Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I totally want my game to look like this

http://imgur.com/gallery/E1ypL

It's a shame that the Resurrection mod is gone from Nexus though.

There's other mods which add extra foliage/trees/etc but they just don't have that 'overgrown' feel to them cuz the buildings are all pristine. It's bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Thanks for that. I assume though that it's no longer developed and thus might have issues as new patches come out and new DLC arrives? Or might have issues already?

It feels like when stuff's not on the Nexus it gets dropped and all development stops. I dislike that. There used to be so many sites and hell - some modders would just host their own mods on their own sites, like some of the classic stuff I got for modding Morrowind.

khy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 26, 2016

khy
Aug 15, 2005

8 Ball posted:

AFAIK work stopped on it when people found out the modder had stolen most/all of the assets

That seems a bit odd to me. If someone else has a mod that you want assets from, it's super easy to just send them a message saying "Hey, I saw XXXXX in your mod and it was really great, do you mind if I use it in this mod I'm developing? I'll be sure to credit you as the original creator" and 9 times out of 10 they're fine with it.

Unless the guy who made it was trying to pass off the entire thing as 100% his own work but considering how much effort and time must have gone into making the mod, credit for reusing assets here and there would be a fairly minor thing.

Hopefully someone else takes up the challenge to turn the game into a wilderness that's kept up-to-date. And in the meantime, I'll just continue along with that original mod for as long as I don't run into game-breaking issues.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 26, 2016

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

The guy who made Resurrection was using a new account because he had already been banned previously for stealing mod assets on two separate occasions lol

he's a huge butt, please don't support him

The problem is the lack of choice for a thing like this. Near as I can tell, if you want a wasteland to feel like a wild expanse where nature is reclaiming everything, you've got two options.

ReGrowth, which adds trees and foliage and makes the wasteland come alive BUT doesn't alter buildings, which makes all the structures look strangely out of place.

Resurrection, which adds trees/foliage/etc. and edits the buildings to look overgrown and being slowly reclaimed by nature BUT is made by a huge butt.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Does the current version of Mod Organizer found on the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194/) have any big issues I need to be aware of? I've heard the beta version linked in this thread's OP has tons of bugs that have to be worked around.

Also, regarding Survival. When I last played over a year ago, I loved the difficulty of the Survival mode but I hated how it only saved when I slept. Too often I'd run into a bug, or a crash, or other issues and I'd lose a ton of progress. I recall a mod that would autosave when entering/exiting a building AND at timed intervals while playing Survival, but I can't recall what it was named. Anyone know which one I may be thinking of?

Lastly, I remember having huge problems trying to build a fence around one of my settlements, did they ever make things like that snap together or is there a specific mod I should use for that? Do the various DLCs offer wider selection of fencing options because as I recall there weren't many choices when I last played and most looked like rear end.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You're probably thinking of Survival Options. It allows you to tweak a bunch of survival difficulty related options, including enabling autosave on load screens and incremental autosaves. If you're using MCM it will add a menu to that, if not you can get a holotape from a chem crafting station with the same options available.

Pretty sure that's the one, and the Junk Fence mod that Nevets mentioned is the one I was thinking of.

So anyone got the verdict on Mod Organizer?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

In New Vegas, weapons were holstered visibly right? On your side for pistols and melee weapons, on your back for rifles and bigger weapons, etc.

Is there a mod that adds that to Fallout 4? I've seen a couple while browsing but the descriptions seem kinda sketchy so I'm wondering if anyone has anything specific they use that works well.

E: Are you sure, Seashell Salesman? I have VERY vivid recollections of how silly the gauss rifle looks since it drat near drags to the ground when it's on your back, and every 3rd person screenshot I've googled for in the past five minutes has them.

khy fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 15, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Pwnstar posted:

There was but just for the weapon you had equipped currently. There's a mod to show holstered weapons in Fallout 4 but its like a separate item you make that goes in an armor slot.

In many ways FO4 feels like several steps back from F:NV. This is one of them. I am disappoint.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If you don't like VATS, get a Bullet Time mod. Bullet Time is always fun.

Isn't that just Jet?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Halman posted:

What's the best mod for scraping everything and cleaning up all the garbage in settlements these days?

Scrap Everything. But it's probably a little TOO good because it's super easy to scrap, like, road debris that leaves holes and gaps. So be careful if you choose to use it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Unmodded FO4 is surprisingly stable, modded FO4 is surprisingly UNstable.

I have a very short mod list (Mainly some extra clutter mods, WATM, NAC Weather, Sim Settlements, Better Settlement Defense, and one that gives my settlers names so I can keep track of who's doing what). Somehow this tiny mod list managed to gently caress up my settlements so despite all of them having 10+ food/water/beds and 30+ defense, not a single one was gaining new settlers. And what's more, Preston had not just SLOWED DOWN his minutemen quests, he'd stopped giving them out ENTIRELY. Instead of the 96 hour cooldown WATM promised, I checked back every day for two weeks in-game and he wouldn't give me a new radiant quest.

I may have to start a new game, but has anyone encountered similar problems that might know where I could identify a solution?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Coughing Hobo posted:

Why would you want to fix this?

Because I cannot unlock the Castle until I do enough Minutemen radiant quests, and I want to unlock the castle so I can call down artillery.

Don't get me wrong, not being bugged about a settlement needing my help is not a bad thing, but I don't MIND doing them every now and again. IIRC there are settlements that can only be unlocked via minutement quests, right? So if WATM worked properly and actually gave me the four day delay that it promises I'd be thrilled, but somehow it's hosed up and I don't know where to start in fixing it.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 17, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Coughing Hobo posted:

I haven't used WATM, but is it in any way configurable how much time between settlement radiant quests? If so, maybe try futzing with the value, setting it super low, and taking a nap somewhere for a long time.

I can't find anywhere to adjust the WATM settings; wish it had MCM support. I am playing on Survival so I've not yet tried anything in the form of sleeping for 24-30 days or whatever. Probably gotta stock way the hell up on food to give that a try.

Terrorforge posted:

Let's start with he "did you try turning it off and back on again" part of the troubleshooting: did you make sure those settlements have recruitment beacons going? Also, what number of settlers are they stuck at? Which mod manager are you using?
MO2, turned the beacon on/off multiple times. Had one instance I ran up to Sanctuary to try talking to Preston - checked the pipboy and the radio was greyed out, but the beacon was turned ON. I turned it off and on again, had the radio station this time properly, still no new settlers.

Sanctuary is stuck at 5 (I had 8 but sent those extra 3 over to the Drive-In), Drive in at 3, Tenpines is at 4, and the Co-Op is at 4. All four have sufficient power and beacons turned on.

The settler renaming mod I use is Immersive Settlers. A stupid name for a mod which literally just gives them a name from a list at random, but it seemed to be working up until the point where I stopped getting new settlers.

As for Preston, he's wandering around unassigned to anything in Sanctuary. I can talk to him and it just gives me the usual four options - How are you feeling?, Come with me, Let's trade, Don't need anything.

I'm not at home so I can't post my LOOT-sorted load order, but here's a list of mods I have :

All 6 DLC mods
Unofficial FO4 Patch
Settlement Limit Slashed
WATM Basic
Longer Power Lines
Better Settlement Defense
Immersive Settlers
Keep Radiants in the Commonwealth
Settler Sandbox Overhaul (I keep getting settlers in Sanctuary stuck on rooftops and I suspect this is the culprit so I may be getting rid of it)
Vivid Weathers
Survival Options
Expanded Dialogue
Sim Settlements
Scrap Everything
Settlement Menu Manager
Creative Clutter
OCDesigner

I've heard that mods that mess with settlement stuff can conflict with the Unofficial Patch but I don't know how true or false that is. I know in past Bethesda games the unofficial patch was a must-have, but just how important is it in FO4?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Having multiple mods that affect the same system (i.e. settlements) without some sort of compatibility patch is just asking for trouble. You can't blame Fallout 4 for this one, this is a rule in all Bethesda games.

This is generally true but it's also the case that Fallout 4 has a LOT more scripting going on than previous games and I suspect that means that there's a lot of cases were conflicts may not be readily apparent. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot conflicts within ESPs that are adjusting items in-game, and a lot tougher to troubleshoot when scripts are misbehaving.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

re: settler issues, did you make sure everyone has a job? Multiple unemployed people at a settlement will prevent further expansion.

How do companions fit into that? I had Bitchtits and Jun, the couple from the Concord quest, as my farmers - Sturges assigned to a Scavenging Station, and Preston and Mama Murphy were not assigned at all. Thing is, it recruited 3 people to Sanctuary with that setup, but once I assigned those 3 people elsewhere it stopped recruiting more. Does reassigning settlers disable recruiting somehow?

I changed up some stuff and I plan to start a new game, but this is my current Load Order. Wondering if anyone can spot anything in it that could cause problems down the line.

quote:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
XDI.esm
TrueStormsFO4.esm
SettlementLimitSlashedFarHarbor.esp
LongerPowerLines3x.esp
Better Settlement Defence.esp
Marmo1233 - Immersive Settlers.esp
Keep Radiants In Commonwealth.esp
SurvivalOptions.esp
This is MY Bed (Extended).esp
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp
CREAtiveClutter.esp
SettlementMenuManager.esp
My_Minutemen.esp
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarborExtraRads.esp
TrueStormsFO4-GlowingSeaExtraRads.esp
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp

If I start having problems recruiting I may end up just using that insta-settler mod, but I'd prefer to avoid that in the first place...

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

The Tales from the Commonwealth guys recently put out a mod that adds settlers, so now I can run around collecting them in addition to the other one whose name escapes me that puts named settlers around the world to find and recruit. Kind of too bad the way you get them all is just "come join my party town" instead of something more interesting but I now feel settlers attracted by a beacon are inherently inferior mopes.

Unless they actually DO something interesting once they reach your town, like special vendors or some poo poo, then why does it matter?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

They have unique VA and personalities beyond saying "oh hi howaryu" in a Boston accent, which is a plus for me. Recruitable Settlers is the one I couldn't think of; some of those have bonuses for your settlement, merchant services etc. I don't know about the 3DNPCs ones, it was just an immediate download because I like their other work.

Recruitable settlers one sounds intriguing, I like the idea of getting unique settlers that come with minor bonuses. I'll check that out tonight after work. What's the name of the one you mentioned produced by the Tales from the Commonwealth guys?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

Settlers of the Commonwealth, they put it on their website but not the Nexus for some reason
http://3dnpc.com/wiki/fallout-mods/fallout-4/settlers-of-the-commonwealth/

Thanks.

Does the 'recruitable settlers' mod you linked above have unique voiced settlers? Or were you referring to this mod as the one with unique voices?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I've been hearing that Levelled Lists are no longer really a thing, no need to use bashed patches and the like. Is this true?

I'm looking at this mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069 - and it lists 'levelled list' in the tags, so I'm wondering if I need to get Wrye Bash and make a Bashed Patch to get it to work properly.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

Fallout 4's version of the engine made adding weapons into level lists via scripts possible, so any mod using a script injector doesn't need a merged patch made for it.

Is there a quick and easy way to check if a weapon mod uses a script injector?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The paint selections for Power Armor is tremendously disappointing. I'm pretty sure there's power armor paints in the CC, right? Not that I plan to buy any but I do have 100 credits I will probably never use.

Alternatively, what's everyone's favorite paint job mod?

khy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 29, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I have vague recollections of a pretty cool mod with paint schemes based of American ww2 planes? That was pretty rad if anyone knows what that was.

I did find this in a recent search...

https://rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5012/

khy
Aug 15, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Ehhh it sort of makes sense in that you don't want to flood the commonwealth with an endless supply of really good laser guns if you're planning on terrorizing them with synths. I assumed they were deliberately crap but cheap to make.

Well I mean in New Vegas there was Bulk ammo which was lower quality than the normal stuff. I know the bulk energy cells did 15% less damage, and lacked the DT reduction that normal energy cells had. I guess the Institute went the same route of making large quantities of lower-end goods as opposed to smaller quantities of higher-end?

Of course the non-institute laser weapons are also weak compared to previous games, and that I can't come up with a BS in-game explanation for.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So War Never Changes includes that mod to make ragdolls interact, which seems like it would be cool, but hoooooooooly gently caress does it make Dogmeat annoying :argh: He is a Bad Dog and his pathing is the loving worst, I'd never noticed before.

I'm seriously conflicted about Dogmeat's AI. The part where he always runs ahead of you trying to figure out where you're going feels pretty true to many dogs I've known in reality, but at the same time it's a video game and having a companion running ahead triggering mines and traps isn't good video game companion behavior. It's bad enough when a companion goes into combat mode and stops following me only to walk DIRECTLY INTO MY LINE OF FIRE ADA GODDAMNIT GET OUT OF THE WAY.

I'm replacing her drat Assaultron head with a Sentry Bot one soon.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

Just make Ada a full on Mr Handy with gatling lasers or miniguns, she's ridiculously accurate and melts poo poo. Plus the Hydralic armor for the handy looks sick as hell.

I gave her two rapid-fire auto lasers, a sentry bot head, and upgraded her legs to Voltaic so she could be a better packmule.

Honestly I'm considering making her a full Sentry Bot despite the legs not going through doors and the chassis overheating. I don't need her help in the fights I just want her as a pack mule. With all the best +carry weight options I wonder what her maximum is?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

staberind posted:

So..
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14380
Which one of you made this?
"A Modest Proposal"

:stare:

quote:

This mods allows you to find live babies all throughout the wasteland. You know the purpose of babies in the apocalypse - eat them raw, rare, well-done, fill them with explosives to serve as mines, or throw them at your enemies in order to demoralize them.

quote:

There's also an essential boss fight that Bethesda left out of the game. Uncle Daddy Mommy, the rogue rapist Synth, is now in the game, as he should've been from the start. He's located at Back Alley Bowling, just like Obsidian would've wanted.

I get the satire implied by the name (And the origins thereof) but the fact that I'm sure this mod does exactly what it's billed as is definitely a bit... well...

khy fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 5, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm tired of my robot buddies dying when the hordes from More Attackers invade. What's the best mod to use to set them to be the same as other settlers, where they just sit around until poo poo's dead if they hit 0 then revive? Also what's the best mod to do that to other important NPCs like provisioners/the wandering traders/anyone who might die randomly where it'd be annoying or upsetting

By default all of the settlers you recruit are considered 'protected', meaning they cannot die to NPCs and only the player can kill them (As opposed to 'essential' where not even the player can kill them). This applies to NPCs in your settlements and provisioners moving between settlements. They cannot die under normal circumstances.

The only settler you need to worry about AFAIK is the Vault-Tec Rep who is not protected likely due to a bug. Apparently some other L4 merchants can be buggy too. Here's a good fix for that : https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15185/

Robots not being protected seems to be a bug as well, in that even mods which adjust the actors still do not make them truly immortal like other settlers are (See this Nexus Thread); however I've heard that making one into a companion, or a provisioner between settlements fixes that and makes them protected but since the only robot I ever built was Jezebel and she's in the most well-defended base I have I've never had a chance to actually put this to the test. This thread gives info about making robots 'protected'. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4c0cia/automatron_psa_robots_are_not_flagged_as/

As for the wandering merchants, I don't know of any mods that make wandering merchants like the bunker hill ones (Lucas Miller, Cricket, Doc Weathers, etc) protected.

It's possible some of my robot information here is out of date, I don't bother with Automatron robots much so I had to google for most of the info. But I know the settler bits are accurate.

khy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 6, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Is there any mod that can give me survival mode but with transition quick saves. I just lost the hours of progress and I'm not willing to do so again despite having more fun on survival

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/

Yes, this mod will give you more options than just the one option you asked for. I still suggest it over other options because it works perfectly, and you may in the future decide to customize other aspects of survival mode to your liking and having the option but not using it is better than the alternative.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

What is the best HUD replacement mod?

I'd like to be able to see a small clock, maybe more info on current hunger/thirst status, etc. I wouldn't mind changing the HP/AP/Compass bars to something a little sleeker while I'm at it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Terrorforge posted:

What you want is HUDframework. As the name implies, it's not a HUD replacer but a framework which other mods can use to add clocks, survival stats, companion stats and more, as well as offering additional functionality for mods like Sim Settlements and Gas Masks of the Wasteland

e: for some more ideas you can check under the "requirements" tab on the HUDFramework nexus page, it'll show some mods the require HUDFramework

Took a bit of work to get going right but it's working great now, thanks.

Now I gotta figure out what settlement mods I want. There's an absolute GLUT of them and trying to decide what I do or don't want is going to be a nightmare. Plus a ton of them haven't been updated in eons.

I'm currently using Scrap Everything alongside CREAtive Clutter and 'This is MY Bed' but trying to decide which of the other two trillion settlement mods that add decorations and poo poo is difficult. Still feel like there's a lot of crap missing but I'm not sure where to start. All the mods out there advertise '1000 additional objects!' and like 300 of them are just posters or flags or other wall decorations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm too much of a control freak, it's horrible. I can't hand off building poo poo to my settlers because they might do it WRONG.

Send help.

Also, i've been using Scrap Everything alongside the 'Building Placement Fix' it has in its optional files to build my settlements. But the Building Placement Fix doesn't seem to work - objects clip through the floor of the starlight drive-in sign and the building behind it and can't be placed. They seem to snap to the ground under the floor.

I'd considered trying Spring Cleaning but it mentions also having problems with buildings and it recommend Homemaker to fix that up, plus apparently it doesn't scrap nearly as much as Scrap Everything does. And Homemaker proudly claims to have an extra 1000 items to build, yet my settlement menu already has such an incredible surfeit of items from my other mods that adding another 1000 seems more of a chore than a bonus.

Is there a good one-size-fits-all 'clean up' or 'scrap all' mod that doesn't break buildings?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Another question that occurred to me. I never use automatic weapons due to their lack of damage and their ammo consumption. I'm thinking of doing a new run with full-on scrounger perk, but the lack of damage really feels dumb. Anyone know which mods are recommended to balance out auto vs semi-auto to make automatic weapons more useful?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm extremely curious how 76 will affect 4's modding scene. Porting 76 assets to 4,or people getting inspired and wanting to mod but being unable to so they fire up creation kit for 4 instead. Or will the mod scene vanish for a long while add they play 76? Will bethesda Crack down on unauthorized mods or will we see an unofficial 76 mod scene? The beginnings of one exist already but it's so early I have no idea if it'll catch on our not.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I could use some advice with the Sim Settlements mod. It's fairly popular so I'm hoping someone here can help me understand how some of this poo poo works.

I'm trying out Sim Settlements and, well, not sure I like it. For starters, the fact that I have to build a residence for every single settler seems like it's going to use up all my space FAST. I assume that I could just build one big building and use the 'indoor' residence plots, but I wasn't sure how they handle poo poo like power. Do I need to power the indoor plots individually or do they just get power from conduits? Can anyone give me more details there? Also, I like how the buildings end up looking unique with the outdoor ones, how well does it handle indoor decoration and randomization?

Second, food. I can build a food area that'll provide 6 food super easily on my own, and have 3-4 settlers produce a full town's worth of food. But the agriculture plots only provide like, 2 food to start with. They take FOREVER to upgrade, and if I build food manually and assign a settler to it they won't use it for some reason. Is there a workaround for this?

Third, I tried building a recreational plot to get a happiness boost, hoping it'd speed up upgrades. It sat around for ages, with no settler doing jack poo poo with it. Finally I assigned an unemployed settler to it, and he built it - but I also noticed that it unassigned him from his house? And then when it was done, I started seeing NPCs show up there that weren't part of my town, that I couldn't interact with. Were they supposed to be vagrants or something? I don't get it.

If anyone could help me understand this mod I'd appreciate it. I like the idea behind it and the intent, but the application seems strange and not as intuitive as I'd hoped it would be.

ALSO!

I made a mod. It's small and took no time and barely changes a thing, but I like it. It's super helpful for ammo generation, which was a major headache when I decided to do a Commando run.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37417?tab=description

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah, eventually one of my agricultural plots upgraded. I've got a couple more issues now though.

First, one of the buildings it created doesn't have a bed in it for some reason, so I've had to drop a mattress down to bring the total up.
Second, it shows 9 people in my settlement but when I check the vault-tec personnel it only shows 3 farmers, 1 guard, 1 caravan, 1 armorer, 1 doctor, and 1 junk dealer. I can't find that 9th population member. Hell, I can't even figure out who the 'guard' is. I wonder if the vagrants attracted by the city park are messing poo poo up somehow?

khy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 18, 2019

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Erd posted:

Your recreational plot might be the guard or the missing settler. Use a settlement bell or a town meeting gavel to do a headcount.

I sent one more person to my settlement to build another plot, and so right now the total count in the workshop menu shows 10 people. I built and used a bell and ended up with 8 settlers gathering around. The 9th should be the provisioner - so I still have 1 unaccounted for mystery settler counting against my food/water/beds for no reason.

Also two of my level 2 houses have no bed in them at all. The provisioner doesn't seem to have ever created a house at all, so while I have 8 houses built, only 6 have beds. I added two extra beds but now I have to make two MORE just because I'm already in a deficit. It's not difficult but I mean part of the point of getting this mod in the first place was to avoid building poo poo for my settlements and let them build it all themselves.

Mod seems like it'd be really nice if it'd just work the way it's supposed to, but nothing's ever quite that simple for me.

khy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 18, 2019

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Alright, gonna move on from fighting with Sim Settlements for a bit. Got a mod request, not sure if it's possible or out there but...

I have been using AWKCR but it conflicts with a lot of different mods I have. Mainly because many of my mods are older mods which haven't been updated for a couple years. I want to be rid of it, but there's one thing I really like that it allows - pushed-up goggles similar to what Ezreal from LoL wears. Does anyone know if there's any mods which adds goggles like that that DOESN'T requires AWKCR?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

heard u like girls posted:

All of this sounds like you did not use the Settlement Holotape at all? It explicitly asks you how much involvement you want and it's mostly fire and forget if you choose the correct option from the 3 presented.

I used it, but got a bit overwhelmed with the number of options present. I adjusted a few but mostly it's just set to the defaults.

quote:

Did you appoint a Mayor to your settlement? That also helps. And then there's city plans (default is just one per settlement, but theres more on the nexus). Select City Plan and go do other things. When you get back it'll be a proper village / city.

Nope, felt like I wanted to have a bit more control over what's built where (At least while I experiment with Sim Settlements) so I didn't get ROTC.

EDIT : Yet.

khy fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

By the way I've been using this mod and it's pretty nice.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3106

Makes the PA HUD not transparent so it's more immersive. Also has an option so when you're zoomed out to 3rd person the HUD isn't there, which always annoyed me.