Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kainser posted:

ICR is basically just a yellow kelp

i usually fixed typos and mistakes that i made in the op though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

it's almost like you made a huge mistake handing the guild over to a mentally unwell cult leader KELP

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

NotALizardman posted:

it's almost like you made a huge mistake handing the guild over to a mentally unwell cult leader KELP
but i didn't hand it over to you, i gave it to icr

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gibbering Madness posted:

The Marvel Heroes thread is an intense battleground for goonpinions. There is a constant war of words, with opposing sides drawn up: Sheetz vs. Wawa, GURLS vs. boys, shitposters vs. even shittier shitposters. To capture the scale of opinions expressed in the previous Marvel Heroes thread, I conducted an analysis of the top 19 posters' contributions. Relative word usage was used to locate these posters within the Marvel Heroes conflict dimension.

Fig. 1 shows words most frequently used by posters on the left and right. To the left we have posters who are more focused on derailing the thread with O forums and gaz drama, with references to "Gurls", "Ryan Collins", "Cerneris" and "HoldMyOwn". In addition, these posters are more concerned with having a good time, using fun and positive words such as "racon", "congratulations", "yay", "creative", and "director". On the right, we have more boring posters focused on game mechanics and items, referring to bosses, enemies and zones, such as "Mr. Sinister", "Heimdal", "HOD" and "Midtown Madness". Furthermore, posters on the right are more likely to refer to the "whitelist", and use words with a negative connontation such as "abuse", and "garbo". Despite their differences, both sides of the Marvel Heroes conflict space used words such as "post", "game", "good", "cosmic", and "god".

Fig. 1

In terms of how posters are positioned within the space of the Marvel Heroes conflict dimension (Fig. 2), there are some clear trends. Sun God Avatar and Gibbering Madness are placed far to the left, obviously being cool posters who like to have a good time. On the right, we have a close grouping of less interesting, more gameplay focused posters such as Drythe, Lux Aeterna, Dick Spacious CPA and Ghostlight. Soothing Vapors and Mover inhabit the most center of the conflict dimension, finding a good balance between boring and fun.

Fig. 2

In conclusion, let's do our best to make this new thread as awesome as the last one.
Congratul - creativ derail, gurl.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ghostlight posted:

Congratul - creativ derail, gurl.
Game good. Cosmic, racon gurl! ;-*

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I was made the leader because I am active and I earned it by having a very nice ttk.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I need to check my second account but I'm like 99% sure that you get the SHIELD team-up as soon as you finish The Raft. So you might wanna fix the OP.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thank you for that.

Kelp, know your role and fix that OP sir!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

but i didn't hand it over to you, i gave it to icr

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I guess I should be happy that the OP isn't some giant gallery of anime girl faces that is only decipherable to pedophiles.

Thanks Kelp!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Thank you for that.

Kelp, know your role and fix that OP sir!

You literally get him like 2 minutes into the Raft apparently. Just got him and I haven't fought the Goblin.. You also get a Credit Rush bar before you finish.

EDIT - lmao you don't get 400 eternity splinters until day 7 now, so you have to wait a week before deciding who to unlock (if you random two heroes). Otherwise, no big deal.

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 13, 2016

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Never cosmic. This is for you Punchy.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So many new yellow characters. Bravo to all. This is how you start off a new thread. Banana juice, Wawa, facts of fun and cosmic todays.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

jujojoh posted:

This makes me a PROUD Wolverine player!!! Makes me want to cosmic him too, but nah, not really.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Cosmic never. Buff Doreen today!

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!
I've got Captain Colonel Ms C.S.J. Danvers-Marvel and Ant-Man cosmiced and not yet on The List.

a big fat bunny posted:

In honor of this momentous occasion, I had the foresight to already start Emma on her cosmic journey. All Hail Sun King!

Me too :hfive:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Erdricks posted:

Needs to be on the first page, alas

i got you.

Kelp Plankton posted:

i usually fixed typos and mistakes that i made in the op though

i even told him about a broken tag and it's still broken.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria cosmic.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.

jujojoh posted:

I'm glad my "Thanks cake bukake!" comment got replies that are immortalized in this picture. (I got a ult token).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

punchymcpunch posted:

Pro patria cosmic.
Is it a coincidence that Wilfred Owen's poem "Futility" mentions the sun in its very first line? I think not. :cosmic2day:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

punchymcpunch posted:

Pro patria cosmic.

this is one of the stranger YMCA parodies ive seen, kind of hard to fit it to the tune

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

this is one of the stranger YMCA parodies ive seen, kind of hard to fit it to the tune

Welp, now I can't unsee it, thanks a bunch!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I got kicked for inactivity, so ThorTwenty needs an invite.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy poo poo we gotta invent top name user ThorTwenty back in. Crucial guys.

Welcome back sir.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Grinning Goblin posted:

I guess I should be happy that the OP isn't some giant gallery of anime girl faces that is only decipherable to pedophiles.

Thanks Kelp!

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

I wish I could remove my name from the yellow stupid-mans-who-cosmic'd list.

Alas, you cosmic one time, you're a dirty cosmic-haver forever.

Thanks, Juggernaut.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Have they added anything since the release of the Danger Room? Or even changed the Danger Room up at all? I vaguely remember it being like most Marvel Heroes which was "shows potential, but it's in Marvel Heroes so it's wasted potential".

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Do any of the newer team-ups do enough to be worth getting while they're on sale or can I just keep on rolling with Clea for life?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Stick with what you got Prel.

Oct 28, 2003

Pierson posted:

Have they added anything since the release of the Danger Room? Or even changed the Danger Room up at all? I vaguely remember it being like most Marvel Heroes which was "shows potential, but it's in Marvel Heroes so it's wasted potential".

There's a new danger room tournament thing that actually seems like a one shot. It's pretty much the same aside from that.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Expanding upon my previous analysis of posts in the previous Marvel Heroes thread, I turned to a further investigation of the relation between how boring a poster is and their number of cosmic heroes. Using ICR’s list of yellowmans as data (regrettably low reliability), I ran a simple linear regression between these two variables. A highly statistically significant regression equation was found (p < .01), showing a negative relation between the number of cosmic heroes and how boring a poster is. For each cosmic yellowman, a given poster becomes .036 more fun; for example, in the fun (negative) vs. boring (positive) scale, ICR had a score of -2.7 while Drythe had a score of 1.2. There are of course some outliers: Kainsern has a high number of cosmics, but is not very fun. This can be explained due to the fact that he is a cosmic cheater with several level 1 heroes. In conclusion, the more you have cosmiced, the cooler and funner you are: cosmic today!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Immensely proud of myself that I have still never prestiged

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I will never be shamed into apologising for not posting oforums bullshit.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wow check out how boring I am! So, what, I should loosen my tie?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I need to get back in on this. loving Overwatch killing my daily video game time. It's been to long already..... ::::::SNUFF:::::::

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I am certain that the DR tournament is sponsored by Church of Purification.

Nothing quite lends weight to the argument that one is subhuman filth that has no right to exist like failing to break into top 50%.

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
Just geared up Ghost Rider a bit after not touching him for 2 years. Went for that mental damage build and ended up with 76% mental crit when I turn on SoV, this guy is actually pretty awesome.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Please don't level 1 cosmic shame.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Is there a point to lvling the weapon and gear vendors? I just finished getting the enchanter and crafter to lvl 20 and I'm about finaly getting some money until I remembered that those guys exists too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Nope, start getting cash

• Locked thread