Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gitaroo man, Acecombat Unsung War, FInal Fantasy 12,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should play the ace combat and DmC PS2 games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wild arms 3 (get 1 ify ou can too), dark cloud 2, rogue galaxy, the first two katamari games, mgs2+3 ify ou havent played them somehow, suikoden 3+5 (dont touch 4, it's rear end)

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Space Channel 5.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I should play the ace combat and DmC PS2 games

Ace Combat 4 is amazing

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ring of Red, dude.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Ace Combat 4 is amazing

all 3 are

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

NBA Street Vol. 2 is my favorite sports game ever

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
SSX 3 and Tricky were great.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

owl milk posted:

SSX 3 and Tricky were great.

i played probably 100 hours of tricky. it owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i never got to play dmc3 and the proper remake never got released on PC. i should just pick up a ps2 and a crt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fun story my gf at the time surprised me with the completely broken pc version on steam before refunds were a thing and I never had the heart to tell her she threw away 20 dollars cause i couldnt even get it to start

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

any PS1 game
MGS 2+3
ZoE 2
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Red Dead Revolver
Street Fighter Anniversary
Katamari

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I already know that Suikoden V, Dark Cloud 1/2 and Shadow Hearts are imp-approved but what else should I get?

dark cloud 1 and 2 are cool but they're also pretty lovely

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i never got to play dmc3 and the proper remake never got released on PC. i should just pick up a ps2 and a crt

there are mods for pc dmc3 that make up for the crappy port, and can also add in-mission style switching

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

In Training posted:

The Jak and Daxter games are fun, even if the 2nd and 3rd ones get a little weird and poorly structured.

they're all preetty crappy games but jak 2 is really hilariously awful. jak 3 is okay

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Shadow of the Colossus, Burnout 3, Tourist Trophy, Katamari Damacy, Rez, and a whole bunch of really early less-refined iterations of the same games we're playing now. Find out how bad a first person shooter can be with your new PS2!

i live in brazil so it came already iwth that feature

Congratulations on finally upgrading your Sega Master System.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OH yeah Rez is great

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rez ftl

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yakuza.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Seconding God Hand and Way of the Samurai

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Forgot about the Spiderman games, 2 and Ultimate were pretty fun. Never played 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Armored Core 2 + 3, Ring of Red (:twisted:), God Hand, ZoE, MGS 2 and 3, Ace Combats, GT3 and GT4, Tokyo Extreme Racer games.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 13, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Okami

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

owl milk posted:

Forgot about the Spiderman games, 2 and Ultimate were pretty fun. Never played 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

3 was bad. it had qte

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spider Man 2 is awesome, I didn't know ultimate was on ps2 I had it for GameCube. Playing as venom is really fun but I remember there being some brutal button mash parts at the end

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if you can find a copy of suikoden v that isnt ridiculously overpriced, I think its the best jrpg of the ps2 era and I know saying that will piss many a gamer off but the truth hurts

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
gently caress actually its behind the SMT games but I always think of those for being for vita and poo poo since they ported all the personas over. suikoden v still owns though and is only behind them in greatness

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
PS2 feels are godlike

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i was a gamecube kid and while i had a lot of excellent poo poo growing up now i feel like i lost a lot of good stufff...!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i was a gamecube kid and while i had a lot of excellent poo poo growing up now i feel like i lost a lot of good stufff...!!!

You missed the greatest generation

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I dunno how real fighting game fans feel about it, but Virtua Fighter 4 is one of my fav ps2 games you can't get on other systems

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zas posted:

I dunno how real fighting game fans feel about it, but Virtua Fighter 4 is one of my fav ps2 games you can't get on other systems

vf4 is art

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

actually I guess it's on PSN in other regions but not NA? wtf?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zas posted:

I played an insane amount of VF4 with friends in high school. The arena with all the snow that deforms in real time as you move around blew my goddamn mind

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Virtua Fighter 4 was incredibly sick

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I completely forgot about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Play those.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

mysterious loyall X posted:

front mission 5 with the translation patch

Lots of win found here though you really should play 1-4 (at least 1-3) beforehand. 2 was supposed to have a patch as well but the website for the guys that did 5 and were doing 2 is gone :/

Also play Sly 2 and Sly 3.

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
GODHAND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is also legit

• Locked thread