Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It's going to be interesting to see if Sony still pushes ahead with the PS4 Neo despite it being underpowered in comparison to the Scorpio, or if they're going to panic and try to increase the power somehow to be comparable. Either ways console gaming in general isn't looking so great right now with the shift to shorter cycles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That Ubisoft snowboarding game just makes me wish that we were getting a new SSX.

Resident Evil 7 looks heavily inspired by PT as well.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

I think Microsoft and Sony making new more powerful consoles every year or two is an awful idea that is going to blow up in their face.

If we really do see new consoles next year then I think there's going to be some developers out there who simply can't keep up with the technology changes. Take this E3 for example, we finally saw the first glimpses of games from studios who have yet to release a single game for this generation of consoles, and may not get them out until the Neo/Scorpio are on the scene anyways, with the remainder only just getting their first games of the generation out before it ends. I know that Microsoft and Sony are eager to emphasize that Neo/Scorpio aren't replacing the PS4/XB1 but the leap in power will be tremendous so it's hard to see how they're going to position the new consoles as worthwhile upgrades if they're simply playing the exact same games with extra pixels.

• Locked thread