Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wish i was a virgin with no mates so I could get in on this homoerotic win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
got knight, not bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat the water Crystal and stopped, after unlocking Red Mage. So now I have to always have at least one red Mage but I can switch anybody at any time to that class, right?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

I beat the water Crystal and stopped, after unlocking Red Mage. So now I have to always have at least one red Mage but I can switch anybody at any time to that class, right?

Yeah, which sucks, because you can't get White/Black/Time/Summoner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah red Mage has always seemed like a bad class to me ourside of bravely default. Just being a weak jack of all trades never seemed worth wasting a slot on

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

Yeah red Mage has always seemed like a bad class to me ourside of bravely default. Just being a weak jack of all trades never seemed worth wasting a slot on

It's kinda okay early game, but it's not like the early game is any trouble with knights anyway.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It is extremely strong in cases where you can dualcast high level magics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got Ninja for fire crystal, isnt this the OP class.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I got Ninja for fire crystal, isnt this the OP class.

it's real good bbut not super op unless you pull some other classes with it. most op class in the game is chemist because mix is fuckin broken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

it's real good bbut not super op unless you pull some other classes with it. most op class in the game is chemist because mix is fuckin broken

So far ive got ninja, knight and red mage. using two hand with ninja is weird because i can still equip two weapons? also i got team wiped in the library because everybody is lvl 15 lol

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

i got monk for the water crystal.

i'm not doing a monk again, that's just awful, so i let a friend choose what to job fair it with

he chose red mage

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtr4hud61zu35wg/ffv%20fjf%20handbook.txt i saw this on twitter and it has some hot tips if you get stuck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wish i was a virgin with no mates so I could get in on this homoerotic win.

gently caress yOU!

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

got summoner for my third job, so now my red mage might not be useless

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zom Aur posted:

got summoner for my third job, so now my red mage might not be useless

wrong but it wont matter

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

Fungah! posted:

wrong but it wont matter

i thought dualcast worked with summon?

my plan was basically to equip dualcast on the summoner and summon on the red mage, but that might not work, idk

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zom Aur posted:

i thought dualcast worked with summon?

my plan was basically to equip dualcast on the summoner and summon on the red mage, but that might not work, idk

nah dualcst is only white black nd maybe time. its probably still worth puttng summon on the red mage to pass over summoners magic score nd get someone else with summons but it doesnt realy matter, summon's insanely strong

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

Fungah! posted:

nah dualcst is only white black nd maybe time. its probably still worth puttng summon on the red mage to pass over summoners magic score nd get someone else with summons but it doesnt realy matter, summon's insanely strong

wow haha red mage really is poo poo then

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
bread mage

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zom Aur posted:

wow haha red mage really is poo poo then

yah, it's good if you get whm or blm but otherwise it's a dumpster class along with geomancer monk nd berserker

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

i know a guy like that

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

Fungah! posted:

yah, it's good if you get whm or blm but otherwise it's a dumpster class along with geomancer monk nd berserker

i had berserker one year, and i think it's kinda fun actually

the class is garbage, but it makes some of the fights more interesting where you might trigger a counter or things like that on some of the bosses

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

berserker'd be fine if the atb bug nd sandworm targeting were fixed and axes didnt suck rear end but as is theyre slow lovely morons

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

i chickened out and had my berserker pre-dead for the sandworm fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a red Mage but they don't do anything

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

They can break rods if you really need to i suppose. I killed the flame boss in two turns

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I got Bravely Second today and I think I will play that instead of this.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I have a red Mage but they don't do anything

they can cast protect

but not shell.

that's all they're good for if you don't have something else better that can doublecast

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the berserker targeting bug owns. berserkers are so pissed off that one of their random target choices during the sandworm fight is an event handler

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

the berserker targeting bug owns. berserkers are so pissed off that one of their random target choices during the sandworm fight is an event handler

lol

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

just beat the huge cannon, red mages actually made that fight much easier

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

i mean, they probably wont be much better than this for the rest of the game, but still

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

redm age is brutal strong for all of act 1 nd then falls off immediately nd catastrophically as soon as act 2 starts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

until you get level 4 spells theyre a white mage nd black mage that can equip real gear, the instant you do they're irredeemable trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive jsut used him as a back row heal bot but i also havent played since last week.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

Got ranger as my fourth job, so i think I'll give my knight rapid fire and then I'll probably have rapid fire and chicken knife on the ranger itself

Or once i get an extra aegis i could use equip shields on a second character maybe? That seems excessive though

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
The best four jobs are calculator, black mage, chemist, and monk. Oh yeah theres special ones too. Wrong game?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Finally got around to starting this. My first job is Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

rediscover posted:

Finally got around to starting this. My first job is Knight.

welcome to the club!

what kind of run did you go with?

• Locked thread