Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's pretty sad that Catalyst doesn't look much better than this original game that is 7 years old now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Why would you need to spend ungodly amounts of money training PMCs to parkour when you could easily just off these runners with some snipers?

I mean the police already have choppers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If they didn't already use multiple helicopters with machine guns already I'd buy that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

How far are we now percentage wise? 60%?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jade Star posted:

Krieg was never shown as dead, and maybe the sequel would be about training Kate to live as a fugitive runner. And there's plenty of space to introduce more characters and add more lore and backstory to it. There's a lot of room to make up a lot of cool story and people and bits in the background of Mirrors Edge City setting.
I agree with the criticism that the story ultimately fails to make good use of its setting as a police state. That doesn't come into play as much as it should. I get the impression that they were a little more focused on the gameplay than the story when making this game since it was a much different game than had been seen before.

The plot isn't much different than your average 'fugitive story' or 'wrongly accused running from the police' deal. The background is incidental.

It does seem like a pretty bleak ending though, since for all appearances the Runners are either dead or working for the government (other than Faith). Callaghan gets what he wants at the end because he gets to frame Faith and her sister for the violence at the Shard being some kind of plot against the City. It makes the Runners look bad again.

• Locked thread