Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I dont understand why people dont have more anxiety about driving cars, its the most dangerous thing you do on a daily basis, cars are 500lb death machines, and every statistic about death compares it by saying youre more likely to die driving yo work. Its also not up to you..owning and driving is a lot like doggystyle sex, its stinky, women hate it, but it gets easier as time goes on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how would you know i'm 11

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably that people don't like me, OP

e: misinterpreted the thread

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I find a couple beers helps the nerves

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
sometimes, when the pressure gets too high, you just have to shut your eyes, stomp the gas, and pray.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

500 lbs? cars are like usually 1500-3000 lbs.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zorodius posted:

sometimes, when the pressure gets too high, you just have to shut your eyes, stomp the gas, and pray.

dont do this more than once a day on your commute

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I dont understand why people dont have more anxiety about driving cars, its the most dangerous thing you do on a daily basis, cars are 500lb death machines, and every statistic about death compares it by saying youre more likely to die driving yo work.

Yeah, and then a lot of the time you're constantly in Micro-almost accidents, where a guy stops a little too fast when taking a left, or when taking a right into a parking lot they stick out too much, or on the freeway somebody just edges too close to you. Let alone all the people who straight out just cut you off because they are late getting to work.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

as others have said... 3 beers and half a jay will usually get me calmed down enough to drive.

Sometimes I'll take like a fentanyl patch and a hand full of oxycontin and then die because i left the windows up and the AC off.... I'm basically a labrador retriever.

my wife might try to scam life insurance for my wrongful death even though I was basically abusing the gently caress out of pain killers.

I roll both ways.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I hate left turns in the US

Get some traffic circles ffs theyre great

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

new brad bird film looking good

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

rear end cobra posted:

typical corporate shill trying to put break pad manufacturers out of business.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I ride motorcycles so a car is easy mode.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
because its easy as poo poo OP

how bitchmade do you have to be

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also get the gently caress out of the fastlane OP you loving TURD!!!!!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
once you resign yourself to the futility of existence and the inevitable end that awaits everyone, driving gets a lot more enjoyable

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
*suddenly swerves threee lanes over with no blinkers*

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

*suddenly swerves threee lanes over with no blinkers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLuaPZWkvZ0

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

rear end cobra posted:

LA left turns are the worst because they are mostly unprotected and traffic is poo poo so the only way to turn left is to sit in the middle of the intersection and 1-2 cars can manage a left turn after the light is red and before the perpendicular traffic, now with a green light, gets up to full speed

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
i play the guess if other drivers are good at math or bad at swimming game and always win

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have PTSD from seeing a dude get thrown from his car when he tried to ram me with it and then promptly flipped it at 100km/h because he was driving like an insane person, ama (actually don't)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
lord waffle beard

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I have PTSD from seeing a dude get thrown from his car when he tried to ram me with it and then promptly flipped it at 100km/h because he was driving like an insane person, ama (actually don't)

nice

Khorne
May 1, 2002

rear end cobra posted:

We have a bunch of traffic circles in MA.

It's hilarious when out of state people don't understand how they work and honk at you and flip you off when they were the one not understanding how a simple rotary works. I had a guy from florida tailgate me and honk his horn for like 5 minutes in Boston.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
vape a bowl and chill oot friend

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Wendigee posted:

cars are like usually 1500-3000 lbs.

Not in America they aren't.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Just nut up and drive your goddamn car OP.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

crabcakes66 posted:

Not in America they aren't.

My 2011 Crown Vic weighs over two tons.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i am a driver. a real driver. im not one of those "one hand on the wheel one hand on the coffee" style drivers. im not even a "one hand on the wheel one hand on the beer" kind of driver (its illegal in my state). im a one of a kind driver, the best driver, the only one who thinks about what im doing, the only one who knows the rules, the only one who can read the colors on a traffic signal with 100% accuracy. im the only one who knows you can't turn into the outside lane from the inside lane on a left hand turn from one two lane to another two lane road. im the guy wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat in the middle of the summer.

im the one.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
i drive a truck part time and haven't killed anyone in like 5 years, so yeah, it's not that dangerous, really. i drive like 50k miles a year, and that's like 250k miles which is 10 times around the earth, for only one person killed. imho ice cream is probably more dangerous if you really think about it, i mean, 250 thousand miles of ice cream is a lot isn't it

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
i have never met a woman who didn't like doggystyle sex.

and don't speak ill of the stank.

the stank of procreation my friend.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

.owning and driving is a lot like doggystyle sex, its stinky, women hate it, but it gets easier as time goes on

Hey look everyone, the OP is another virgin goon that doesn't understand sex.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my strategy is distance myself from all other drivers because theyre 9 times out of 10 loving retarded whether that means going fast or slow or speed limit i dont care just get me away from these dickfucks

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I can't drive on account of having shake-brains.

Checkmate.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

*praise google be*

https://www.google.com/search?q=average+weight+of+a+car&oq=aver&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.1623j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4000 lbs is the average car weight in 'merica because a lot of 70's steel beasts are still on the roads somehow that is how much pickups weigh and tons of idiots drive ford f-150s around town on errands.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 10, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

i hate this stereotype because it implies there are people out there who are good and/or not bad at driving

you all loving suck. get the gently caress outta my way

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Is it okay if me and my cyclist friends take this one lane for about five car-spans? I know there's a pedway right over there, but we like being able to yell things to eachother and that's hard to do single-file. Also, you might hit a pedestrian with your bicycle and that would be dangerous

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Ok, after years of the conflating doggystyle with anal sex gimmick, it is now hilarious. Well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Vim Fuego posted:

Ok, after years of the conflating doggystyle with anal sex gimmick, it is now hilarious. Well done!

• Locked thread