Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hello. Kirby.

Strong warrior of the stars Kirby. His power is maximum, and he is strong, but up until now he has not been big.

In new Kirby game Kirby: Planet Robobot, he will use his new mechanical bodies to crush his foes, with great robobotic force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzV-wmrYoA

Kirby will destroy his foes with impunity, but you are not his foes. So please. Enjoy Kirby, on your Nintendo 3DS system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDbw9R9dtg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can preload this game now. I'm ready for a pink weekend.

Edit: It releases midnight EDT.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 9, 2016

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Already pre ordered. Should be here tomorrow and I can't wait. Triple Deluxe was one of the best yet and I've got high hopes.

I'm glad nintendo gave us this, if nothing else, this year.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I tried out the demo at a store, and I really like the Robobot Armor. A much better implemented super mode than Super Abilities and Hypernova. Looking forward to playing the full game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm disappointed 3DS probably won't get a Weird Kirby but I do like this Strong Kirby a lot more than the last one.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Oh poo poo, that's tomorrow isn't it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Cannot wait to crush my foes beneath my feat and also play Dungeons and Kirbies Multiplayer Extravaganza!!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Kirby comes in tomorrow. I'm ready to crush enemies with my friend Kirby and his new friend A Mech

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is the new Kirby game going to be good?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

littleorv posted:

I think you'll find that all Kirby games are good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

littleorv posted:

There has never been a Kirby game which was not good, so yes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

littleorv posted:

It's very similar to (but better than) Triple Deluxe. It's good.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Some may think that the best Nintendo series is Mario, or Zelda, or Pokemon, or Fire Emblem, or Startropics. But in fact,

it is Kirby.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Some may think that the best Nintendo series is Mario, or Zelda, or Pokemon, or Fire Emblem, or Startropics. But in fact,

it is Kirby.

I wish Yoshi didn't have lovely Artoon/Arzest games so that I could say Yoshi is secretly the best Nintendo franchise, but yes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

alcharagia posted:

it is Kirby.

:yeah:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

alcharagia posted:

it is Kirby.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't buy too many Kirby games, which is weird because I've enjoyed every Kirby game that I've ever played. This looks like a good chance to fix that.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

alcharagia posted:

it is Kirby.

yes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You'll be glad to know this game upholds the tradition of featuring crappy drawings of Kirby characters. What a skizze!

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 10, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

From what I'm hearing, the game is just more Triple Deluxe. So if you're expecting a significant advancement from TD, don't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's More Triple Deluxe but it's also Better Triple Deluxe so who cares.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's out! yesss

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I haven't played a Kirby game in over a decade. Maybe it is time

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hear that this game ignores subtleties and just spits out story now so that'll probably make connecting it to past games easier on literally insane people like me.

Picking up the game tomorrow and just excited to play another Kirby game tho

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
This game is Good.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I'm glad the game finally tells you which stages you're missing gold collectibles from.

Also the first boss is FANTASTIC.

BlitzBlast posted:

This game is Good.

:yeah:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ness

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
From what I have seen this game has actually been doing real well in Japan sales wise, with it generally being in the top 3 sales spots every week.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The boss music is fantastic.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, confession time, I could not get into Triple Deluxe. I tried to play it again in order to complete it before getting this game, but I just couldn't stick with it.

Now, this is still going by the first world, but this is a joy to play, especially the Robobot sections. I don't know if it will peter out for me like Triple Deluxe did, but I am loving this so far.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before
So far this game has been Good and Wholesome, like other Kirby games before it.

But it also has waddle dees in mech pants and that scores it extra points. :3:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I'm only able to post about how great the new Kirby is because my 3DS needed to charge. This game combines my two great loves, Kirby and giant robots. I'm really enjoying the Robobot more than previous super modes for Kirby, because it's integrated more fluidly into the levels, rather than just turning part of a level into a big gimmick section (well, aside from the Jet and Wheel Mode levels, but they're special cases and also they own). Also, the soundtrack is incredible, I'm loving the remixes that are sprinkled across the different levels. While Dream Land 3 and 64 are far from my favorite entries, gameplay-wise (I've always preferred the faster style from Super Star), I love their soundtracks, so I'm glad to hear a lot of remixes from them in Planet Robobot.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
The end boss sequence of this game is loving MENTAL.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hear that this game ignores subtleties and just spits out story now so that'll probably make connecting it to past games easier on literally insane people like me.

Picking up the game tomorrow and just excited to play another Kirby game tho

Ehh, not sure where you got that idea. This game seems to have just as much story as the past Kirby games. The difference between this game and those is that some of the boss fights just have cutscenes before they start, now.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The rare stickers are much more well-hidden than they were in Triple Deluxe. I'm not to proud to admit I had to look up 5-2's.

It was only after finding it that I realized its hidey-hole wasn't so much for the sticker, but rather for the other thing that was in there. Well played, Sakurai.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

The rare stickers are much more well-hidden than they were in Triple Deluxe. I'm not to proud to admit I had to look up 5-2's.

It was only after finding it that I realized its hidey-hole wasn't so much for the sticker, but rather for the other thing that was in there. Well played, Sakurai.

Sakurai hasn't worked on a kirby game in 12 years lol.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Why can we only place two stickers? I want to Nascar up my mech, if there's any paint visible it's too much.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ehh, not sure where you got that idea. This game seems to have just as much story as the past Kirby games. The difference between this game and those is that some of the boss fights just have cutscenes before they start, now.

Literally every game has ties to the past in the Kirby series story wise. I've said it before but there's a overarcing plot to these games which is kind of funny :v:

I somehow find myself at world 5 already. Goddamn this is such a good game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ohh they brought Jet and Mirror back. And the Waddle Dee city stage is so cute :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Susie: "Clean air, fresh water, and you natives take it for granted."
Kirby: *sprays toxic sludge in her face until she goes away.*

• Locked thread