Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

The beta is over! Early access starts on the 20th!
https://giant.gfycat.com/PointedSillyChick.mp4

FUKKEN posted:

Reminder there's a discord setup to find groups: https://discord.gg/gRX76tt

Arzachel posted:

Also, there's a community-ran tournament happening in October, donating more than 3€ to the prize pool gets you a unique avatar icon ingame: http://www.mastersofbacon.com/

Grimwall posted:

Friendly reminder about EX abilities, press shift. Should probably put that on the title...

Battlerite is a top-down multiplayer brawler created by Stunlock Studios. It is a spiritual remake of their previous game, Bloodline Champions. It is currently in closed beta, with early access available on Steam on Sept. 20.

Steam page is here.
Official Twitter is here.
Official Facebook is here.

Gameplay
Matches of Battlerite are broken down into best-out-of-5 matches where two teams of two players clash in a last-man standing battle. Controls are wasd for movement, mouse for aiming, mouse buttons and some extra keys for abilities.

Each character--a champion--has unique abilities, most abilities are available from the start of the round. If you can survive for a time, you will eventually unlock your character's ultimate move, as well as middle-ground abilities known as "EX" abilities. If your champion dies, you must wait until the next round to play again. When a champion dies, the game temporarily goes into slow-motion, allowing for more precision in such a critical moment.

Battlerite is specifically made to appeal to a competitive player. Each match will last about 10-15 minutes, making it a great game for people who don't want to make a large time commitment. Furthermore, there are no random elements in Battlerite--damage is entirely based on concrete factors like distance from target, angle of attack, how many attacks have already connected, etc.

Giving Battlerite its name, there are "Battlerites" that can be selected before a match begins. These are passive bonuses that improve stats or abilities in some way. The selection and order of battlerites presented is always the same for a given champion. Find your champion's strength as the match develops!

Pick up orbs to stay alive and grow in strength. Green orbs heal the champion that picks them up. Blue orbs provide energy, which is needed to cast ultimate abilites, as well as EX abilities!

When sudden death begins, don't get left outside the ever-shrinking circle of safety!

If the ball in the center is blue, it provides energy to the team that breaks it! If it is green, it provides health, as well!

Pricing

Battlerite will be free to play, but not every champion will be available to a free player at first. Details are yet unknown about champion unlocking. What is known is that buying early access ($20) will also get you access to every champion that is available at release as well as every champion ever (new)!

And, remember....

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Champions

Melee damage

Bakko: Hero of Boulder Pass
Bringing the utmost defense, Bakko is a supreme absorber and reflector of damage. Bakko supports his teammate by disrupting enemy attacks and chasing down stragglers. Consider playing Bakko if you like causing general mayhem and totally disrupting your opponents.

Croak: The Ranid Assassin
Croak boasts supreme mobility, partly in thanks to his stealth ability. He employs a blend of ranged and melee attacks, and is good for those who like to play a hit-and-run kind of character.

Freya: Eye of the Storm
Freya provides great, consistent damage. She is mobile, and gains the most from her abilities when she jumps into the fray. Good for those who like to rush headlong into battle!

Shifu: The Spear
Shifu is characterized by fast melee attacks with a light dip into defensive power and mobility. This is a good choice for those who would like to play a balanced champion.

Ranged damage

Ashka: The Molten Fury
Capable of raining relentless damage from afar, Ashka makes use of highly damaging fire magic. He is mobile enough to escape imminent danger. Ashka is great in the hands of an accurate player who knows how to keep his distance.

Iva: The Scavenging Inventor
Iva is a powerful contender, who is effective at many ranges. She has a variety of tools at her disposal. Very good for players who want flexibility in their damage dealer.

Jade: The Lone Gunner
Truly a sniper, Jade is capable of the longest-range combat in the game. She utilizes her stealth to escape from sticky situations, as well as masking her tactical intentions. If you like to utilize patience and discretion, then making a frantic escape, Jade might be for you.

Taya: The Wind Of The West
Taya is a swift combatant who makes clever use of boomerangs and wind magic. She is good for players who want to be quick, but not quietly about it.

Varesh: The Inhibitor
Varesh is a ranged damage dealer capable of punishing enemies for being too aggressive. He is good for players who enjoy playing mind games when they engage in a fight.

Support

Lucie: The Expelled Alchemist
Providing the most "traditional" support, Lucie offers many defensive boons to her team while also providing some offensive assistance when needed. If you think friendship (and a little poison) can triumph over all, you should give Lucie a try.

Oldur: The Time Mender
Oldur is a support champion who is capable of deflecting aggressive attacks and punishing overextension. If you want to support but want to focus on a more defensive playstyle, oldur might be for you!

Pearl: The Ocean Sage
Pearl is a very powerful healer, who has strong defensive capabilities. She is good for players looking to keep their allies in the fight longer than most.

Poloma: The Psychopomp
Poloma's abilities meld damage and healing together in many of her attacks. She is acutely capable of punishing enemies for lingering too close to each other and her allies, playing a more disruptive role among her support peers. If you like giving your ally some extra breathing room, try out Poloma.

Sirius: The Zenith
Offering a blend of damage and support, Sirius is a versatile champion, offering some damage, along with considerable defensive abilities. If you are good at snap judgement and playing flexibly, you might like Sirius.

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 15, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That fresh new thread smell.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Unfunny Poster posted:

That fresh new thread smell.

Smells like a long rear end wait to beta and US servers :rip:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Apparently the alpha today was 3 hours long?

Did anyone here get in?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Minrad posted:

Apparently the alpha today was 3 hours long?

Did anyone here get in?

Not me. I'll certainly post if/when I hear anything back for contributing the OP.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Battlerite/status/748521070400012288

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

"My tattoos will protect me from being stabbed in the stomach!"

Well, maybe they actually do. :shrug:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

"My tattoos will protect me from being stabbed in the stomach!"

Well, maybe they actually do. :shrug:

amor just disrupts the connection to the spirit world. it is known

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Questionable clothing notwithstanding that is adorable.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

Questionable clothing notwithstanding that is adorable.

She gets a little furball partner too, check the website. :3:

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
I loved BLC but they seriously need much more hype than this...

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Stunlock studios make good games and then tell nobody about them

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm going to play this game over its entire three week lifespan.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

I'm going to play this game over its entire three week lifespan.

:negative:

But, also, same.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Australian servers? Pointless otherwise.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Can't wait to feed Stunlock money, where's Inhib you fucks

Rasmussen posted:

Australian servers? Pointless otherwise.

I don't think this game can save Australia from being pointless.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Arzachel posted:

Can't wait to feed Stunlock money, where's Inhib you fucks

I don't think this game can save Australia from being pointless.

I'm not Australian, your words have no power over me. Great zing though, mate.

I'll laugh when this game fails like everything else stunlock has done.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The game will be fun and good though, why laugh when it dies?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Feels good to see psychopomp back in. :allears:

FUKKEN
Dec 27, 2007
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.
I have a friend that played in the alpha and he says that the game is very playable. His impressions are quite positive and he was bitching how he can only play in these testing sessions and nothing longer. Apparently the last test was like three weeks ago and he was acting like a weirdo addict.

As for myself, I'm a fan of BLC and eagerly awaiting access to the game. Should I ask him some more questions? The game is under NDA so I'm not sure how much he'll tell me.

FUKKEN fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 8, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
:siren:Keys just went out for those who sent in something!:siren:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

A gameplay trailer has been posted! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Q041c0Sis

It's lookin' pretty good!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Also, there's a steam page now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/504370

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Two months? Cool.

I still get the feeling people will ignore it because "heh, another moba?"

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Also that new logo is pretty bad

it gives off the vibe of frito game logos.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Ruzihm posted:

A gameplay trailer has been posted! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Q041c0Sis

It's lookin' pretty good!

Boy did they gently caress that trailer up. They really should have replaced all sound in the video with a man screaming "THIS IS NOT A MOBA" over and over, and had the same repeated in flashing marquee at the top and bottom of the video.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Minrad posted:

Also that new logo is pretty bad

it gives off the vibe of frito game logos.

:smith: Yeah, there's an imgur album showing off how it looks just like a Supercell (casual phone game studio) logo.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Not sure how I feel about the focus on 2v2

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
My main beef with it is that Guardian the pinball paladin can't possibly work in 2v2 and so is probably not going to make an appearance.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

HMS Boromir posted:

My main beef with it is that Guardian the pinball paladin can't possibly work in 2v2 and so is probably not going to make an appearance.

Dash resets on both friendly and enemy players :getin:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

It's said to be focused on 2v2 but it's confirmed that 3v3 will be available.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Foodchain posted:

Boy did they gently caress that trailer up. They really should have replaced all sound in the video with a man screaming "THIS IS NOT A MOBA" over and over, and had the same repeated in flashing marquee at the top and bottom of the video.

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlerite-is-the-spiritual-successor-to-bloodline-champions

PC Gamer posted:

"Remember Bloodline Champions? You know, the 2011 free-to-play Dota-styled MOBA"

It's happening. There's going to be people passing this game up without trying because they already feel invested into one of the other big MOBAs currently on the market. I still think Stunlock should should try their hardest to make it clear in all the marketing that this is not a MOBA.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

"Dota-styled moba"

What did they mean by this?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Remember Defense of the Ancients 2? You know, the 2013 Ragnarok Online-styled online game?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

as opposed to a league of legends-styled moba like smite i guess

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

as opposed to a minesweeper-styled moba

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
its like street fighter, the smash bros-styled-itemless-game.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Looks like Stunlock is doing some sort of cross promotion with The GD Studio.

If you back "Diabotical" at the £35 level, two copies of Battlerite plus early access on Sept 20 are included. I've added it to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ruzihm posted:

Looks like Stunlock is doing some sort of cross promotion with The GD Studio.

If you back "Diabotical" at the £35 level, two copies of Battlerite plus early access on Sept 20 are included. I've added it to the OP.

:psyduck:

it's like borderlands cranked to 110%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4T_gY1er5I

jfc

• Locked thread