Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh. I want to run Fallout 4 with mods and dumb ENB poo poo but like, base game and mods only get me to 30-50 FPS. Barring hardware upgrades, there anything I'm missing?

Mod List for ref:

And also if it really is just "upgrade rig", then that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

What's your rig?

Also to note, FO4's on an external with USB 3.0.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Entropic posted:

Why on earth would you do this?

I think I ran out of space and was all "Okay, what's getting the boot". But it's now getting transferred to the main HDD.

Robzilla posted:

laffo, I'm on an Intel i5 3570K (3.4GHz), 16GB RAM, and a GeForce GTX 970 and I'm running FO4 with over 200 mods installed, one of which is Resurrection and it runs fine.

To be honest, it's probably a RAM thing where if you don't let your computer shut down for (I think) 30 seconds(?), it will just not be as good temporarily.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

Hahaha the clothing variants added by the Raider Overhaul mod are amazing. Just got to Concord and I'm already dressed as a smiley face skellington man, and toting exciting sounding chems like "Shine" and "Bad Batch Jet" :allears:

There's gotta be more drugs than that, right? Sure, huffing gas and worse cow poo poo is fun and all but what other rainbows of sniffing sauce exist?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Canuck-Errant posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/

This will help, if you don't already have it.

I think, in some desire of mine, I got this after I deactivated everything. Just gotta remove the ones that I don't use anymore in place of some of the "Essential" (according to the OP anyway) mods.

Last I checked, it did 60 about at 720p with mods and I think Olympus ENB?

Also shutting down the comp to clear the RAM and other good stuff could have helped.