Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Orv posted:

It's almost like it's a bad way to control a video game!

Lots of people really like it, especially those who don't have a lot of experience playing FPS on consoles.

I just wish they would offer an option to re-enable the Y-Axis so people like me could enjoy them too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm really feeling bad for Platinum Games, they had really unique titles like Bayo, Madworld, and Vanquish. Even Metal Gear Rising and Transformers felt refreshing.

I even gave Anarchy Reigns a shot and thought it was okay.

But as if TMNT wasn't already bad enough, Scalebound could be their worst game yet. I really want to believe they can do better than this, I hope they prove me wrong...but from what I've seen from E3 I doubt this will be a turnaround.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junior Jr. posted:

I'm really feeling bad for Platinum Games, they had really unique titles like Bayo, Madworld, and Vanquish. Even Metal Gear Rising and Transformers felt refreshing.

But as if TMNT wasn't already bad enough, Scalebound could be their worst game yet. I really want to believe they can do better than this, I hope they prove me wrong...but from what I've seen from E3 I doubt this will be a turnaround.

Nier

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nier stuff is supposed to be on Thursday I guess? I think that's the only other thing this year I had my eye on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Splatoon's motion controls are so much quicker and easier to use but I get not being able to adjust. My best friend can't use them at all, but he's normally a K+M FPS guy. I can't play an FPS without a controller, but the motion controls feel right.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Oh yeah I forgot about that last year.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bass Bottles posted:

I've tried so many times to use the motion controls in Splatoon but I can't get used to them disabling the y axis in the right Stick.

I get that the motion control is just for fine-tuning the aim, but you can't move the camera up or down with the stick AT ALL and my mind can't accept that.

It's personally why I don't play the game.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I got really comfortable using dual-stick controls in Splatoon, you just have to rely heavily on the classic controller trick of strafing as a way to fine-tune your aiming.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Dual analog is garbage for FPS. Keyboard and mouse is the best, followed by Splatoon's controls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Junior Jr. posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that last year.

Thursday at 10 am (i think pacific) theres a whole hour dedicated to it

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Dual analog is garbage for FPS. Keyboard and mouse is the best, followed by Splatoon's controls.

YOURE GARBAGE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Junior Jr. posted:

They're in a much better place than most non-indie small devs. They've had to do some cheap work for Activision under low budgets and time schedules, which results in stuff like TMNT and Korra (though turned out alright for TF), and MS might be controlling in their relationship since MS Game Studios is involved in Scalebound's development, but as a whole they've put out some great passion projects that were fully funded by big publishers like SEGA, Nintendo, SE, and Konami.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 14, 2016

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

But as if TMNT wasn't already bad enough, Scalebound could be their worst game yet.

Scalebound looked amazing what the hell

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

man I was excited to try that RE7 demo but I guess the US store is broken or just not updating or something. Dunno why they haven't flipped that switch for the US but I guess I have to play it later since it's not going up tonight.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Also the last time Platinum did fully-funded exclusives we got The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2

I'm really not worried.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Bass Bottles posted:

YOURE GARBAGE

Third-best control layout for FPS is Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nothing can be said to control well on the N64, that thing had the worst controller of any major analog-stick-using console.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Cowman posted:

man I was excited to try that RE7 demo but I guess the US store is broken or just not updating or something. Dunno why they haven't flipped that switch for the US but I guess I have to play it later since it's not going up tonight.

I hope they forget to press the button and cancel the game so we get another PT situation

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Third-best control layout for FPS is Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64.

:crafty:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's gonna be really fun to play Crash Bandicoot games with modern graphics and stuff, crash 2 and warped were both good

I will also have fun playing as Crash in Skylanders with my 9 year old sister who doesn't know who he is, alongside Donkey Kong since Crash works on all platforms which is very good

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

I will also have fun playing as Crash in Skylanders with my 9 year old sister who doesn't know who he is, alongside Donkey Kong since Crash works on all platforms which is very good

Spyro, Crash, Donkey Kong, and Bowser, together at last

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

raditts posted:

You mean Red Dead 3. Redemption was Red Dead 2. :eng101:

It would/could be Red Dead Redemption 2 because that first one was Red Dead Revolver and only kinda-sorta-related-sorta-so-mostly-but-not-really-a-successor and not proper sequel :science: but seriously they need to make another one

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I hate all of you who told me to watch the Ubisoft presentation so much

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hate all of you who told me to watch the Ubisoft presentation so much

Nobody said watch the whole thing!!!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lemming posted:

Nobody said watch the whole thing!!!

I just got through what felt like an hour of painfully awkward South Park coverage

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

smell this posted:

Anything else

I believe that there are only a few of them on the storefront currently. But the rest range from bad to mediocre.

Orv posted:

Except it's better than dual analog in every way.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just got through what felt like an hour of painfully awkward South Park coverage

Just watch https://youtu.be/Do5d4PAz4rA and keep an eye out for the completely blaze and incredibly brutal deaths

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Lmao also the maniacal, gleeful laughter while half of them loving die

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Aw man, why did the best conference have to be at 2am? :(

God of War looks drat tasty.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
God of War is dog poo poo

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Lemming posted:

Lmao also the maniacal, gleeful laughter while half of them loving die
NONONONONONOONNOO
*CRUNCH*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*THUMP*

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Lemming posted:

Just watch https://youtu.be/Do5d4PAz4rA and keep an eye out for the completely blaze and incredibly brutal deaths

Oh cool a Jeb Corliss ankle and ACL obliteration simulator.

hah that mountain and texture stretching poo poo looks awful typically ubisoft.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

This is the longest of long shots in the world, but I am presently in LA and will be around the Staples Center all day tomorrow. Do any game-dev/press goons wanna help me fulfill a lifelong dream and help me get into E3 somehow?? It would make me a very happy goon nerd indeed!!!!!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Orv posted:

two analog sticks for a shooting game? you're absolutely right!

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
So Idris Elba is Kratos? Sound a lot like him.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sony won simply because they didn't drag it out into a 3-hour interview session like Ubisoft yet actually showed games that are interesting and fun, unlike Microsoft

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hi everyone im sorry i havent been chatting w/ yall ive been busy working like crazy but i have been watching all the e3s

next thread gonna be posted in a lil bit and that'll take us through the rest of the show

biggest disappointment Scalebound, biggest surprise Severed (yes i know it was a Vita game), somewhat puzzled by e3's sudden absence of interest in indie games after the past several years were filled with indie coverage, i wonder if Sony/Microsoft are trying to put them back in the ghetto, to use a bad phrase

best moment was weird beatboxing lady with the drum

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lemming posted:

This looks cool, though the trick mechanics look basic as hell.

GoPro view will make me vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it is the 90s and there is always time for klax but there is no more time for this thread because the new one is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779932

• Locked thread