Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Zom Aur posted:

welcome to the club!

what kind of run did you go with?

a regular one i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Gah, my second job is red mage.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfo

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

rediscover posted:

Gah, my second job is red mage.

Lol that makes three of us

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the troll job

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i have a thing in RPGs where i always have to buy all the new gear and spells in each new town and if i don't have enough money i'll fast forward grind until i can buy all of it.. is it gonna make the game too easy if i do this. right now im pwning everything

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

rediscover posted:

i have a thing in RPGs where i always have to buy all the new gear and spells in each new town and if i don't have enough money i'll fast forward grind until i can buy all of it.. is it gonna make the game too easy if i do this. right now im pwning everything

I don't know, i don't think so. Knight at the start is just really strong

If you don't get any other mage jobs, don't bother buying spells after the stores that sell cura and fira, i don't think the red mage can use poo poo over that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knight Red Mage was my exact jobs too lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

level doesn't matter all that much unless you really go overboard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the only time i levelled in fanil fantasy 5 was when i had a party with all muliples of 5 for levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

the only time i levelled in fanil fantasy 5 was when i had a party with all muliples of 5 for levels

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also don't know if I got lucky with knight/ninja but it's pretty easy to just buy the latest gear and then attack your way through every boss. Scrolls are also powerful to throw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

third job is geomancer. which is seeming to be pretty rear end

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rediscover posted:

third job is geomancer. which is seeming to be pretty rear end

You're going to get Dragoon for your fourth class and complete the quadraforce of poo poo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

You're going to get Dragoon for your fourth class and complete the quadraforce of poo poo.

he didn't get monk lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Evil Eagle posted:

he didn't get monk lol

oh yeah

monk/red mage/geomancer/dragoon would be foullll

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drgoon's fine, id rather have it than dancer especially with monk/rdm/geomancer

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My party is chemist dancer geomancer dancer. thank god for the chemist

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

My party is chemist dancer geomancer dancer. thank god for the chemist

kill the o ther three off nd do a chemist scc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mean thats what the team is anyway, might as well make it official

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
out of all of the FF games they've rebooted, i've always wanted them to take another stab at the V class system ;(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They did, it's called Bravely Default and Bravely Second

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

ah... i don't have a DS

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is Bravely Second better than Default? I hated how Default pretty much gimped you if you switched to a new class. I felt like it had tons of cool toys it didn't want you playing with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well, they're great games to play if you get one down the road

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

Is Bravely Second better than Default? I hated how Default pretty much gimped you if you switched to a new class. I felt like it had tons of cool toys it didn't want you playing with

What? There's no penalty for switching classes in BD, and you gain JP at a really good rate. You can even just use the menu options to boost your gains and swap to grind mode if you wanted

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gaining job level increasedy our stats a bit in BD, but like a trivial amount of grinding got you back on par. BS doesnt have that afaik

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bravely second demo was awesome but I never picked up the full game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its good, the prologue nd chapter 1 are kind of boring though nd i havent gotten super into it the way i did with BD. new jobs are cool thogh

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

The bravely second demo was awesome but I never picked up the full game

I just got it but havent had time to start it because im playing kirby and rhythm heaven and reading Berserk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

:barf::negative:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really loved x-2's system though i wish there had been more power to get from shifting jobs mid-battle, it's a cool idea

gunner + songstress + songstress is also super busted early-to-midgame in a fun way

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The games finally starting to get a little hard. I just fought Archeoaevis in the sky ruins and he bout kicked the poo poo out of me. I won though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Final job is Dancer.. Is that good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've never played the game but dancer doesn't sound very powerful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm always a fan of having a bard or dancer in an RPG.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I've never played the game but dancer doesn't sound very powerful.

Oh well maybe you should just gently caress off and sniff some turds or whatever the hell it is you do when your not making lovely gay posts on this forum since ytou don't know what your talking about oh and your a loser.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm sorry. That was mean

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm always a fan of having a bard or dancer in an RPG.

Bard is supposed to be really good in this one

Dunno about dancer though, but they have swords dance that's supposed to be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

sword dance does like double damage and hits for like 1500 when faris actually uses it so it seems pretty sick to me

• Locked thread