Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
So... turning Curie into an assaultron before doing her quest really seems to have hosed up her features. Has anyone run into this and is there a fix for it?

edit; for reference.

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

7seven7 posted:

Did a new patch drop today? F4SE is telling me it's out of date with my game and won't run. How long does it usually take for a newer version of F4SE to come out after a patch?

EDIT: Grabbed build: 0.1.15, but it's still telling me it's out of date. It's probably not a good idea to play the game without a script extender if I have a heavy mod list, right?

Only mods that specifically need f4se would be affected.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

Anyone else having any trouble with LOOT in MO2? The little LOOT lite button ends up giving me an error message when I click it and running the LOOT executable through MO gives me an error that it can't read a file and running LOOT by itself brings up no ESPs, just the Fallout4.esm

Running loot by itself will only bring up whatever is in your fallout4\data folder. MO doesn't install your mods there, so that's why they don't show up.
Go to the drop down bar, in the upper right corner of MO, and make sure your path to loot is properly set.
Lastly, make sure you're running mo2 as admin.
To be fair, MO2 is beta and I don't know how well loot runs from within it because I never use it and just manually sort my mods.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Started a new game to try wse2. gently caress that. Blew it out and started over. Just too many prerequisite things to install, far too much ammo type spam in every leveled list imaginable, ridiculously op weapons, etc... AWCKR already had the added benches for ammo crafting and such. Why does it also need crafting benches installed on top of that? I'm sure some will like it, but it's not for me.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Azhais posted:

^^^ it's called immersive fast travel. On my phone so I can't link it

Pretty much abandoned by the author, no? Last I checked it didn't work for far harbor settlements.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

Reposting from page 12, 'cos I really like the look of the mod:

Should I just store my PA at places unaffected by the mod to escape the mod?

I think I read somewhere that power armor frames purchased from vendors aren't affected by the cell reset bug. Buy some and put your pieces on there, I guess. I've never tested it though.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
For the most part you can just grab the standalone weapon mods you want and make a merged patch. Most of the author's include some sort of levelled list integration or "on top of the rocks just over the bridge outside of Sanctuary" integration, at least. You might want to open up their LL in fo4edit and do some adjusting. Having every single raider spawn with your newly installed weapon kind of takes away some of the charm.
My biggest issue right now is some weapon mods having me craft them at chem stations. I understand why they do it, but drat does that break my immersion. Just go ahead and require crafting workbenches and be done with it.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

That half-assed copy protection is called F4SE. Since NOTHING requires F4SE yet, somehow making it mandatory for your mod makes it so that dirty console filth can't get at your mod.

There's a perk points per level mod and one for a hotkey for bare hands, but yeah not much yet.

Also, did Bethesda throw out a patch that fucks up settlement radio beacons? I scrapped one the other day and the signal never went away. Then I started messing with them and realized there was definitely a problem. New settlements weren't getting any settlers at all..Turning them on and off wasn't functioning as expected, etc... So I messed around with my mods and never was able to get it fixed. Then I deleted everything... The whole fallout folder, MO2, all inis, everything in appdata, documents, everything. Installed the game fresh. Started a vanilla new game just to check and it's still hosed up. Sometimes it seems to work properly, but eventually it breaks. Last night I got Sanctuary setup normally and settlers(2) arrived as usual. I did the out of time quest and then the first step. Setup a beacon at tenpines, but by the time I finished setting up food and housing etc no settlers arrived. So I keep playing... nothing at sunshine coop, nothing at greygarden.
Are they working properly for everyone else? Google's not turning up much for me.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

boneration posted:

Did something change with Nexus and MO? It doesn't seem to start "download with manager" links anymore. I've been trying it on two PCs including a full reinstall and nothing.

Run MO then click the link?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

What start did you choose with this?
I'd imagine at least a couple of those starting scenarios break the game in some way.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

pmchem posted:

Does the latest version of NMM function basically identically to MO2? That is, using symlinks for mods and keeping your main game installation directory 100% clean vanilla?

No. Different methods for the virtualization. If you run the game from the default shortcut your mods will still load if you're using nmm. At least the last time I checked.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Schubalts posted:

NMM has functioned like MO since September of last year, actually.

Not entirely accurate.

sw0cb posted:

FO4edit loads and exits immediately when I try this. Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong? Google is not being helpful.

What version of MO are you using?
Mod organizer releases
Make sure you're running it as admin as well.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
You can just sgtm 5 in the console and zoom through the intro, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

FadedReality posted:

Is there anything that would cause the game to not properly unload the LOD texture? I went to the Gunners camp near Sunshine Tidings and the road up there was a big flat grey smudge. I even fell off the side and died because the actual geometry was correct under the LOD texture I guess?

You can try setting iTexMipMapSkip to -1 in your fallout4Prefs.ini or search around for some enboost settings and see if that helps. I haven't played in a while now, but one(both?)of those seemed to help last time I played.