Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive done this like every year for the past four years or somethng, it's super fun, praobably the best way to play 5 after your first playthrough. im probably not going to do it this year bbecause im feeling a bit burned out but its a loving blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if i do it it'll praobably be an unofficial run, tthey don't allow chaos with repeatng jobs for some reason nd that's my best bet for getting a really weird team comp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I've started V 3 times and get further each time but I've always played on a phone and I always stop because playing a ATB game on a phone kinda sucks, and it's super ugly. So now I'm gonna buckle up and play the GBA version. The furthest I've got is the Uhhh third crystal I believe but I don't actually know how long V is.

lol yeah the phone version csucks (e: whoops lol) rear end, its so bad. ive done all my runs on my gba version ive had for like ten years and ive worn to poo poo and back playing it

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 10, 2016

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Same.

I got red mage one year which sucks for me to have wasted, too.

rex mage is one of thew orst jobs in the game fwiw if you dont have white or black mage

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

My first job is chemist so I'm going to be jobless for a while. have fun with your knight in training.

god drat, grats on team earth crystal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

yeah about that...my third job is geomancer lol. soul cannon is going to be hell on earth

lol jesus thats rough. how'd that work, i though you were supposed to get the earliest jobs on the list first or somethng

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mean not that thts a bad thing here because freelancer is 9001x better than geomancer

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

What is the four job fiesta.

you play ff5 nd only get one job per crystal, and you have to have one person in every job you get the whole game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I got Ninja for fire crystal, isnt this the OP class.

it's real good bbut not super op unless you pull some other classes with it. most op class in the game is chemist because mix is fuckin broken

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zom Aur posted:

got summoner for my third job, so now my red mage might not be useless

wrong but it wont matter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zom Aur posted:

i thought dualcast worked with summon?

my plan was basically to equip dualcast on the summoner and summon on the red mage, but that might not work, idk

nah dualcst is only white black nd maybe time. its probably still worth puttng summon on the red mage to pass over summoners magic score nd get someone else with summons but it doesnt realy matter, summon's insanely strong

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zom Aur posted:

wow haha red mage really is poo poo then

yah, it's good if you get whm or blm but otherwise it's a dumpster class along with geomancer monk nd berserker

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

berserker'd be fine if the atb bug nd sandworm targeting were fixed and axes didnt suck rear end but as is theyre slow lovely morons

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

redm age is brutal strong for all of act 1 nd then falls off immediately nd catastrophically as soon as act 2 starts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

until you get level 4 spells theyre a white mage nd black mage that can equip real gear, the instant you do they're irredeemable trash

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drgoon's fine, id rather have it than dancer especially with monk/rdm/geomancer

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

My party is chemist dancer geomancer dancer. thank god for the chemist

kill the o ther three off nd do a chemist scc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i mean thats what the team is anyway, might as well make it official

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gaining job level increasedy our stats a bit in BD, but like a trivial amount of grinding got you back on par. BS doesnt have that afaik

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its good, the prologue nd chapter 1 are kind of boring though nd i havent gotten super into it the way i did with BD. new jobs are cool thogh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hes imo the hardest boss in the gme for most prties, really fun fight

• Locked thread