nano armor makes you more powerful than a T-60' is what I'm concerned about.

edit2: holy mother of god, I would have to edit basically every weapon and armor piece I modded in to get anywhere close to balance with Unbogus. That's totally not going to happen. Guess it's time to frankenstein something together with other balance mods.

I've made my own survival overhaul. I use:
Unbogus health range https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24626
Unbogus Health scaling https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24313
Equilibrium https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27046
Fallout 4 loot overhaul https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1486
Survival options https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650
wasteland woundcare https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12597
give me that bottle https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13193
No passive health regen https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12533
level up heal removal https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20160

Equilibrium is well balanced, so use survival options to alter your damage as a percentage to get what you want rather than individual edits. You only end up needing to edit any custom weapons you add that feel wrong, but stuff like the hunting shotgun .45 auto pistol and wattz laser gun already have pretty good balance. I had to edit the MP40 to remove some barrels and the DKS-501 to make the AP recievers add damage.

Edit: I just want to say fallout 4 loot overhaul is incredible. What it does is removes a whole bunch of static placed guns, guns as prizes in crates become rarer and enemies spawn with melee weapons much more frequently. As a result there I have seen enemies spawn with melee weapons with mods for the first time. There is still a glut of pipe weapons but the 10mm in the vault, the double barrel on the sanctuary bridge and the .44 near the water pump? all gone. The laser musket in concord is your first real prize.

Erd fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 30, 2018

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Setting your (outgoing) damage at 2.5 is going to have an upgraded 10mm pistol killing deathclaws in a single magazine. With Equilibrium and unbogus health I run at enemies do 2x damage and take 0.75 damage. Raiders still die with a single rifle round to the head, power armour enemies require sustained fire and behemoths requires planning or missiles.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Nalesh posted:

I'd like the diseases thing more if you had a way to prevent them better, like there are things you can make in horizon but they just last a few ingame hours.

Those are base game survival items.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11542

This mod just re-enables saves in survival.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Back Hack posted:

After a long hiatus, I’ve decided to reinstalled Fallout 4 and about 150 some odd mods, so far I’ve been really careful about what gets installed and avoiding incompatibility in my mods. Now I haven’t had a chance to completely test everything yet, but so far everything is working great...everything except in one regard.

DEF_UI and Valdacil’s Item Sorting aren’t working properly for some reason, it works as advertised for the most part except when it come to assigning sorting icons to weapons, specifically ranged weapons. While this isn’t game breaking and I can still play the game normally, it does annoy me to no end that almost everything gets a proper icon assigned to it except ranged weapons. So I was wondering, anyone experience something similar and have a solution?

E: I’d show a list of all my mods and my load order, but I’m posting this from my phone.

If it's the thing where weapons show a tag and an icon you need to edit DEF_INV_TAGS.xml and change some falses to trues. If it's the sack hood, gas mask etc not showing icons you need to edit them in FO4edit and give them a different tag that shows up. If you are getting no tags on armor or weapons, you need to download AWKCR.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
The only weapons Radrose adds tags to are mines and grenades i.e. weapons with static names. You can't add tags to weapons normally because a "[10mm] 10mm Pistol" will become "Calibrated [10mm] 10mm Pistol" when upgraded if you simply alter the name field. You need AWKCR and it's instanced naming rules to add tags to weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Back Hack posted:

So here's the problem, modded ranged weapons and most vanilla ranged weapons don't have an icons.

Here is my load order:

-snip-

Ok, the caravan shotgun doesn't have an icon because you need a patch.

here, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19686

The laser musket I'll assume is the one on the ground in Concord, that has an icon, but you need to drop it on the ground in a settlement and then use TAB while in the workshop menu to send it to your workbench. When you retrieve it you'll have an icon for it. It should also get an icon if you modify it at a workbench. It's some early cell preplaced weapons thing.

Incidentally, if you want to get rid of the [10mm] showing on your weapons, you can edit DEF_INV_TAGS.xml and change a few falses to true to remove it.

Erd fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 8, 2018