Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Li Dawny posted:

Also, why are some of you not in Banjo Kazooie?

I'm saving myself for Prom.

Also I'm prepping a big game atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game all. Thanks for running Li Dawny! Don't quit us, and you should give modding another go if you ever feel like it! You're a good player and I thought the modding was fine.

Even if you let them gut sweet ariel so early on. :allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As a spectator this was a rough game, but sometimes scum just wreck town. Don't lose hope, Li Dawny! Modding is fun, and you clearly put a good chunk of work into this game with all the flavor.

Also I have to admit I really like dongsbot's anti-lurker rule tweak suggestion (and have ever since he brought it up in Warriors) and am mulling over using it for Shine II. Thank you for that!

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

This was a fun game, wish we had gone with inifinitum instead of dong.

I really had second thoughts about dong right at the end there, figured he would probably be town.

We should have lynched infinitum and also tomm. We needed less lurkers

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Thanks for running the game dawny. Hope you stick around :)

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

One of my anti-lurker rules is the people who had the lowest post count for the day are able to be killed in the night by scum and the scum can't be blocked by night actions if they target those people.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Li Dawny, just wanted to say that the first game I ran on this site was terrible, everybody hated and I was really miserable about it.

Now I still run terrible games everybody hates but I've learned to love it.

Not sure exactly what happened here but I heard something went wrong and you're considering never playing or running a game again. I'd stick to it if it's something you enjoy, you'll figure things out.

Also, players are terrible and whatever happened it was absolutely their fault.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

MG3 posted:

One of my anti-lurker rules is the people who had the lowest post count for the day are able to be killed in the night by scum and the scum can't be blocked by night actions if they target those people.

antilurker rules should help town. lurkering is pro-scumbo, whether its scumbo trying to lurk to victory or the town who are trying to play teh game struggling to get a read on the game since no one will post. my thought process behind making lurkers free lynch is that it gives info to town but in a gamey way rather than a "boom this guy ded" way and in a way that scum can try to obfuscate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MG3 posted:

Yeah but that's practically a Gentlemen's Agreement to do that. If those kills were untrackable it might be enticing.. but then scum would just keep NK'ing the lowest posters every night.

We lynch'd Dongs, then NK'd you because you 2 were onto us. If we had NK'd CCK or SSV then we would have had to contend with you gunning for us straight up.
I get what your saying, and I really truly loving hate lurking, but you can't really expect scum not to take the best course of action for us to win. We weren't expecting or planning to win via the hated mechanic, but there it was and we had the numbers to pull it off.

I'm planning a game atm and I'll be implementing the antilurking rules again, but I might make them incredibly debilitating to lurkers.
Don't make 10 posts a day, you'll only take 2 votes to lynch.
20 alive with 11 votes to lynch? I'll add 9 anonymous votes to them. :getin:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

dongsbot 9000 posted:

antilurker rules should help town. lurkering is pro-scumbo, whether its scumbo trying to lurk to victory or the town who are trying to play teh game struggling to get a read on the game since no one will post. my thought process behind making lurkers free lynch is that it gives info to town but in a gamey way rather than a "boom this guy ded" way and in a way that scum can try to obfuscate

You know what else is pro scumbo though? Tunneling random townies for no reason

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Well if you have scum that are lurking then they can't take advantage of the untraceable, unblockable kill. So it would make sure the scum don't lurk and their reward for not lurking is getting a free NK from a lurker.

Town lurkers are, more often than not, VT.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You know what else is pro scumbo though? Tunneling random townies for no reason

:hfive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqv6lNirIM

Thanks for blocking me 2 nights in a row AN.
Ya bum!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i honestly cant believe ppl are accusing me of tunneling b/c i tried to get a lynch on tpink when there was half an hour remaining on day 2

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like sorry for playing the game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like sorry for playing the game

Thank you for playing the game so we could spin the narrative :hfive:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tpinks literal only posts day 2 where a scummy post when i declared my sus for him, "oh god why are there votes on me", and "eh i dont know whos scum, sorry i cant help"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To be fair I think town played an all around sloppy game. Like I'm not pointing fingers or anything or having a go at anyone, just stating that scum had the advantage from a play style perspective.

We hit D4 without one of us getting lynched, so were were in prime position for the win regardless.

When I made my 'cases' for everyone half of them were pretty genuine reads.

quote:

Absurd Revolver - Is casing properly and playing the game. Pushing players for information when needed, has questioned pretty much everyone, and is probably town.

AnonymousNarcotics - Currently mad at people lurking, which is funny cause she's been doing a lot of it herself lately. Can't tell if faux angry about weekend non-posting, but there has been a lot of content generated by other users.. so it comes off as disingenuous. Basically has provided no commentary herself other than mad luv for my reworked lyrics, and a handful of throw away comments. Currently voting dongs, which I'm inclined to agree with. Hard to read, but is primarily lurking on the sidelines. Neutral read, leaning town at this point in time.

CCKeane - Jokey McThrow-Away-Post-Face. Has literally 2 posts with more than 1 line in it. Playing super light and not really adding anything. Meta-read would be potentially town? Hard to tell.

Dongsbot - I've made my case for him before. Bussed 2 townies super hard, soft claiming Maleficent. Current pick for Prime Scumspect #1.

Flerp - Survived a D1 push by the skin of his teeth. Has claimed Rapunzel. Avoided D1 lynch then voted to have Town-Adahn lynched afterwards. Null read, probably town at this point, but I'm still a bit suss on him.

MG3 - Probably Prime Scumspect #2 for me. Hasn't added anything of value to the game, didn't pay attention to the sign-up rules. Latching onto a lot of 'awkward' posts of mine and trying to spin them as scum. Currently tunneling me hard, probably scumbro with Dongs.

SirSamVimes - Getting a town read from his posts from a meta perspective. I know Scumvimes and this ain't it. Has claimed VT + Tiana when pressured (Which is why I also unvoted as I believed him and didn't want to see him get lynched) Currently voting AN for whining, which seems fair, but everyone has been lurking a bit this game so I dunno.

Tommunist - Lowest posts in game of the currently alive players. Lurking super loving hard and has added nothing of value. Not sure if he has posted enough to avoid the anti-lurking rules and might actually be modkilled soon. Null read as he hasn't posted anything game related, but would vote to get rid of a non-participant.

I didn't post a lot this game, and that'll be a meta thing I'll need to change next time I'm scum to avoid getting lynched on that.
AR genuinely did play a good solid 'town' game casing everyone.
Tomm was a super lurker. Came in drunk over the weekend and ended up hated for it. I probably would have talked about it in scumdoc and bussed him to the lynch if the hated mechanic didn't come into play.

AN, CCK and MG3 were all lurking, jokeposting or not adding game related content. Super easy to spin narratives on them if we wanted to. MG3 came good D4 tho and had to die~

SSV and Flerp were easily the most 'town' of town, but weren't pushing cases actively.

Dongs you are a sneaky fucker that jokes and then actually plays really well, so you were a target we had to get lynched. So sorry mate~

Everybody else.. sorry you all sucked and got lynched and NK'd~

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I was claiming Anna all game long as well. She's not a 'main' Princess princess.

Said in the op flavour was important and noone picked up on it, probably because I played it straight.

:shrug:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jesus no one cares

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fight me irl

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I had a scum read on infinitum for like 2 or 3 days but no one would react to it or really post their thoughts on him.

I didn't expect AR to be scum.

Tommunist got caught by keane imo but then keane left.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

MG3 posted:

I had a scum read on infinitum for like 2 or 3 days but no one would react to it or really post their thoughts on him.

I didn't expect AR to be scum.

Tommunist got caught by keane imo but then keane left.

im so good at reading absurd its dirty

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Inifinitum if you wanna get better at scum, not saying you played badly this game at all, then check out your unvote of whoever after they claimed VT. That kind of reaction to a VT claim makes no sense at all.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Sorry for lurking, I've been busier then I thought I'd be. I got one of the puppies named infinitum tho.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tommunist posted:

Sorry for lurking, I've been busier then I thought I'd be. I got one of the puppies named infinitum tho.

Holy gently caress send it to me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Because I play a reaction based game, it's so hard for me to play when other people aren't. Then it's all :ironicat: when I complain about people lurking

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im just rly bad at the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am not good at mafs and I played particularly badly this game. I was suspecting inf towards the end but by then it was too late.

• Locked thread