Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Azhais posted:

Just refuse to use any weapon mod that doesn't use armor and weapon keywords expanded
That's not what keyword mods do.

You can add items to leveled lists via a super simple Papyrus script. Anyone know if someone's made a resource one yet? If not, I'll whip one up when I have time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Deified Data posted:

This isn't meant to sound catty, but I actually want to know: does Bethesda actually benefit from having a system in place in which mod authors can petition to have pirated mods removed? Why should they care?
The fact they've setup at DMCA takedown notice for pirated mods suggests they believe there's a legal aspect to it. Nobody wants a lawsuit kicking off.

Plus pissing off modders is bad for their strategy of 'use mods as a selling point'- people may stop making them. Sure, getting a mod pirated is largely inconsequential, but still, there's plenty of other hobbies you can have where you don't have to deal with these annoyances. Why force yourself to ignore them when you could just do something else for fun?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

FlyinPingu posted:

as long as there are nexus users to endlessly fellate them they'll never stop modding. Even the modders who take their mods down in protest against big mean ol' bethesda will throw them back up when they start to miss having praise heaped upon them by mindless internet strangers
There's definitely a lot of modders who do it for praise, but there's an equally large contingent like me who're self-motivated. I already regularly burn out on modding dealing with the idiots on Nexus, having to deal with bug reports from old & broken copies of my mod uploaded by someone else would just be too much.