Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't wait for the Ubisoft conference where Aisha Taylor will continue to erode any good will I have towards her for playing a character in Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

raditts posted:

oh no not the respect for a cartoon voice actor whose name you can't remember correctly

I'm very sorry I offended you, I'm sure this year's set of dank memes about open world games where you climb viewpoints to fill out the world map will be very good

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is one of the less terrible Microsoft conferences I've seen, gotta say.
Still nothing that makes me pine for an Xbone but those games that are gonna be on consoles that aren't the Xbone look pretty cool.
That was a pretty lovely FFXV demonstration though, god drat. Way to pick a lame part to show off.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bholder posted:

Ok, so what even is this "Project Scorpio"

Is this a VR addon? A Steambox, a pre-build PC?

Seems like a PC kit to me I think?
A Steam Box but by Microsoft?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

So which stream is supposed to be showing something from Nintendo around 2:20 PM again?

huh? what?

Anatharon posted:

He or whoever runs his twitter account is savaging MS. :allears:

sadly, it's a parody account

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lemming posted:

All the games looked boring

Nah there were some pretty cool looking multiplats there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that snowboarding game Ubisoft showed was pretty cool
we need more sports games that are filled with people dying horribly due to poor lifestyle choices

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MinibarMatchman posted:

man ubisoft's conference was betetr than I expected with metal gear wildlands and fractured butthole but jesus christ watchdogs continues to look painfully boring, how the gently caress are people excited for that

Lowered expectations from Watch Dogs 1

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That's some bad dialogue right there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what is this silent hill 2 remake or something?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what the gently caress. am i supposed to do?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

eh not impressed

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don't like VR stuff

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what the gently caress is this poo poo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Independence Day 2 looks kinda okay I guess

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I feel like Lego Star Wars isn't a great fit for E3...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why do video game people talk to themselves so much?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm bored

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is pretty loving bad.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mediocre conference, all of the good games this year are indie.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

are people praising this conference ironically or something?
I mean there was some cool stuff and all but a lot of it was pretty drat boring. VR tech demos and FMV teasers, big deal.
Did MS and Ubisoft really lower expectations that far?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

guys you do know that nintendo's digital e3 thing is tomorrow right?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man but gently caress nintendo for not doing a live conference, how am I gonna appreciate the video games without a middle aged woman shrieking after every single sentence that the presenter who sucks at public speaking flubs?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Looper posted:

so what's kojima's new game about

how long can we keep the camera from directly showing Norman Reedus's cock?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

of course they're joking, why would anyone like anything else besides that game where you run backwards while shooting at a really big crowd of zombies?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Phi230 posted:

I don't get the hate for the zombie game Days Gone

mowing down literal waves of zombies

Yeah holding down R2 really gets my blood pumping in the morning.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

"Its not PT and has nothing to do with it"

(yeah sure Kojima we believe you ;) )

you should probably believe him

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So I looked at Square Enix's E3 schedule and it's a total clusterfuck but hey they're showing off Nier on thursday! I guess E3 might not be a total waste after all

SectumSempra posted:

Some people are very freakishly loving obsessed with splatoon when even my 10 year old brother and sister are bored of it.

oh man! even THEM!?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Halo games were good and all until like 9 loving games of shooting the same goddamn aliens.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

xenoblade was pretty disappointing hate to say

No Mods No Masters posted:

giantbomb's weary cynicism at the entire universe is more my speed

this
gently caress e3 and gently caress video game companies

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harrow posted:

I think I'm just bored of cynicism. I'm gonna be positive and like video games for a while.

I do like video games, the problem is that game companies don't.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jimbot posted:

I can agree with that but everyone watches these things to get reveals of all kinds and that's what Sony delivered. The production around it is secondary to that and if they think that stuff is very important then I think they've been kind of hooked by the PR machine.

How the gently caress do you accuse them of being hooked by PR machine right after saying "all that matters is big reveals!"?
The PR hype machine literally runs just on announcements and announcements of announcements and annoncing announcements of revealing announcements of announcements.

What they should have is reveals of substance. Not just a logo covered in rust and a notice to "stay tuned for more" and such poo poo. Maybe then E3 will be less garbage.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

I dunno know any of you are excited for Nintendo, they announced ages ago exactly which games would be there, and said there wouldn't be surprises.

Its Zelda, Pokemon Mobile, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII and the SMT game thats not Persona 5 so nobody cares..

Well I like Zelda so I kinda want to see what that game is about.
Nintendo actually shows unedited gameplay at E3 unlike everyone else, so that's nice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Little Mac posted:

Kamiya games are always style over substance - the DMC games aren't so much "fun" as they are "cool."

What the actual gently caress are you talking about?

Agree that Scalebound looks like poo poo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Little Mac posted:

I dunno, I never was really grabbed by the gameplay of any of the DMC games - I only played the first two, though. It felt like 3D CastleVania to me. That's not to say I didn't like them - I did! - but I dunno. It didn't feel deep, gameplay-wise. Style over substance. Just my opinion. Scalebound looks hella boring, though.

DMC1 is really really old and DMC2 is the one nobody likes, really not a strong foundation for that conclusion.

• Locked thread