Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sorry for being quiet this weekend, been down in Sydney for mum's birthday and basically incapable of using my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

iajanus posted:

Sorry for being quiet this weekend, been down in Sydney for mum's birthday and basically incapable of using my phone.

:romo:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys I'm a shitlord who got busy and forgot about things so sorry to busb and anyone who participated outside of relationship chat and i will be among the top posters tomorrow bank on it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi guys I'm a shitlord who got busy and forgot about things so sorry to busb and anyone who participated outside of relationship chat and i will be among the top posters tomorrow bank on it

i believe in u

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
As you all chill out playing minigolf and laughing, you hear a disembodied voice booming all around you.

I have a revolutionary new game idea: Organic Bonds. You are an atom of carbon, and you can control which elements you bond with. You use this to go through history and attempt to life through all the great events in human history. Will you be the wood that Christ was crucified on? Will you be one of George Washington's false teeth? Will you be part of the carbon used in the steel of Alexander the Great's sword? All of these things are possible, and indeed necessary if you want to see everything the game has to offer.

You stare at each other, dumbfounded. What a great idea!

Noone died Night 1

It is now Day 2

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:toot:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Busb that's ridiculous.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Everyone would pick George Washington's false teeth.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Interesting. :marc:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
d1 begins

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirming.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That's revolutionary! *writes 8 page article expounding the greatness of it without getting any further information*

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, sorry for not posting much earlier - I wasn't around much for the weekend. Will do more going forward! :kiddo:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Thank you busb for not killing anyone last night.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm sure it would have been a transcendent experience should it have happened.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adahn1986 posted:

Thank you busb for not killing anyone last night.

Praise be to Molyneux

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): Adahn1986, Asiina, Birdstrike, CCKeane, fiery_valkyrie, flerp, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, iajanus, Little Mac, Moatillata, Puntification, Rarity, Retro Futurist, tpink

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 15th, 2016 at 10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Imagine a game where you are an idea, and you have to get inside the head of the right person. You do this via communication, like posting, but all subtle like so you aren't discovered improperly.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Imagine a game where you are an idea, and you have to get inside the head of the right person. You do this via communication, like posting, but all subtle like so you aren't discovered improperly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Dear scum,

We all let busbsbs down by not playing D1 properly. Out of respect for our illustrious hard-working mod I ask you to withhold the NK so we can do D1 properly.

Much love <3

Rarity

Aw thanks buddies! You guys are the best! <3

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
well tjis doesn't take a genius

which is fortunate for me!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Rarity why would scum listen to rarity

answer: rarity is a scun

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
thamks busv I solved the game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Rarity why would scum listen to rarity

answer: rarity is a scun

I am a smart and charming lady, that's why

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imagine a game where every time you look at the screen the game pauses. but if you turn away it advances. you can only see little snippets of the story. i call it 'friendship' 'mafia'.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imagine a game where when your character dies you're taken to a chatroom of other players complaining about how they died. i mean, that would reinvent our concept of heaven! i call it 'overwatch' 'mafia'.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imagine a game where you feel how michael bay would, reading reactions to his obituary. that's the kind of experience i want people to have when you die inside my game. i call it 'April 30th, 1945' 'mafia'.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Adahn1986 posted:
I don't like pushing points, really, and you don't get inflection from forum posts, but this doesn't read like a joke to me.

Why are you fishing for power roles?

And no, I have no idea what's in the game, but if Molyneux is, he'd be a doozy don't you think?

Asiina posted:

I don't like this post. There's no reason to think this about Molyneux and I don't like jumping on what seems to be the only actual game related post so far.

##vote Adahn

Here I am, pressing a fellow player for information in a fairly reasonable manner, and Asiina rushes to his defense and votes me.

It's pretty obvious that I was attempting to scumhunt, Asiina, and when you vote people for scumhunting that's pretty suspicious.

Nobody wants to get lynched, so if you get it into people's heads that scumhunting will get you voted, well, that's a scummy thing to do.

##vote Asiina

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey, I have an idea. Could scum claim for a second?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

Adahn1986 posted:
I don't like pushing points, really, and you don't get inflection from forum posts, but this doesn't read like a joke to me.

Why are you fishing for power roles?

And no, I have no idea what's in the game, but if Molyneux is, he'd be a doozy don't you think?

Here I am, pressing a fellow player for information in a fairly reasonable manner, and Asiina rushes to his defense and votes me.

It's pretty obvious that I was attempting to scumhunt, Asiina, and when you vote people for scumhunting that's pretty suspicious.

Nobody wants to get lynched, so if you get it into people's heads that scumhunting will get you voted, well, that's a scummy thing to do.

##vote Asiina

Soooo...omgus is the best you've got? I'm not buying a "woe is me I was just trying to scum hunt" defense. It has nothing to do with you being town or me being scum.

That's not a real reason for a vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

imagine a game where every time you look at the screen the game pauses. but if you turn away it advances. you can only see little snippets of the story. i call it 'friendship' 'mafia'.

This actually sounds like a cool game, but can we please not go down this same road as we did last day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let's do a content game to actually get some drat game going.

If you had a vig, who would you vig and why?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Soooo...omgus is the best you've got? I'm not buying a "woe is me I was just trying to scum hunt" defense. It has nothing to do with you being town or me being scum.

That's not a real reason for a vote.

No, I don't think you suck, Asiina.

If you're town, your actions don't make sense? Why vote a claimed power role for trying to scumhunt? Why do it while providing a horrifically weak defense for another person? That's lazy and dumb, and you don't strike me as either of those things.

If you're scum, though, it's clever. Because whether I get lynched or not, people will see your actions and be less likely to share their concerns. It tips the scales in the mafia's favor.

It's a smart, scummy move, not a stupid townie one.

Hence the vote, but change the subject as you will, my vote stands ;)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I get town vibes from Adhan. Only town acts this clunky and poorly planned.

Also hello Ernie, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Let's do a content game to actually get some drat game going.

If you had a vig, who would you vig and why?

Are you seriously attempting to sow discord/mistrust amongst everybody playing?

How is that possibly productive?

Wow. I love it. Keep going.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

No, I don't think you suck, Asiina.

If you're town, your actions don't make sense? Why vote a claimed power role for trying to scumhunt? Why do it while providing a horrifically weak defense for another person? That's lazy and dumb, and you don't strike me as either of those things.

If you're scum, though, it's clever. Because whether I get lynched or not, people will see your actions and be less likely to share their concerns. It tips the scales in the mafia's favor.

It's a smart, scummy move, not a stupid townie one.

Hence the vote, but change the subject as you will, my vote stands ;)

As yes, the anti-town move of voting the claimed power role of....0-shot busbsmith. Sorry for not taking that into account.

Also your defense is once again not a real defense. I could make the exact same one against you, that you must be scum because you're voting for someone who made a real vote, and therefore you must be scum trying to stifle real discussion!

That is the argument you're making for your vote against me, but it has nothing to do with me or you or either of our actions. You could have made it against anyone who made a non-joke vote based on content.

My vote against you wasn't because you were making content, it was because your content was bad. You're making assumptions about setup that we couldn't know and have no reason to believe, and using that as a basis for a vote on someone then wrapping it up as impossible to criticize because "obviously" you were scumhunting.

I'm not buying it today either.

##vote Adahn

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

:psyduck:

Do you know what game you're playing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

I get town vibes from Adhan. Only town acts this clunky and poorly planned.

You know what, actually, if I had previewed before posting my post, I wouldn't have voted.

Adahn1986 posted:

This is so ignorant of how this game is played that I feel like it can't be a scum mindset.

It's too naive.

##unvote

I've changed my mind.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And once again ole RF knows everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back