Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yeah the odd long range Alternator kill is pretty great. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I dropped this game at launch for feeling immensely more cluttered, slow, and lovely than TF1, picking it up again on sale. Let's see how it turned out!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Lmbo at the thought of anyone thinking that Titanfall 2 is somehow slower than Titanfall 1

Literally played some Titanfall 1 last night because I was in the mood for Frontier Defense and was amazed at how much slower I felt moving around, not to mention actually having to aim down my sights

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Insert name here posted:

Lmbo at the thought of anyone thinking that Titanfall 2 is somehow slower than Titanfall 1

was going to post this but didn't want to be mean to the scrubs.

looking forward to munching on some wishy-washy december quitters.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Insert name here posted:

If you think these maps have wallrun routes like TF1 idk man

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
The improved movement mechanics of TF2 means you don't need to rely on obvious wallrunning pathways to go fast.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

General Battuta posted:

If you think these maps have wallrun routes like TF1 idk man
I don't; I personally would trade all TF2 base maps for TF1 base maps in a heartbeat, which is why I don't complain that Respawn is just constantly porting over TF1 maps instead of making new ones, but yet despite this TF2 is still much faster

Incidentally the one non-TF1 map they've added since launch, Glitch in the Frontier, is incredibly good

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Incidentally the one non-TF1 map they've added since launch, Glitch in the Frontier, is incredibly good

And it never seems to come up for Attrition! :argh:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
This patch also brings back some of the TF1 soundtrack. :hellyeah:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
TF1 music is unironically the best part of the patch

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I never played TF1 but how much faster can this game get

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
TF1 is amazing at setting you up for sustained speed if you knew how to work the system to conserve momentum, TF2 is amazing at giving you a bunch of different ways to GOTTA GO FAST right that second, especially when you realize even on base maps, there's usually some relatively close piece of scenery you can wallrun on enough before you start slidehopping.

(Except for pre-patch Crash Site. And even with current Crash Site it's still pretty iffy.)

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I love love love TF1 but going back and trying to play without the the slide feels bad, man.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
crash site is weird in that its the one map that i found more frustrating instead of more fun as i started to get a grip of titanfall 2's movement systems

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That melee change sounds perfect. I've been waiting forever for a simple solution to make it feel more fair. Also, thank god for changing the out of bounds area in Complex. People that camp in the rafters are scum of the earth.

The scorch buff sounds interesting. I'm surprised at just how much they changed. Not sure how I feel about scorch and Legion getting a dash. Seems like that will really suck for Ion and Tone. Sounds like it will be nothing but scorches everywhere for a while.

Overall sounds like a pretty cool patch aside from the obvious new content.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Exposure posted:

TF1 is amazing at setting you up for sustained speed if you knew how to work the system to conserve momentum, TF2 is amazing at giving you a bunch of different ways to GOTTA GO FAST right that second, especially when you realize even on base maps, there's usually some relatively close piece of scenery you can wallrun on enough before you start slidehopping.

(Except for pre-patch Crash Site. And even with current Crash Site it's still pretty iffy.)

I'm always baffled when people say they have a hard time wallrunning on Crash Site. What's so hard about it? The walls are right there! Use them!

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm always baffled when people say they have a hard time wallrunning on Crash Site. What's so hard about it? The walls are right there! Use them!

If you didn't have issues with pre-patch Crash Site, congrats, you have mastered TF2's movement system because I'm sure everybody else here will attest to running into the problem of "wait what the gently caress do you mean that's not a runnable wall!?" when trying to navigate it at some point or another.

And even with the Monarch's Reign patch fixing various issues of that, it still feels like there are a few places left that will tell you to go screw yourself if you try running on them.

Like only other map that comes even remotely close is Complex, and even then it's only like one particular troublesome set of walls near one of the flag spots that can trip a player up in normal play, if you don't know you can't run on them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's certainly not the most fluid map but you can wall run just about everything. Crash site is a Titan map through and through, though. it's honestly grown on me a lot over time. it's probably my highest scoring map at the moment so it's hard to hate it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I personally never really had too much trouble with the wallrunning in Crash Site. Not to say I think it's a good map mind you, but the fact that I could get some decent wallruns off is probably why it's only the second worst map in my mind, instead of the worst (which goes to Homestead as far as I'm concerned).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really like crash site and homestead. it's good that not all the maps are just wall running all the time. Variety is good.

Relic is the worst map.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Exoplanet is my enemy, but Scorch loves Crash Site. :getin:

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
I guess I'm weird because Homestead is where I can usually find *something* just sufficiently long enough for me to get a wallrun off and start slidehopping my way to where the enemy is much faster than they usually think. Crash Site's always been my "this feels like a map made by someone who absolutely hated the idea of wallrunning."

Well until I met Traffic. As someone five wins away from getting the last Live Fire banner, Traffic's...

Well I'm just glad we're getting something cool looking as Township this update.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

What's the usual DLC release usually Tuesday sometime around noon?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just unlocked the hemlock and I think I've found my spirit animal

How terrible of a person am I for using it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

Just unlocked the hemlock and I think I've found my spirit animal

How terrible of a person am I for using it

You already know the answer to that question. Though it was nerfed slightly in the last patch...

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Turns out while the Ronin block can mitigate infinity damage, while in Sword Core he can block infinity damage x4

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Blind Duke posted:

Turns out while the Ronin block can mitigate infinity damage, while in Sword Core he can block infinity damage x4

:allbuttons:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah that's pretty hosed

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

That 5% reduction on his sword block still might not be enough...

Here's a blog post going more in-depth with the Elite Titan and weapon warpaints. Most of the Titan paints are...kind of bad? Northstar's fade looks cool, Legion's colors are nice, Ion looks good but really similar to her default...the rest are meh to bad. The weapon paints look better, but $5 each? Yikes.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

The titan changes are all pretty good, the pilot changes are all pretty bad, except for the melee, which was fine, and will now be fine-er. High TTK was a bad mode and people who liked it were bad.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What time do patches normally roll out for TF2?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Looks like the patch is out now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

runchild posted:

That 5% reduction on his sword block still might not be enough...

Here's a blog post going more in-depth with the Elite Titan and weapon warpaints. Most of the Titan paints are...kind of bad? Northstar's fade looks cool, Legion's colors are nice, Ion looks good but really similar to her default...the rest are meh to bad. The weapon paints look better, but $5 each? Yikes.

They're for Elites, dude. Financial Elites.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Duke posted:

Wow, 4 Flame Cores and not even a dent. I know Flame Core is made for killstealing weaklings, but still...

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Haven't been able to get into a single game (on pc) since the patch. Did they break it?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Frontier Defence is amazing and Monarch is the best Titan. Don't know why FD has a separate launch option in the main menu, though.

Gunder posted:

Haven't been able to get into a single game (on pc) since the patch. Did they break it?

Everyone is playing Frontier Defence? I'm on PC, no problems finding a game. :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I see what you guys mean about buffing poo poo instead of nerfing it all

This patch especially. Scorch and legion buffs? Awesome. Maybe now there will be less nuke eject Ronin's

Pilot and SMG nerfs? meh

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Oh man the G2 Elite skin is so good. Easily the best of the bunch. Northstars is very pretty as well. Today is a good day to be a sniper bro.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

We are a GO, motherfuckers. Time to flame!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

'Bout to jump on for some FD where everyone at

the ps4 chat thread is still going fairly strong FYI if you want to be added

If you don't want to that's fine or thought it was too lame or didn't like the notifications spam etc etc that's also fine, we don't care