Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Good evening, for the none of you that know me: my name is Peter Molyneux. And what you are about to play is the most innovative, amazing and mind blowing game you have ever seen, or will ever see.
For I am a genius that knows no bounds, and this game will combine everything that you, personally could ever wish from a mafia game.

I have created a (editor's note: he means 'another') world in which me, Peter Molyneux, is GOD.

And in this world all of my fantastic creations have come to life and you get to BE one of them. IMAGINE, just being able to touch briefly the incandescent perfection of my wondrous grey matter.
Nothing is ever wrong.... in Molyneuxland!

Welcome to Moleyneuxland, a dream mafia game where perfection and miracles come together. between me and Diqnol (Anime gently caress Pillow(True and Real(Spiros))), we have channeled the massive throbbing intellect of Molyneux.
A few standard busbrules apply:
1) dont be a dick
2) don't be a lurk
3) dont intentionally play against your win condition
4) standard mafia rules all apply
5) Masons and any out of thread roles are not allowed to copy paste out of thread communications.

This is a closed, cardflip setup.
There may or may not be non-player influences on this game, so please don't talk to anyone about this game outside the thread.
days will be approx 48 hours, nights approx 12 hours.

Have fun!

busb fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Players:
  1. Adahn1986
  2. Asiina
  3. CCKeane
  4. fiery_valkyrie
  5. flerp
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. iajanus
  8. Little Mac
  9. Moatillata
  10. Puntification
  11. Rarity
  12. Retro Futurist
  13. tpink

Players that have been reviewed and found to be Bad.
  1. Birdstrike
  2. GulagDolls
Replacements:
  1. Absurd Revolver
  2. jon joe
  3. Kumbamontana

busb fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 20, 2016

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:getin:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Absurd: playing within your means is a noble goal. i'll put you down as a possible replacement unless you change your mind.

imgay thanks for the history lesson!! you are right!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
welcome friends we're missing only 4 more good posters. do any good posters still exist? this is a mystery that i'm sure peter molyneux has transcended so worry not.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i literally have everything ready to go for this game. There won't even be waiting for me to write role PMs or anything. wow!

Fun fact: i first announced this game more than 12 months ago.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
how fun was that fact?!?!?!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
is that a signup or a joke i cant tell

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Aight pms will go out when I get to work. Noice

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
PMs are out to everyone except opoopanax who hasn't even posted in the thread what a jerk

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Opoop presigned but may have been a joke. Day1 will start when I sort out his spot.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The words of Molyneux suddenly surround all of you

"Hello my creations, for in this land of unlimited procedural calamity, everything goes EXACTLY as i planned to and you will be suitably amaaaaaaazed! Nothing could possibly go wrong. You are all amazing, amazing creations and you are all perfect, like me!"

You all go home and eat a lovely breakfast of tea and corn flakes with milo on it, and read the newspaper.
But what is this on the front page? It's a game review!

Oh no, it appears someone thought that winvirus was a Bad Game! 'Genewars.... was bad' it reads.
And just like that poor little winvirus died of shock.

winvirus, Genewars, Molyneux-aligned Traditional Vanilla has been critically panned Night 0[/b]

quote:

An inconsequential and ultimately boring game that nobody has ever heard of. Your utter mundanity in the face of Molyneux’ greatness means very little. You refuse outright that Molyneux is a scam artist though, and look forward to the days where he is worshipped (rightly) as the genius he always said he was.

You are Genewars, Molyneux-aligned Traditional Vanilla
You have no special abilities.

You are Moleyneux-aligned: You win when all threats to Molyneux (town) are eliminated.

Who could be behind this bad Game Review??? You only know that you have to stop them, before more amazing games get bad reviews.

It is now Day 1!

busb fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 10, 2016

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i will
- mod the game
- give people wrong night results
- modkill everyone!!!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
This isn't E/n there is a genius' reputation on the line here!!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i am also not drunk but that is because it is 9am on a saturday you maniacs

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i cant handle the suspense!!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
imagine a game where you nolynch and it is night 1!

You have nolynched! it is now night 1!

night actions to me please~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
life imitating art~

yes post whtever you want

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
ps this is not a joke game it is a serious setup for cool dudes and duedettes so pls post more tomorrow~!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
quick game's a good game! now you get a second chance at a day 1!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

flerp posted:

imagine a mafia game where no one posts and you're in said game and have to post to get others to post but it doesnt matter because nobody posts anyways :(

i am iamgening this

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
As you all chill out playing minigolf and laughing, you hear a disembodied voice booming all around you.

I have a revolutionary new game idea: Organic Bonds. You are an atom of carbon, and you can control which elements you bond with. You use this to go through history and attempt to life through all the great events in human history. Will you be the wood that Christ was crucified on? Will you be one of George Washington's false teeth? Will you be part of the carbon used in the steel of Alexander the Great's sword? All of these things are possible, and indeed necessary if you want to see everything the game has to offer.

You stare at each other, dumbfounded. What a great idea!

Noone died Night 1

It is now Day 2

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
If i'm not around for the flip tomorrow (if you even manage to anyway) then be patient or Diqs will have to do it. I have a hectic deadline tomorrow.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Final Votecount for Day 2

Birdstrike (8): Rarity, Retro Futurist, Adahn1986, Hal Incandenza, tpink, flerp, iajanus, fiery_valkyrie
Rarity (2): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, GulagDolls
Retro Futurist (1): Rarity, Moatillata, Rarity
Hal Incandenza (1): CCKeane
Adahn1986 (0): Asiina, Asiina
Asiina (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986

Not Voting (3): Asiina, Little Mac, Puntification

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 15th, 2016 at 10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.
rip a good game

i am quite tired but you guys managed to hang a dude which is p dece good job!

busb fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 15, 2016

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Morning dawns again, like it always does in Molyneuxland. What a fantastic place to be! until you all discover that a dreadful event has taken place.
Someone has released an anonymous essay to the gaming press that the ancient game Druid 2 was actually really bad and didn't do anything new! It also looked bad! And it was NEVER on key.

Gulagdolls, in shame, wanders off. He is never seen again.

Gulagdolls, Druid 2, Molyneux-aligned Traditional Vanilla has been debunked Night 2

That is not all though, as you hear about another new game which is sure to completely revolutionise gaming as a concept forever!

"Imagine a game where you are the first human being to discover cheese, and after you recover from your shock you begin a millennia long quest to perfect it; each generation of your family bearing the torch so you can further the technology. Will you build a cheese empire, your heavily processed slices finding their way into the cheeseburger of every public school child across the world? Or will you strive for quality, massaging your best cow every day and hand crafting cheese that is aged in the cave your first cheesey ancestor used. Also there are goblins and you have to stab them with swords."

Most of you are completely stunned by this concept. What an idea! Truly the gaming revolution is at hand!

It is now Day 3!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:confused:

plaese post more have fun!!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Votecount for Day 3

Retro Futurist (1): Moatillata
CCKeane (1): Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (11): Adahn1986, Asiina, CCKeane, fiery_valkyrie, flerp, iajanus, Little Mac, Puntification, Rarity, Retro Futurist, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 19th, 2016 at 10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

Can you solve the mystery of Molyneuxland in time???

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm actually headed out today so i'm gonna give you guys an extension until tomorrow.

Votecount for Day 3

Retro Futurist (3): Moatillata, Moatillata, Moatillata, Adahn1986, tpink
CCKeane (2): Hal Incandenza, Rarity
tpink (1): Puntification
Moatillata (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Rarity (0): Adahn1986, Adahn1986

Not Voting (7): Asiina, CCKeane, fiery_valkyrie, flerp, iajanus, Little Mac, Retro Futurist

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 20th, 2016 at 10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 23 hours, 4 minutes.

GOOD LUCK

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:redhammer:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The entire town lies on grassy knoll, shooting the poo poo and looking up at the clouds. It's very zen.
Until Keane makes a pronouncement that he is actually, a really cool dude and everyone else should probably pay him homoage.
Scandalised, as most of you are from the 1980s and/or hate wordplay, you turn on him declaring that keane is THE WORST and WHY DONT YOU JUST GO AWAY you useless, but dreamy, man.

Keane just stares you all down and says:
"Imagine you're in a game where a really rad dude controls EVERYTHING. that is this game. i am this dude. now go home and think about what you've done while i consider whether you all deserve to be awed by my power.
You're all visibly upset and scowl and return to your homes to play some dank meming video games or whatever.

Day 3 has ended in a NoLynch.

It is now Night 3.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm considering going in and editing in the closing speech marks that i left out. thoughts?
the capitals don't bother me though

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hmm the forums are playing up a bit. night results will go out in about 20 minutes but if you haven't gotten your results after about 11:10 then PM me as it might have just gotten lost.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Another morning dawns in idyllic Molyneuxland. The procedural birds are chirping and the artificially intelligent villagers are all making GBS threads their pants just like they always should.

You do a quick headcount and discover someone is missing. Who is it? Is it Hal?
No there he is

Is it Assna? oh no wait she is here too.

Finally you realise "It's Keane oh no where on earth could he be!!"

CCKeane has been run off Nigoh wait there he is.
he is holding a gaming review magazine in his hand
"I see someone wrote some bad words about me, Keane, the ultimate fartmeister of Molyneuxland. Ho Ho Ho good joke i like joke's. much like that unnecessary apostrophe, which engineers do all the time! HO HO HO lets have fun today everyone!"

Nobody died Night 3!

A voice startles you all out of your congratulating keane for such a good joke.

Hal's Hitman Chronicles: Imagine a game where you are a simple man named Hal, and you have to think of exciting new ways to assassinate people using items you find on hand. Will you trick your target into eating bugs until they explode? Will you convince your target to take up smoking and wait? The options are myriad and the freedom is yours. Are you tough enough and clever enough to help Hal complete all of his vile assassinations? Only you, the player, can tell.

What an awesome game! To most of you it feels as if you were in fact playing this game all last night instead of doing what you normally do, but that is silly of course.

It is now Day 4

busb fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 21, 2016

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Can you figure out the secret... of what to post in Molyneuxland?
The clues all exist, but is it really worth it??

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Dungeon Keeper. I like the Dark Mistresses.

i found a lie, keane likes farting so much he is def a bile demon

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Gj thread I will flip when I get to work

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i work as an acroyogi so it makes sense

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
While you had a great strat to the morning bonding over Keane's Joke's, the day soon devolved into finger pointing. 'You're the bad game, no you're the bad game' was a hit in all of today's parties.

In the end, you all decide that Opoopanax is the bad game, and in a fit of pique, he smashes your icecream cake with his warty fist before stomping off.
Hmm maybe he could have helped?

Retro Futurist, Black and White, Molyneux-aligned Revolutionary Empowerer has left the party Day 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
in case you were wondering it's Night 4 now whoah!

feel free to talk about things, like how my shoes have a blowout rn. i will keep wearing them though

• Locked thread