Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
But without SA, how would I have met you lovely people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm paralyzed with how starstruck I am, I'm so happy I made it in

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just cleared out a bunch of PM inbox space! Blow it up with chat, friends!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
now accepting PMs from cool sexy overwatch players

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My next confessional is so long I copied it into a notepad in case I accidentally lose it or something. It's out of control.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey everybody should get on slack

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hey everybody should get on slack

no one ever invited me to slack

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If anyone needs a slack invite pm me your email address or just post it here whatever

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ugh why is rehearsal so early today

Oh well, at least I get to have Wawa on the way over.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
everyone should use discord

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You feel like bad mouthing somebody? Maybe you just need a friend? Lean in conspiratorially and tell me your secrets and I'll tell you mine: doctoridlesa@gmail.com or PM

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jivjov posted:

As the resident Nintendo superfan, I am okay with this.

Well do you have an aunt that works at Nintendo? Didn't think so :smug: Check. Mate.

for real though we should form a pro Nintendo alliance :hfive:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would like to start by asking the forgiveness of the popcon players and all game spectators. We mean no disrespect by taking over this meeting. I am Lieutenant PBS Newhour of the Anti-Evil Union Group. There is one more thing I must disclose before I say what I came to say. I have another name. I am also the poster who was known as Chaos Capps. I have come to you today as someone who carries within her the true horror of a survivor of Popcon 1. Do not think of me as Capps the Herald of Chaos, but rather as the PBS Newshour, everyday hero. Winvirus' legacy has everything to do with the evils and hatred of the of humanity. Winvirus built the popularity contest! When one sees how the popcon is created it and what it did it becomes apparent that nothing is more depraved then Winvirus ever was!

Mafia went to GBS so that the community would not collapse under the weight of the people on it. Once there, they flourished, expanding their living space as they built more games on their own! Unfortunately, their success filled us with hubris and dreams of glory creating evils like the Popcon 2! We mustn’t repeat this mistake! Why won’t people understand that we can't let Popcon become an institution!? We believe that humanity should no longer pollute the Earth! But the Winvirus and Kashuno, whose souls are pulled down by gravity think only of ravaging it! Why is it so hard for people to understand?

From the dawn of history, mankind has played in this cradle called “Traditional Games.” But now, humanity must leave the nursery behind! Our infancy has come to an end! Tell me why at this turning point in our history we must fight amongst each other and further pollute Traditional Games? The Game Room should be returned to its natural state and all of humanity must make its home in GBS! Otherwise, TG will no longer be the planet of water. Even this very city of Dakar is slowly being engulfed by the desert. This is how exhausted the Game Room is! Right now, every one of us would like to see the Mafia community remain alive and beautiful. If we truly feel this way then we should not cling to the Popcon as parasites just to fulfill our selfish desires.

Popularity Contest have started a battle disregarding the lives at this assembly. See for yourselves the brutality of the actions they take. They place themselves above the regular players like us and label anyone who opposes them evil doers. But, their own arrogance is the greatest evil; they will be the ruin of humanity! Those of you who were watching the television must realize by now that this is how the Titans go about their business. I admit, it was wrong to take over this assembly, but what of the Titans who were trying to destroy it with the members still inside? Would they even destroy their own supporters?!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
If this game becomes Team Slack vs Team Discord, I am heartily on the side of Team Discord.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Team Discord 4 lyfe.

Also second confessional sent. Good luck reading it all, it's a short novel.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Team Discord 4 lyfe.

Also second confessional sent. Good luck reading it all, it's a short novel.

Did you guys know at some point word wrap in google docs won't expand the cell any further and just adds a scroll bar? I didn't until today.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina the game has barely started, are you sure those had to be confessionals and not just posts itt?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Did you guys know at some point word wrap in google docs won't expand the cell any further and just adds a scroll bar? I didn't until today.

It can't go longer than a screen length.

Feel free to break up the paragraphs as needed.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I be like all Ben Carson sleepy eyed in class terminally nap face

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Asiina the game has barely started, are you sure those had to be confessionals and not just posts itt?

I promised Hamilton for my confessionals, so there will be Hamilton in my confessionals.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

I like the new Av

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

It can't go longer than a screen length.

Feel free to break up the paragraphs as needed.

Oh, also there's a way to do it that's pretty good where you put the name beside and the the confessional next to it in a giant cell. Those work better than vertical, in my experience.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We can not let Popcon become an institution, we have to stop it with this game, please I beg all of you to listen to me. Anyway stay tune for the Popularity Contest substitute I will be running in this thread

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This last one was particularly emotional. I'd post it in the thread, but it's already gone and I don't have it anymore cause I closed the notepad when I sent it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I like the new Av

thanks AA, I like your av as well

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

or do people still call you GG, I've been out of the loop the past couple months

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

or do people still call you GG, I've been out of the loop the past couple months

Yeah, I get both. Whatever is easiest for you man. AA, GG, good friend, whatever you feel like.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah, I get both. Whatever is easiest for you man. AA, GG, good friend, whatever you feel like.

Sounds good, Bloodless Barbarian.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Guys, I'm just gonna say this now, I just wanna post and talk and conversate with you guys. Winning would be cool I guess or w/e but I haven't played much mafia in 2016 and I just want to catch up and get back in the zone.

If any of you want to talk privately, please leave a comment on this webzone so I can send you a secret message inside some pizza rolls.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I've been playing this game so much, just not here in this thread.

PM me the slack info I guess so I can talk to you jerks too

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
death to slack

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I can only talk to people late at night, so if you're a night owl or potential insomniac, I'm your man.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
There's a slack? Oh snap get me in on that too

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

Sounds good, Bloodless Barbarian.

Next Name change.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I used to be Styrofoam but one Hilarious story later someone bought me Glowku.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
UC 0083: Roleplay
It is three days after Char's speech at Dakar. AEUG recruitment levels have risen and the union is filled with a new energy, but at the same time the speech has enraged the Titans with a new vigor. Elsewhere, in space, Axis Zeon waits to make their move.

Hi everyone welcome to the game that will replace Popuarlity Contest, UC 0083: Roleplay. Its inspired by the Japanese animation Zeta Gundam. Its going to be a lot fun, friendly, and not full of mean behavior.

UC 0083 Character Creation:

Portrait:
Name:
What group are you allied with? (AEUG, Titans, Axis Zeon, Civilian, or out of universe if your character came from another universe ((not everyone can have a character like that!!)):
Job:
Mobile Suit Picture if you Pilot a mobile suit:
Bio:

Skills (you get 10 pointts to spend, you can only spend up to 3 points on a skill besides Newtype stuff which can go up to 4)
Charm:
Newtype powers: (1 point means you are newtype senstive, 2 means weak newtype, 3 newtype, 4 super newtype. you can also pick if you are a normal new type or a cyber newtype)
Piloting:
Leadership:
hand to hand combat ouside mobile suit:
shooting:

==========
Here is my character

Name: Five Murasame
Sex: Female
What group you are allied with :AEUG
Job: Mobile Suit Ace

Bio: A Cyber new type created by the Titans who lost her memories but then join with AEUG when she realized the titans are evil and she is very powerful and strong.
Skills (i get more then 10 points because i created the game)
Charm: 2
Newtype powers: 3 Cyber Newtype
Piloting: 3
Leadership: 1 (she is a lone wolf)
hand to hand combat: 0
shooting: 2

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I actually will share that story later when I get home. I think you guys will appreciate it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
can I be optimus prime

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

can I be optimus prime

yes but only if you can come up with a good reason why you ended up here AND LISTEN UP EVERYONE I DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO BE FROM OUTSIDE THE UC, LIKE ITS PUSHING IT IF YOU ARE FROM A NON GUNDAM UC SERIES, AND ESPECIALLY PUSHING IT IF YOU ARE A TRANSFORMER BUT IF YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON WY ITS OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm going to make an AU version of Roy Fokker, but he needs a 4 in piloting because he's the best pilot EVER!

• Locked thread