Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Saw it, it's a giallo in 2016, I'm down with that.

Apart from the obvious italian horror vibe, it's sort of like Starry Eyes, only not poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I can definitely understand why people in Cannes were shouting onanista and gently caress you Liv at the screen. I don't mind cinematic masturbation but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Dunno, free movies? Do you pay to be there or is do you get a free pass?

Anyways, thinking about it, is there any real indication that Keanu Reeves is anything but a fine, upstanding citizen of LA? While it's implied that it's him who assaults the girl next door, isn't it more likely that it's the fashion witches eating her? The only scummy thing he does is blame the protagonist for leaving the door open and letting vermin in, which to be fair is a lovely thing to do as a tenant. He does hilariously take the piss out of the pedo boyfriend by telling him about an even younger girl he could prey on, and fucks him out of a lot of money that he would otherwise spend on trying to have sex with children.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

PopZeus posted:

Uh, the whole knife/throat scene??

That was a nightmare she had before someone tried to get into her room, no?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

THORIUM posted:

I'm not well versed on witchcraft. What else could be considered to be in that category other than the cannibalism thing? I really enjoyed the visuals and the score was goddamn amazing. The Sun / Moon imagery was very interesting.

And is cannibalism something that witches practice or something? hosed up if true.

Witches live in weird giallo houses.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

THORIUM posted:

Witches aren't hot as poo poo and they don't take lezzy showers together, blood covered or not.

Um excuse me

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Ahaha I just learned Refn is colourblind.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

King Vidiot posted:

I got to thinking about that part after watching it today, and I thought that there was a possibility that that wasn't actually Keanu assaulting her, it was the photographer that Jesse snubbed earlier.

Yes, we see Keanu assaulting Jesse in a dream just before that but in the dream he quietly unlocks the door with the key he has. Compare that to how it occurs in reality, the intruder struggles with just the lock on the knob, and then Jesse goes to latch the deadbolt which was not latched. If it were Keanu, then he'd have quietly unlocked the non-deadbolted door or at least tried his key first before struggling with the doorknob.

It wasn't necessarily the photographer but I don't think it was Keanu either.

I had the same thought , there's really no indication that Keanu is doing anything wrong. The photographer doesn't seem like a violent predator, so my guess is random cannibal fashion witch.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
A weird man made this movie so everything should be interpreted as very sexist, oh wait lots of women were involved, better give it the benefit of the doubt then, no wait the guy says weird things so the movie sucks cause its sexist - a presumably paid reviewer of movies

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
You wanna hear something really embarrassing? I thought the girl in the final scene who replaced the other model was Ruby, so invigorated by the cannibalism that she could outshine any barely-twenty model. Made perfect thematic sense to me until I realized it's the same actress as before. And redhead Jena Malone is my waifu anyways.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
And it did.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I cry every time asianface matrixman shoots the fascist coppers, and all the scenes with Slash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
It's ok to dislike a movie.

• Locked thread