Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Opoop presigned but may have been a joke. Day1 will start when I sort out his spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote flerp i've never played a molyneux game i enjoyed

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Black and white was fun for about an hour.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i actually liked fable 1 but thats only because i like it when things are obviously unfinished. my favorite game is quest 64

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Theme Park is great and everything else is garbage

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

GulagDolls posted:

i actually liked fable 1 but thats only because i like it when things are obviously unfinished. my favorite game is quest 64

Quest 64 is finished you find your dad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I got annoyed with the monkey and it was always starving and getting beat up.

Also my temple was always super red and spiky because throwing glowy rocks at people works wonders.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am legitimately surprised that this game started.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
polydeuces?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hi everyone. Dungeon Keeper or GTFO.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Moatillata posted:

Black and white was fun for about an hour.

Eh, I think I got like a good 20 hours of (semi)fun out of it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Little Mac posted:

Theme Park is great and everything else is garbage

Also an acceptable response!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Haha yeah

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

tpink posted:

Eh, I think I got like a good 20 hours of (semi)fun out of it.

The senseless poo flinging, sacrificing and worshipper murder was fun. I lacked the attention span.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

The senseless poo flinging, sacrificing and worshipper murder was fun. I lacked the attention span.

Ohhhh I forgot about the poo. And poisoning food piles with it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I just really liked training him to eat the people.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I just really liked training him to eat the people.

By making him pick them up and rubbing his stomach.

Why do I remember 15-year old game mechanics?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Adahn1986 posted:

By making him pick them up and rubbing his stomach.

Why do I remember 15-year old game mechanics?

Holy poo poo is that game really 15 years old at this point? Ugh. I'm old.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

tpink posted:

Holy poo poo is that game really 15 years old at this point? Ugh. I'm old.

I hear you

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The words of Molyneux suddenly surround all of you

"Hello my creations, for in this land of unlimited procedural calamity, everything goes EXACTLY as i planned to and you will be suitably amaaaaaaazed! Nothing could possibly go wrong. You are all amazing, amazing creations and you are all perfect, like me!"

You all go home and eat a lovely breakfast of tea and corn flakes with milo on it, and read the newspaper.
But what is this on the front page? It's a game review!

Oh no, it appears someone thought that winvirus was a Bad Game! 'Genewars.... was bad' it reads.
And just like that poor little winvirus died of shock.

winvirus, Genewars, Molyneux-aligned Traditional Vanilla has been critically panned Night 0[/b]

quote:

An inconsequential and ultimately boring game that nobody has ever heard of. Your utter mundanity in the face of Molyneux’ greatness means very little. You refuse outright that Molyneux is a scam artist though, and look forward to the days where he is worshipped (rightly) as the genius he always said he was.

You are Genewars, Molyneux-aligned Traditional Vanilla
You have no special abilities.

You are Moleyneux-aligned: You win when all threats to Molyneux (town) are eliminated.

Who could be behind this bad Game Review??? You only know that you have to stop them, before more amazing games get bad reviews.

It is now Day 1!

busb fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 10, 2016

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Both dungeon keepers, syndicate, populous and theme park were all legit good games.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

flerp (1): GulagDolls

Not Voting (14): Adahn1986, Asiina, Birdstrike, CCKeane, fiery_valkyrie, flerp, Hal Incandenza, iajanus, imgay, Little Mac, Moatillata, Puntification, Rarity, tpink

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 12th, 2016 at 11 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Molyneux-made friends! Let's find the busb!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Adahn1986 posted:

Molyneux-made friends! Let's find the busb!

He's the mod! Well that was easy. gg all.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Claiming busbsmith! I can do a thing! It is weird!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Puntification posted:

He's the mod! Well that was easy. gg all.

You do not understand, friend Molyneux-made. The busb seek to unmake us.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Puntification posted:

Both dungeon keepers, syndicate, populous and theme park were all legit good games.

This is also a good opinion. I lost untold hours of my life to Syndicate way back when.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Imagine a game where you are digestive enzymes, and you have to get as much nutrition out of meals as possible, and you can place the nutrients as needed, so maybe if you give the brains lots of fats you'll get better food, or maybe if you put it toward legs the human will run faster and get rid of calories.

Hard mode is gluten free.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I hadn't even heard of my game.

How the mighty have fallen.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

Imagine a game where you are digestive enzymes, and you have to get as much nutrition out of meals as possible, and you can place the nutrients as needed, so maybe if you give the brains lots of fats you'll get better food, or maybe if you put it toward legs the human will run faster and get rid of calories.

Hard mode is gluten free.

Would play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Imagine a game, where you are a teacher teaching procedural generated students, based on the economic conditions of the town. If you do a good job teaching, the intelligentsia you create improve the economy of the town. You win when you produce a Nobel prize winner.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Imagine a game where you are a dynasty of cobblers. You have to manage your time wisely, time spent improving your cobbling skills means time away from your family, time spent teaching your children to cobble means no income. You have to balance the needs of your dynasty with your personal ambition to become the cobbler of the gods.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Imagine a game, where you are a teacher teaching procedural generated students, based on the economic conditions of the town. If you do a good job teaching, the intelligentsia you create improve the economy of the town. You win when you produce a Nobel prize winner.

Boooooooriiiiiiiiiing

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Can I poop and throw my poop at my students?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
confirming that im a gam

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Puntification posted:

Can I poop and throw my poop at my students?

This guy has the right ideas. Hire this man moly

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

This guy has the right ideas. Hire this man moly

It is done.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

flerp posted:

confirming that im a gam

Somethings missing? Purposeful scum omission?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Imagine a game where you are matter and energy, and you have to develop rules of behavior in order to accomplish more and more complex geometry. The goal is to develop the human brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I feel like CC is soft claiming Molyneux right now. Thoughts?

• Locked thread