Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Stymie posted:

oh cool tim is tacitly admitting he wants to drop all pretense and make android phones

lmao

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
craig with the good hair

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Since they are basically making GBS threads all over Steve's legacy at this point I want them to embrace the Hackintosh platform and offer a PCIe mac personality card for generic UEFI pc motherboards.

Stick an Apple sound chip, Bluetooth/Wifi and SMC controller on it and let the user pick their own chipset, GPU and CPU. I bet one of their engineers could design that over a weekend.

Bonus points if they also forced Jony to design an ATX case to stick everything in :barf:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Triglav posted:

craig with the good hair

cupertino when the one more thing fell

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Agile Vector posted:

stebe and jony at the hotel

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

still want application specific accessibility options, like color inversion for imessage and others but not everything. idk if that's a thing, just now moving from a 4 to a 5s

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

carry on then posted:

stebe and jony at the hotel

While your star trek ref is epic as hell, the intesely fail OP you are quoting "craig with the good hair" is a reference to some intensely fail thing "beck with the good hair" which you can read about here http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/What-Does-Becky-Good-Hair-Mean-41062522#photo-41062522 please note i did not read. furthermore, im going to probate triglav again for missing the mark on being a YOSPOS culture fit, again.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OldAlias posted:

still want application specific accessibility options, like color inversion for imessage and others but not everything. idk if that's a thing, just now moving from a 4 to a 5s

im moving to a 5s myself friend

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

i just got an SE and its extremely needs suiting

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Smythe posted:

While your star trek ref is epic as hell, the intesely fail OP you are quoting "craig with the good hair" is a reference to some intensely fail thing "beck with the good hair" which you can read about here http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/What-Does-Becky-Good-Hair-Mean-41062522#photo-41062522 please note i did not read. furthermore, im going to probate triglav again for missing the mark on being a YOSPOS culture fit, again.

are you hating on queen bey, smythe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

article is way too long

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

yospos mod is racist af

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

are you hating on queen bey, smythe

Hating on the long article I read thanks to that fucjers fail post

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this sure is some bogus poo poo

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

teen bear posted:

my Mac SE/30 was great

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

teen bear posted:

the se owns

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

imessage on anroid doesnt make any sense unless they're gonna do payments

but even then it doesnt make up for selling more iphones

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

error1 posted:

Since they are basically making GBS threads all over Steve's legacy at this point I want them to embrace the Hackintosh platform and offer a PCIe mac personality card for generic UEFI pc motherboards.

Stick an Apple sound chip, Bluetooth/Wifi and SMC controller on it and let the user pick their own chipset, GPU and CPU. I bet one of their engineers could design that over a weekend.

Bonus points if they also forced Jony to design an ATX case to stick everything in :barf:

i would be in favour of this but i don't see the advantage of making it a personality card.
just sell an  ATX mono

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Smythe posted:

Hating on the long article I read thanks to that fucjers fail post

I didn't read the article either :(

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

imessage on anroid doesnt make any sense unless they're gonna do payments

but even then it doesnt make up for selling more iphones

$1 per month on android. services revenue is the new thing.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

triple sulk posted:

make craig ceo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
when is the keynote

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Apple will announce that iMessage encrypted text messaging is coming to Android users at WWDC next Monday at WWDC 2016, according to a source familiar with the company’s thinking."

they better not loving get blue bubbles

in memoriam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxf9tEXEKQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

when is the keynote

1PM today in the real time zone, 10 pacific

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

The Management posted:

$1 per month on android. services revenue is the new thing.

thats not enough money to make up for the iphones that would have been sold (and the iphone users retained). also paywalls for messaging or social networks is dumb and bad and puts a cap on growth

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
seems like a PR move to me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

thats not enough money to make up for the iphones that would have been sold (and the iphone users retained). also paywalls for messaging or social networks is dumb and bad and puts a cap on growth

whatsapp used to charge $1 per year and they're they biggest messaging network in the world.
the retention battle is mostly over. if you're dumb enough to switch from iOS to android today then iMessage is not what's stopping you. if this exists then iMessage is the Trojan horse to sell services to non-iOS users. getting all those android users on subscription, making more money for Apple than they do for Google on an annual basis must sound very appealing to tim.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

whatsapp paywall was incredibly leaky and they basically never had it in many markets, it was just free. and now that fb bought it they did the smart thing by getting rid of it. the whole point of social networks and messaging is to have a network effect, which doesn't happen when you place limits on it

imessage is still one of the stickiest services that apple has and plenty of people will never think of getting anything else cause of it. it's an incredibly valuable thing to throw away for incremental revenue from payments or stickers or whatever thing everyone else is doing to monetize their services. unless they have some new poo poo planned to further differentiate iphones that they can give away a major tent pole

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Management posted:

whatsapp used to charge $1 per year and they're they biggest messaging network in the world.
the retention battle is mostly over. if you're dumb enough to switch from iOS to android today then iMessage is not what's stopping you. if this exists then iMessage is the Trojan horse to sell services to non-iOS users. getting all those android users on subscription, making more money for Apple than they do for Google on an annual basis must sound very appealing to tim.

iMessage is mostly what keeps me on iOS regardless of whether or not I actually want to leave it, so yeah

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

they could sell iCloud with iMessage for android bundled.

also I wondering if you can still SMS from your Mac with an android. or SMS from iMessage for android.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

bring pusheen stickers to iMessage, imo

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lmao iMessage is texting with blue bubbles you plebs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

they could sell iCloud with iMessage for android bundled.

also I wondering if you can still SMS from your Mac with an android. or SMS from iMessage for android.

that plus their music app on android, with the migration tool they released as a transition point once they get you in the gate. it's certainly a way to engage a market that would never switch in the first place, switched away and don't want to fully come back, or can't afford a full device but want the features. including facetime it would also push into microsoft's territory wrt skype without directly confronting them

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

just dont try to onenote it up apple, ms has you beat in that field and no amount of bolted on features in notes.app will solve that

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
light the incense

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

is zynga gonna announce more layoffs during the keynote

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My chosen fragrance is oceanfront, which is yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i just remembered that beats one was a thing

• Locked thread