Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BillmasterCozb posted:

well its just the reveal trailer of scalebound, and after the new DOOM turned out to be the opposite of Duke Nukem Forever, I've learned not to judge a game harshly by its reveal trailer/fake gameplay

still lolling that there was no unedited, always run, PC single player footage until less than a week before launch and it was nvidia that did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ended up missing every single conference today, were any of them worth watching or should I just look up a summary?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Augus posted:

What the actual gently caress are you talking about?

Agree that Scalebound looks like poo poo though

I dunno, I never was really grabbed by the gameplay of any of the DMC games - I only played the first two, though. It felt like 3D CastleVania to me. That's not to say I didn't like them - I did! - but I dunno. It didn't feel deep, gameplay-wise. Style over substance. Just my opinion. Scalebound looks hella boring, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Well poo poo, that's interesting. Is that going to be retroactive, too, like Halo 5 and stuff? Or is it just going forward?

But yeah I also don't expect a whole lot out of Microsoft-run gaming services. I remember GFWL.

The two games people really want, Halo 5 and Forza 6, aren't coming to Windows 10. :/

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DMC was a little restrained by its resident evil roots, but 3 and 4 (not kamiya games, mind) and Bayonetta have lots of stuff to them

e: DMC2 was a garbage trashfire that capcom rushed right out the door when DMC1 sold

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I want to like Kamiya and his games based on his twitter alone but scalebound mostly just makes me feel really, really bad for him

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The two games people really want, Halo 5 and Forza 6, aren't coming to Windows 10. :/

Oh, well. I can live with that.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ended up missing every single conference today, were any of them worth watching or should I just look up a summary?

Sony's was basically non-stop gameplay and trailers with very little talking, if you just wanna watch some trailers and game reveals. The rest you should probably look up summaries for because there's the usual marketing monologues and awkward "guy standing on a stage pretending to have fun" stuff.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I want to like Kamiya and his games based on his twitter alone but scalebound mostly just makes me feel really, really bad for him

His last two games (Bayonetta and Wonderful 101) were really good. Scalebound just doesn't look very Platinum/Kamiya to me. There's been a distinct lack of interesting-looking combat and combos and I feel like they'd have shown that off by now if that's what the game was going to be like.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 14, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Gonna be honest, that RE7 trailer piqued my interest right the hell up.

I didn't think Capcom was still capable of that kind of style.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Are they delaying the Bone S because of the warehouses full of old bones they have still?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harrow posted:

Sony's was basically non-stop gameplay and trailers with very little talking, if you just wanna watch some trailers and game reveals. The rest you should probably look up summaries for because there's the usual marketing monologues and awkward "guy standing on a stage pretending to have fun" stuff.

His last two games (Bayonetta and Wonderful 101) were really good. Scalebound just doesn't look very Platinum/Kamiya to me. There's been a distinct lack of interesting-looking combat and combos and I feel like they'd have shown that off by now if that's what the game was going to be like.

Kamiya, Clover, and Platinum have made some very good non-character action games. I'm hesitant on Scalebound but it's not like they only knows how to make one kind of game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I watched a bit of the demo on a stream and thought, "This doesn't look at all like Resident Evil," then the player picked up a key and there was this great video-gamey sound effect and I felt right at home.

It has my attention for sure and no RE game has really done that since 4.

Pomp posted:

Kamiya, Clover, and Platinum have made some very good non-character action games. I'm hesitant on Scalebound but it's not like they only knows how to make one kind of game.

Yeah, that's true. I think what I mean is that Scalebound itself just doesn't look that inspiring, but they also just haven't shown very much aside from "you can fight big monsters with a dragon buddy and also co-op online." Maybe it'll surprise me like Dragon's Dogma did and be a super-fun action-RPG.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

Alright sounds cool, thank you!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Did Rockstar present anything today and more to the point where's there any movement on Red Dead 2? Really all I want is red dead 2 gently caress everything else. :sigh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Did Rockstar present anything today and more to the point where's there any movement on Red Dead 2? Really all I want is red dead 2 gently caress everything else. :sigh:

They smothered Red Dead Revolution underneath a stack of GTAV cash cards.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Alright sounds cool, thank you!

Ubisoft had a new game called Steep and it was a French man talking very calmly while in the background people were screaming horribly as they crunched into mountains at 100mph

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Lemming posted:

Ubisoft had a new game called Steep and it was a French man talking very calmly while in the background people were screaming horribly as they crunched into mountains at 100mph

One guy even wingsuited into a church bell to no comment from the presenters.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Echophonic posted:

One guy even wingsuited into a church bell to no comment from the presenters.
There was even a cartoony BONG sound effect.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That Ubisoft snowboarding game just makes me wish that we were getting a new SSX.

Resident Evil 7 looks heavily inspired by PT as well.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gonna go watch the Death Stranding trailer a bunch more times.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So it's like The Happening?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Barudak posted:

They smothered Red Dead Revolution underneath a stack of GTAV cash cards.

The truth hurts, man. :smithicide::clint:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.twitch.tv/narumi23
Don't get too excited about resident evil 7

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Little Mac posted:

I dunno, I never was really grabbed by the gameplay of any of the DMC games - I only played the first two, though. It felt like 3D CastleVania to me. That's not to say I didn't like them - I did! - but I dunno. It didn't feel deep, gameplay-wise. Style over substance. Just my opinion. Scalebound looks hella boring, though.

ya this is factually wrong

scalebound does look pretty poo poo though

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
CoD: Infinite Warfare will probably be the first CoD I buy again since the days of Modern Warfare 1+2.

It's really cool that we get a military space opera and a welcome change of scenery. Extra points for making GBS threads all over Star Citizen with that trailer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think Microsoft and Sony making new more powerful consoles every year or two is an awful idea that is going to blow up in their face.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Little Mac posted:

DMC1 is really really old and DMC2 is the one nobody likes, really not a strong foundation for that conclusion.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL6xYB5qsc4

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I said come in! posted:

I think Microsoft and Sony making new more powerful consoles every year or two is an awful idea that is going to blow up in their face.

Accelerating the crash of AAA game publishing sounds cool, actually.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Resident Evil 7 looks like one of those lovely horror games that Lowtax used to play on his youtube channel.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Duke Chin posted:

You mean Red Dead 3. Redemption was Red Dead 2. :eng101:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

Accelerating the crash of AAA game publishing sounds cool, actually.

When you put it like that I actually agree with you.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Watchin it. Resident Evil the Dark Descent.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Scalebound looks like it's trying to be something different like Okami far more than it's trying to by any of Kamiya's more "typical" fare. Okami was fun, but in a completely different way from Bayonetta. I'm willing to play wait and see with Scalebound, I haven't been impressed with the gameplay we've seen so far, but Kamiya has said that the game is supposed to be more focused on long-term planning which is probably almost impossible to actually demo. If the game is about training your dragon, equipping your character, and managing attrition, you can't really make that clear in a trailer, so instead you focus on what spectacle you have (and it plays towards what people get excited for from P*).

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuvdP7okdOg&t=170s

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Pomp posted:

You don't even have to make this about must haves, the PS4 has only one must have exclusive in Bloodborne. The Xbone has nothing.

Splatoon is literally the only good console shooter ever made
Bay

Oh look, you invalidated your own opinion with the first entry on your list.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Days Gone is being made by the same developer as Bubsy 3D haha

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

If we really do see new consoles next year then I think there's going to be some developers out there who simply can't keep up with the technology changes. Take this E3 for example, we finally saw the first glimpses of games from studios who have yet to release a single game for this generation of consoles, and may not get them out until the Neo/Scorpio are on the scene anyways, with the remainder only just getting their first games of the generation out before it ends. I know that Microsoft and Sony are eager to emphasize that Neo/Scorpio aren't replacing the PS4/XB1 but the leap in power will be tremendous so it's hard to see how they're going to position the new consoles as worthwhile upgrades if they're simply playing the exact same games with extra pixels.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Megasabin posted:

Not liking Splatoon is what neurologists use now as a positive diagnosis for severe brain damage

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Andorra posted:

Days Gone is being made by the same developer as Bubsy 3D haha

You should see what naughty dog used to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Ya4mSkDMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Megasabin posted:

i forgot to mention is also doesn't have aim assist unlike every other popular slow rear end no mobility non-existent TTK run in circles to rack up kills shooter made for consoles

• Locked thread