Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«340 »
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It hurts my maiden eyes to see chu people insult Xenogears.

Pork Pro

Renoistic posted:

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and am playing the SP. It's surprisingly creative and fun, even if the main character has no personality. Hats off to the devs for putting in the effort. I'm definitely playing it all the way but will probably not touch the MP.

You should at least try co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Even if you don't like the usual MP modes you should still try Frontier Defense.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

What I've always liked about Titanfall's multiplayer is that even if online shooters aren't your thing you can always contribute to the team score by shooting AI. I'm not sure what the TF2 playerbase skill level is like now, but for the most part multiplayer isn't as frustratingly beginner friendly as other online FPSs.

Definitely give TF2's MP a try, particularly Attrition. If you don't like it try Frontier Defense.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Thanks for the tips. My problem is that I usually can't keep my interest in online shooters for long. I don't find it rewarding enough to keep playing, and prefer a more linear experience with a beginning and end goal. I'll try out some modes at least.

Digirat
Sep 14, 2011

stinking
rat-vole
rodent
piece of
TRASH

Tonight I finally dared to try some competitive and I'm really glad I did. I expected it to be almost impossible to come in as a newbie now and it was definitely really hard, but my first three games went last place->3rd place->1st place!

I can finally say I've experienced what it's like to eject and then charge rifle the guy who made you eject at the top of your launch

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Renoistic posted:

Thanks for the tips. My problem is that I usually can't keep my interest in online shooters for long. I don't find it rewarding enough to keep playing, and prefer a more linear experience with a beginning and end goal. I'll try out some modes at least.

You level pretty fast in TF2. Also, some of the guns are hilarious. I loves me some LSTAR. everyone knows where you're shooting from, but used properly, that thing eats people. It's the platonic form of "WOOO, GET SOME!!!"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Digirat posted:

Tonight I finally dared to try some competitive and I'm really glad I did. I expected it to be almost impossible to come in as a newbie now and it was definitely really hard, but my first three games went last place->3rd place->1st place!
There's this weird phenomenon where a lot of people who still play are just bad. I started playing the original Titanfall when the average number of people in queue was about 100 but managed to hang around the top of the scoreboard pretty routinely.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Played a few games tonight. It's been awhile.

Ion still hot
https://i.imgur.com/GABJ77n.gifv

Firestar still hot
https://i.imgur.com/i55wE08.gifv

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

We're going to need a complete archive of your gifs Wazzit. They're just too good to let them die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digirat
Sep 14, 2011

stinking
rat-vole
rodent
piece of
TRASH

Finally gave ronin in FD another try and wow, highlander is goddamn ridiculous. I didn't think it would reset your core to full but since it does you can go most of an entire wave 5 on one core. That one thing redeems it 100% IMO and I'm to level it now.

If you use nuclear ejection the fact that it dies a lot doesn't even matter too much.

«340 »