Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

you forgot the most important mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Plotac 75 posted:

Am I right in assuming that FO4Edit and Mod Organizer 2 are mutually exclusive in use, or do I just not know how to use them properly together?

Supposedly they can work together but NMN has much better intergration

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Anyone know how to remove obsolete merged patches from NMM's list? I've got a couple of old ones that I cant seem to remove from the plugins list.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Anyone know roughly how long it usualy takes F4SE to update after a patch, i just went to continue a game from last week and apparently a patch has dropped in the meantime and I can't launch.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 14, 2016

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I thought junk's weight factored into it's damage with the junkjet or did I imagine reading that?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Did I imagine it or was there a companion mod to shell rain that made you drop empty magazines in world when reloading?

Edit: it was visual reload

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 16, 2016

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is Natural and atmospheric commonwealth outdated? it crashes after a few minute every time even when running with no other mods

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ugh, I've not modded F4 in a while, I can't get AWKCR & Loads of ammo to work together, the ammo benche's only showing AWKCR recipes, not the other mod's.

is there some idiot step i'm forgetting ?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

How would I go about replacing all instances of that god awful Lewis assault rifle model with something less bad like the chinese or m16?

i dont want to add stuff, just replace that one gun in the level lists.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Sim settlements question: I'm letting cities build themselves, sanctuary just hit lvl1 and a bunch of generators appeared aaround the place, do I need to wire them up manually or will it work itself out?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27751 ?

I do not understand the logic that went into making institute energy weapons so lovely, it doesn't make sense in either lore or balance.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 29, 2018

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

:psyduck: Halp

I'm using Ironrose's rebalance + P.A.C so I can make AP/INC/EXP bullets.

Those two have patches and work together, PAC works by adding an invisible slot to each gun that switches the ammo type.

Anyone know how to cludge new guns into PAC & the level lists?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is anyone using the weaponsmith collection? It adds a bunch of high quality guns to the leveled list along with a ton of variants, but I've got one invisible weapon in it, the vector SMG is invisible. I've had a look inside the plugin and can't see any obvious mistakes is folder structure, but I can't get the drat thing to work.

Got lucky in early game, got 2000 rounds for the minigun, then found a Fn57 chambered in the same that got me as far as goodneighbor

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Vasudus posted:

I don't have a problem with the extra benches it adds, I just do wish when I go to mod my combat armor there isn't like three different menus to change skins. AWKCR was supposed to unify this nonsense.

Have you seen the loving install process for weaponsmith to get it all working right with all models? its a loving poo poo show as is the tutorial showing you how to do it (incorrectly)

then you have the guys whole visual design, what is that 14 year old edgelord chic? I thought this poo poo died out years ago;

Also his new calibres mod that it requires is a god drat mess, and it half the guns don't work with the ammo switching unless you rebuild the asset pack correctly.

Oh and if you question any of his dumb poo poo:

I loving hate this dude and it annoys me that his garbage is required by so many other mods not made by shitheads.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

So See through scopes got a huge new update just after I finished getting weaponsmith extended working, the new version comes with a bunch of compatibility patches for guns that are bundled into WE's all-in-one* asset pack how do I even start to mash these together?

*(you have to download like 10 guns seperately, unpack the asset pack, add those loose files and repack the while thing for it to work properly)

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 3, 2018

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Got a minor issue with NAC driving me crazy atm, the sunglasses effect refuses to work at all, tried reseting the mod from holotatape, then reinstalling the mod entirely, no luck. shader works, weather works, just the 1st person effects refuse to.

I'm using armoursmith extended with it, but getting no conflict messages between them either

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

In horizon, is there anywhere your status is spelled out anywhere? I got poisoned, I have a little yellow pill icon on my hud and another on the pipboy status screen, but nowhere does it actually say THIS MEANS POISON, did I gently caress something up?

Edit: I am the dumbest man alive and didn't see Q)show effects at the bottom

Edit 2: This modlist crashes at the museum of freedom door every single time, any obvious mistakes?

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 7, 2020

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Electric Phantasm posted:

It seems like this is known problem that has something to do Garvey and the author has a sticky up in the comments on the mod page trying to troubleshoot.

But you do need to change up your load order. Move Z_Horizons.esm below all the other .esms and then move Pipboy Flashlight and Start Me Up above Z_Horizons.esp

What's 3dscopes-replacer.esp? I couldn't find anything about it on Nexus.

It turned out to be the horizon weapon pack that was breaking things, dropped that, started again and had no crashes since.

3d scopes is https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9476

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Also, vortex's method of managing load orders sucks poo poo.

You cant just drag and drop things into order, its all rules based to you have to tell each mod to load specifically after the one before and if you have to move one like horizon, you have to redo a ton of poo poo. How did anyone who knows how finicky bethesda modding is think this was a good way to do things.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Electric Phantasm posted:

But you do need to change up your load order. Move Z_Horizons.esm below all the other .esms and then move Pipboy Flashlight and Start Me Up above Z_Horizons.esp

Got more crashes, back to messing with order and this advice, did you mean move Z_Architect.esm below any other mod's .esms ?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Wiped my install, reloaded all mods, rearranged order to this:

Started a new game, wife's cryopod won't open :shepface:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

60, it doesn't play the player character's first voice line either ("Oh god oh god come on") when you interact with the pod before the door control

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Decided that 6 or so hours of fighting vortex/fallout was enough for one day, came back today with fresh eyes, dropped start me up from the load order and everything seems to work, see you guys in 20 hours or so when something else breaks after I've put a ton of time into a save :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Using this modlist, mainly Horizon, NAC and See through scopes plus a few small tweaks:

Get a crash whenever I approach Concord, usualy around the 2 bloodbug cow on the road just past red rocket.

Installed Buffout to get a crash log so I could try and find the problem along with it's dependencies, game now crashes as soon as it launches.

Tried all 3 launch methods for buffout, process, thread and addresshook, all crash on launch. Gone through logs and they say buffout is correctly installed and launching:

code:
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:277] Loading plugins
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:277] Installing vectored exception handler: success
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:278] Searching directory 'C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins' for plugins
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:278] Preload directive 'Buffout4_preload.txt' found, trying to load the corresponding library 'C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\Buffout4.dll'
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:279]     <Buffout4.dll> Trying to load
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:280]     <Buffout4.dll> Library is loaded, attempt to call initialization routine
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:280]     <Buffout4.dll> No initialization routine found
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:281]     <Buffout4.dll> Plugin loaded successfully
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:281] Loading finished, 1 plugins loaded, 1 items scanned
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:282] <ImportAddressHook> Calling unhooked function
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:282] <ImportAddressHook> Unhooked function returned successfully
[2021-02-18 06:24:06:283] Removing vectored exception handler: success
code:
F4SE runtime: initialize (version = 0.6.21 010A0A30 01D705C12269510A, os = 6.2 (9200))
imagebase = 00007FF6DC0D0000
reloc mgr imagebase = 00007FF6DC0D0000
plugin directory = C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\Buffout4.dll
unknown QueryInterface 00000007
registering plugin listener for F4SE at 1 of 2
plugin C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\Buffout4.dll (00000001 Buffout4 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\mcm.dll
registering plugin listener for F4SE at 2 of 3
plugin C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\mcm.dll (00000001 F4MCM 00000008) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\place.dll
plugin C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\\place.dll (00000001 PlaceEverywhere plugin 00000010) loaded correctly
config path = C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\f4se.ini
init complete
RegisterPapyrusFunctions_Hook
Remove just the buffout files and leave plugin preloader & Address Library in place and game launches.

had a look through buffout forum thread, there's a known issue with newer nvidia drivers, so I rolled those back, reinstalled buffout and tried again, back to crashing on launch again.

The tool I'm trying to install to diagnose a crash, causes a crash before the point of the original crash and I can't figure out why because the logs say everything is working :psyduck: