Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh my God stop leaking poo poo this was my personal vacation, everything is going to poo poo and knowing that people get to ruin E3 for themselves early is just pissing me off more

Not possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Trailer and release date for Dishonored 2:

Bethesda you already pulled that trick, it's not even .11 anymore.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Phi230 posted:

Every Bioware game since ME1/DA has been poo poo since their entire creative and writing team has left.

I don't think there is a single person left at bioware who was involved with any of their good games

Did you not play ME2 and Inquisition?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

ME2 is good, Inquisition is bad.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sinners Sandwich posted:

ME2 is bad and

Andrast posted:

, Inquisition is bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A VN we might be hearing more about soon (old video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YnQuhHZ1aI

Father Wendigo posted:

I haven't, mind linking? I love a good tire fire. Speaking of which...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opOdFKObpeM

Orv
May 4, 2011

The only good modern Bioware game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Trailer and release date for Dishonored 2:

Delilah's back?

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 12, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Phi230 posted:

ME2 is bad and

Present evidence. ME2 is, as it turns out, good.

Inquisition is bad though, yes.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

Present evidence. ME2 is, as it turns out, good.

Inquisition is bad though, yes.

ME2 lacked the world building and atmosphere of 1, replacing it for soulless, shallow action movie plot

ME1 was star trek mixed with 24. ME2 was forgettable action movie of the week

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phi230 posted:

ME2 lacked the world building and atmosphere of 1, replacing it for soulless, shallow action movie plot

On the other hand ME2 is actually fun to play unlike 1.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Phi230 posted:

ME2 is nothing but world building. It basically jettisons the plot for 80% of the game and focuses on the areas and races that we didn't get to see in the first game. That's why I put it on equal footing with 1, even though a lot about it is weaker.

ME1 is like a Star Trek movie, ME2 is like a Star Trek series. Both are good.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

ME2 is nothing but world building. It basically jettisons the plot for 80% of the game and focuses on the areas and races that we didn't get to see in the first game. That's why I put it on equal footing with 1, even though a lot about it is weaker.

ME1 is like a Star Trek movie, ME2 is like a Star Trek series. Both are good.

ME2 showed us poo poo. The writing was awful but compared to most Bioware games afterwards I guess its ok.

What was the point of shep dying and coming back to life? To shoehorn in some visibility to your morality meter?

Loyalty missions were ok, most were boring. If you completed the missions they lived for some reason at the end.

Miranda was literally a sex object

Orv
May 4, 2011
You're not big into the biotic bitch?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't understand how anyone is excited for more Titanfall.

Like the first game wasn't terrible or anything, it was actually rather fun the few times I played it at a friend's. But it never seemed liked it was worth buying a console for, and the PC version was deader than poo poo last I heard.

Titanfall was one of those games people cared about because of its console exclusivity, and that turned out to not mean anything. It's a game that just sorta exists, occasionally brought up when another game includes a mechanic similar to one of its own and then gets promptly forgotten by most people when the conversation moves on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ME1 was a pretty mediocre game, it was okay at best, but it felt really big and cool because of the story and the exploration. ME2 was a legitimately good game with fun combat and a story that kept things moving and everything felt really solid even if the writing was still not amazing. ME3 was ME2 but with a weird ending, the rest of the game was still good.

ME1 is unplayably bland and slow these days it aged horribly, but it was good at the time. The other two are pretty solid except for ME3's weird ending. ME2 still owns

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The guns felt like poo poo in ME2 so I stopped after a couple of hours

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

On the other hand ME2 is actually fun to play unlike 1.

ME1 was an RPG and ME2 was a dumb shooter, different strokes i guess

Orv
May 4, 2011

fivegears4reverse posted:

Like the first game wasn't terrible or anything, it was actually rather fun the few times I played it at a friend's. But it never seemed liked it was worth buying a console for, and the PC version was deader than poo poo last I heard.

Titanfall was one of those games people cared about because of its console exclusivity, and that turned out to not mean anything. It's a game that just sorta exists, occasionally brought up when another game includes a mechanic similar to one of its own and then gets promptly forgotten by most people when the conversation moves on.

Titanfall had the best movement in a shooter in a long, long time and wrapped an okay Modern Warfare 2 clone around it. People are excited for more Titanfall because Respawn came out and said "Yeah we understand that it's basically just a COD game in space, we'll work on that" so hopefully they've doubled down on the sci-fi stuff for guns and equipment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Phi230 posted:

Every Bioware game since ME1/DA has been poo poo since their entire creative and writing team has left.

I don't think there is a single person left at bioware who was involved with any of their good games

the mass effect games are still good. apart from the ending of 3 and various other issues. dragon age are clearly the C team.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Sorry, I didn't realize that RPG is synonymous with "poo poo gameplay".

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
da2 is the only bad game they made lately

also what were the shoehorned gay characters in me2

people always accuse bioware of doing that but never explain

is this the "there must be a deep narrative reason or else its pandering" meme

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Why was Inquisition bad? I havn't played the dlcs yet so I ducked my head down but I thought it was a really solid game and up there with ME2 and 3

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Inquisition was good, just still not as good as DA1.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why was Inquisition bad? I havn't played the dlcs yet so I ducked my head down but I thought it was a really solid game and up there with ME2 and 3

Combat is sub-MMO quality and (almost) all of the sidequests are loving garbage. The main story is also pretty bad.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Dragon Age 1 is one of the most boring games I've ever played

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Alpha Protocol is the best Mass Effect game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I never played much Titanfall but one thing I liked about it is how apologetically "sci-fi" its maps looked. Like, modern day COD's still going for the "near future" look even though it's in space.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Is that Peter Cullen as the titan voice?

Orv
May 4, 2011

HMS Boromir posted:

Dragon Age 1 is one of the most boring games I've ever played

Accordion Man posted:

Alpha Protocol is the best Mass Effect game.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

RottenK posted:

da2 is the only bad game they made lately

also what were the shoehorned gay characters in me2

people always accuse bioware of doing that but never explain

is this the "there must be a deep narrative reason or else its pandering" meme

I've given it some thought and the only thing outside of Asari's that I can remember is your yeoman Kelly Chambers who you could pursue a half baked romance as a female character. If there are any other gay characters, they are in the background

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Phi230 posted:

As someone that loves both RPGs and shooters (shooters are not dumb, it is you who is dumb), ME2's gameplay was far better than 1's. Just, objectively speaking.

I'd have loved ME2 to have been a full on RPG, but only if it was a good one.

No one played the ME series for its gameplay anyway.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I've given it some thought and the only thing outside of Asari's that I can remember is your yeoman Kelly Chambers who you could pursue a half baked romance as a female character. If there are any other gay characters, they are in the background

Why do gay characters have to be shoehorned? Are the gay people we know shoehorned into reality? Am I the shoe or are they?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Accordion Man posted:

Delilah's back?

I think that they're basing the sequel off the low chaos ending for the original game, where you spared everybody. They said their decision for doing so was because they found that to be the most interesting outcome.

fivegears4reverse posted:

People are excited because the first game was one of the most enjoyable and well-crafted multiplayer shooters ever made. It's up there with Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm interested in Titanfall 2 but only because the idea of a mech based campaign game appeals to me. I don't know poo poo about the first one though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ME2 was actually the worst in that respect because there were no gay characters or romance options except the random female crew member you could have a quickie with and didn't even count as a romance option.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
me1 was better than 2.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Liu posted:

me1 was better than 2.

In some ways yes. In others no.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

I'm interested in Titanfall 2 but only because the idea of a mech based campaign game appeals to me. I don't know poo poo about the first one though.

do you own an Xbox 360?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SUNKOS posted:

People are excited because the first game was one of the most enjoyable and well-crafted multiplayer shooters ever made. It's up there with Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament.

If it was up there with either one of those games, it'd have a playerbase on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

smell this posted:

do you own an Xbox 360?

Not after my second one RROD'd in 2009 or so, no.

• Locked thread